Walking Down The Halbeath Road

10 minutes ago, 101 said:

This is spot on, if we want to be attractive to foreign talent we need to at least play them especially when they are as good if not better than anything we have in the same position.

Good point here. I'd like to hear how Hughes fits this criteria. Was it asked during the interview? He has shown he's willing to play younger players, although is he doing that just to show that?

Edited by DA Baracus

17 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Was it asked during the interview

You have to think Thomas must have asked something along the lines of this when he interviewed him otherwise he wouldn't be looking after his interests.

As for how John fits into that I would like to hear as well.

5 hours ago, 101 said:

The folk that said he left the club might know :lol:

Tbf he did leave the club in that he wasn't on a contract. 

4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Desperately hoping we can get folk in before Saturday. That's an absolutely huge game and we must win it. 

We need some creativity. f**k knows if Lawless can help there as he barely saw the ball today and I was as confused as he appeared to be as to what his actual role was. Hughes appears to have his boys, although f**k knows why, as most of them are atrocious. 

I thought it was odd that I read an interview with Lawless where he talked about his best position being in the left, and he didn't like how at Burton and Motherwell he was played central. 

We then played him as a second striker. 

34 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Tbf he did leave the club in that he wasn't on a contract. 

I thought it was odd that I read an interview with Lawless where he talked about his best position being in the left, and he didn't like how at Burton and Motherwell he was played central. 

We then played him as a second striker. 

Aye, Hughes is a dafty. He seems set on this shite, unsuccessful formation. Bizarre.

24 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I did laugh at this in the Record's players to watch where I knew he'd be mentioned: 0f72d80fb20bdce02b5d449799f86b77.jpg

Haha, absolutely none of those clubs will want him. I doubt even Sevco actually want him. He isn't good enough.

9 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Haha, absolutely none of those clubs will want him. I doubt even Sevco actually want him. He isn't good enough

I like that even the record appreciate that Rangers fans probably have never heard of anyone outside the regular first team 15.

With such disinterest at their club no wonder they let their it die.

Coll Donaldson has followed the club on social media and now reported in the Courier he is signing.

Surely we’ll be moving a couple players on if that’s the case? We have Connolly, Gašpuitis, Breen, Jones, and Martin that can all play centre half. I don’t understand why Connolly and Gašpuitis aren’t what we’re going with as it’s a solid enough pairing. Definitely can do better there, but I’d have thought centre mid would have been the priority before our next game.

11 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Coll Donaldson has followed the club on social media and now reported in the Courier he is signing.

Surely we’ll be moving a couple players on if that’s the case? We have Connolly, Gašpuitis, Breen, Jones, and Martin that can all play centre half. I don’t understand why Connolly and Gašpuitis aren’t what we’re going with as it’s a solid enough pairing. Definitely can do better there, but I’d have thought centre mid would have been the priority before our next game.

It is possible to pursue more than one player at once.

With Graham bring sent back and Vytas/Jones clearly on their way out a centre half was probably required. Lewis Martin signing on an incentive based deal tells me that he's still not fit enough to play 90 minutes and even if he is he'll be our cover for left back.

Edited by VinnyPar

It is possible to pursue more than one player at once.

Yes, I am well aware of that. However, there SURELY has got to be a few of these players moving on if he targeted Donaldson as well as midfielders? It’s a position we should have enough to get by in. For me, it would seem that Gaspuitis and Jones will move on due to their omission from the squads over the course of the season.

Peter Grant signed a plethora of centre halves to fit the 5 at the back nonsense, and every single one has been League 1 standard at best. The decision to appoint him is going to end up knocking us back a good few seasons. Still boils my piss we had to endure that guy as our manager.

Is Donaldson left footed? If not, is it maybe a sign that Connolly isn’t staying? We now have 6 CBs if not.

Connolly, Gaspuitis, Donaldson, Breen, Jones and Martin all available for 2 separate roles in the team is excessive. If Graham’s the only CB leaving, bringing in 2 (Martin and Donaldson) is ridiculous, given it was the area of the team that we already had too many players for. I can only imagine that departures will be confirmed at some point. Kind of half expected loan departures to be confirmed at the bottom of the article about Donaldson signing.