Walking Down The Halbeath Road

3 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I really expected to come on here tonight and discover Grant had been removed from post. 

A third of the way through the season and 15 points off the play offs is scandalous stuff. 

Any hopes of title or Top 4 have long since vanished. Grant should be emptied immediately and Board better pray the replacement can keep us up.

It’s our worst managerial appointment ever imo. Worse than Hay, worse than Kenny and even worse than Potter, incredibly.

It is starting to have a bit of a reverse-Leicester feel. You know, that season they won the league, every week it felt like "next week, that'll be when it all comes crumbling down" and it just... didn't. 

Every week you look at that Dunfermline squad and you think "they can't be that bad forever, they'll win one soon enough and that'll turn the corner" but 12 games is a long time. Both in terms of just not getting a result, but also for a malaise to set in.

There's a big difference between saving a sinking ship that's letting in a little water through an open porthole, and one that was torpedoed underneath the waterline 20 minutes ago. Even if Dunfermline bin Peter Grant tomorrow (which you'd have to assume they will, his position is surely beyond untenable now), a very good manager would have a job on his hands to get that squad turned around and firing. And that's before you entertain the possibility that they get the appointment wrong again and being in a manager who's not up to scratch, like the Rovers did when they binned Locke for Hughes. 

That said, I don't think it's too late. I absolutely think the Pars will put more points on the board in the latter two thirds of the season, and I sincerely don't think they'll be relegated. But then, I didn't think Leicester City would win the Premier League... 

Yeah. Worst manager in my time supporting Pars. 

The way he set-up the team at the start of the season was just off the scale stupidity. Never seen anything as badly organised as those first few games. Alarm bells were ringing right from the off.

He resorted to the current set-up 8 games ago and still hasn't moved forward from there.  He doesn't have the ability to improve the situation. He's simply not got  what it takes to be a football manager.

Zero wins in 12 attempts in the Scottish Championship. Why is he still here? It's fucking crazy what our board are doing here. Negligence.

Our next appointment must have some sort of record of managerial success to their name. Proof that they have some sort of idea.

Edited by Chubbychops

2 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

It is starting to have a bit of a reverse-Leicester feel. You know, that season they won the league, every week it felt like "next week, that'll be when it all comes crumbling down" and it just... didn't. 

Every week you look at that Dunfermline squad and you think "they can't be that bad forever, they'll win one soon enough and that'll turn the corner" but 12 games is a long time. Both in terms of just not getting a result, but also for a malaise to set in.

There's a big difference between saving a sinking ship that's letting in a little water through an open porthole, and one that was torpedoed underneath the waterline 20 minutes ago. Even if Dunfermline bin Peter Grant tomorrow (which you'd have to assume they will, his position is surely beyond untenable now), a very good manager would have a job on his hands to get that squad turned around and firing. And that's before you entertain the possibility that they get the appointment wrong again and being in a manager who's not up to scratch, like the Rovers did when they binned Locke for Hughes. 

That said, I don't think it's too late. I absolutely think the Pars will put more points on the board in the latter two thirds of the season, and I sincerely don't think they'll be relegated. But then, I didn't think Leicester City would win the Premier League... 

Dunfermline like Leicester City winning the Premier League in Reverse, open portholes, torpedoed below the waves ffs....

What a load of inane shite

Absolutely nothing left to say about this shit show.  Tired of saying the same things every week with nothing changing.   Don’t know where the club goes from here,  but it’s becoming quite possible it will be without me,  something that feels absolutely mental to say but is becoming more true each week. 

I think back to that car crash of a statement which said that Grant "understands that things have to change, and change quickly".

Since then they've played four games and there has obviously been absolutely no change.  Even by their standards, he simply has to go.

7 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Wonder if the fucking idiot still believes this?

B17BFBBF-A909-4D21-8739-651B4335CABF.jpeg

If ever there was definitive proof that managers should be drug tested it’s that headline. If he’d said playoffs maybe just a wee bit optimistic but “Win the Championship” on 12 October when he hadn’t won a game, the man’s clearly on the glue. 

17 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

If ever there was definitive proof that managers should be drug tested it’s that headline. If he’d said playoffs maybe just a wee bit optimistic but “Win the Championship” on 12 October when he hadn’t won a game, the man’s clearly on the glue. 

My U-16 side was 14-0 down in a two-legged cup game. Thinking I was a comedian I shouted, "Mon lads, 14 goals and we're back in this."

Maybe Grant thinks he's a comedian? 

1 minute ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

My U-16 side was 14-0 down in a two-legged cup game. Thinking I was a comedian I shouted, "Mon lads, 14 goals and we're back in this."

Maybe Grant thinks he's a comedian? 

Well everyone is laughing to be fair…….well everyone outside Dunfermline.

Petrie could well be cautious of coming into a total shitshow and not managing to keep Dunfermline up.  I understand the pull towards him from the fans, but surely he's as well going for a tilt towards the title with Montrose then see what's what?