Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 minute ago, Stellaboz said:

Some absolute meltdowns on the Lizi FB page over AJ. He's lost the dressing room, signing diddies, no clue etc. I'm not his biggest fan but jesus fucking christ, it's the least objective place ever.

Does it really surprise you? There are some right nuggets in our support. Most of those spouting bile on FB are probably .net regulars. 

Just now, Stellaboz said:

Some absolute meltdowns on the Lizi FB page over AJ. He's lost the dressing room, signing diddies, no clue etc. I'm not his biggest fan but jesus fucking christ, it's the least objective place ever.

AJ doesn't have that much goodwill to play around with in some fans eyes, scraping into the playoffs with a last minute equaliser before getting knocked out by a pretty dreadful United team doesn't give him any real scope to get worse. 

McManus was a really popular player, and on the day where has left we’ve signed two players who don't come with great reviews. I'm not booting off at AJ, I'll wait to see if Danny Devine is as bad as everyone says.  However I can see why fans are pissed. 

8 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

M'Voto was Raiths top earner, offering him a big enough wage to relocate from England, and had just won their POTY. 

The duty rumour which is plausible was that he was on £800+ per week. 

And while Devine has been at premier week clubs, he's been absolutely panned and released by one of them for being shite, he's not going to be able to command that sort off wage. 

Possibly but it was an attractive enough offer for him to agree a 2 year contract.  I hadn't realised M'Voto was such a high earner at Raith but Devine wont be taking a huge cut from what he was on at the beginning of June. 

Edited by Kyle

2 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Possibly but it was an attractive enough offer for him to agree a 2 year contract.  I hadn't realised M'Voto was such a high earner at Raith but Devine wont be taking a huge cut from what he was on at the beginning of June. 

Pretty standard for players wages to drop when they go down a division tbh. There's no chance he'll have managed to command the same wage that he would've been getting at a premier league side, the differences in budget are fairly well documented. I'll be shocked if we've been in competition with any Premier league, or championship clubs for his services. 

25 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I mind when I thought Ashcroft was a Shite signing as Killie were dugmeat for years.

Source? I remember Ashcroft being seen as a good bit of business.

15 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Pretty standard for players wages to drop when they go down a division tbh. There's no chance he'll have managed to command the same wage that he would've been getting at a premier league side, the differences in budget are fairly well documented. I'll be shocked if we've been in competition with any Premier league, or championship clubs for his services. 

I'd probably have laughed if Rovers had signed Devine tbh :(

I really can't stress how poor he looked against Livingston. Probably should have been sent off twice as well.

5 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Source? I remember Ashcroft being seen as a good bit of business.

I'd probably have laughed if Rovers had signed Devine tbh :(

I really can't stress how poor he looked against Livingston. Probably should have been sent off twice as well.

Aye I'd be giving it big licks aswell, hopefully Durnan hits it off big time, Devine rarely plays and this time next year we'll be laughing at these posts while discussing what rating Faiss will be on Fifa 20 after his top goalscorer award. Snapchat-1334523223.thumb.jpg.f8a9d086e70c669d19206eb9cdb909f7.jpg

Haters will say it's fake xx

Eta :- I'll take the blame for the two year deal, my bad. 

Edited by Grant228

I was at a few Thistle games last season and Devine was useless every time he was on. The collective groan from people around me when he came on or was announced as starting doesn’t help my opinion of him.

Given we wouldn’t match County’s offer to McManus or Clark/Aird’s offers from United, it’s highly unlikely we’re breaking the bank for Devine. It’s much more likely that, having suffered a rough patch, and playing in front of fans that were picking on every mistake he made, he just wants to get his career back on track. It’s very common for players to take a pay cut, in an attempt to do so.

Unfortunately, he obviously hasn’t spoken to Nicky Clark or a few of our other players from last season, to find out that even scoring 21 goals in one season isn’t enough for some of our fans.

Its not generating seethe. Its the fact that county fans  as in your post seem to think it has anything to do with facilities, family life etc.   I mean family life?  if he has a family surely more money would need to be on the cards to make him up root them to go and live in the arse end of beyond  a 3 hour trip on the road from hell away from the rest of their family?Its because he's been offered more cash full stop.  Just like when Livi pinched all the best players from everyone else except at least you seem to be able to afford it at the moment.  Frankly its just as well old Roy has loads of cash as he doesn't seem to have much idea about how to run a football side considering the amount of cash hes invested and yet where you are now. 

You are forgetting about flight connections. There is a flight every day twixt Schiphol and Inverness which makes RC a magnet for continental footballers.
As pointed out by Bairnardo, if only Glasgow and Edinburgh airports had the foresight to adopt an occasional flight to Schipol rather than twice dailies to NYC (which provide no squad cover at all).
It’s true though about lifestyle. Dingwall does provide a lifestyle that you are unlikely to encounter anywhere else.

You are forgetting about flight connections. There is a flight every day twixt Schiphol and Inverness which makes RC a magnet for continental footballers.
As pointed out by Bairnardo, if only Glasgow and Edinburgh airports had the foresight to adopt an occasional flight to Schipol rather than twice dailies to NYC (which provide no squad cover at all).
It’s true though about lifestyle. Dingwall does provide a lifestyle that you are unlikely to encounter anywhere else.
There's 8 flights a day between Edinburgh and Schiphol.

Can all the folk who know for definite that Devine will be in our starting line up every game next season please let me know who won the World Cup and how Scotland got on in the League of Nations please?

That's either the world's biggest woosh on DeeBairn, or he's played a superb double bluff woosh. I'd go for the former tbh. Happy enough with Durnan, assume it'll be him and Ashcroft with 2 good full backs and Martin who can play anywhere across the back. Not so much with Devine but maybe he'll turn out to be decent enough cover. Maybe.