Walking Down The Halbeath Road

From a guy who has been through the grinder this last two weeks let me tell you that you'll end up safely in mid table mediocrity (most likely 7th,  but if you get the finder out, maybe 6th) this season. By this time next year we will have passed each other heading in different directions. You'll be on the upward trajectory whilst we'll be well screwed heading downwards to oblivion unless there is a huge turnaround of attitudes on both sides of the divide.

12 hours ago, embow said:

From a guy who has been through the grinder this last two weeks let me tell you that you'll end up safely in mid table mediocrity (most likely 7th,  but if you get the finder out, maybe 6th) this season. By this time next year we will have passed each other heading in different directions. You'll be on the upward trajectory whilst we'll be well screwed heading downwards to oblivion unless there is a huge turnaround of attitudes on both sides of the divide.

Hang on a minute here I thought yogi was a washed up fraud who was going to replicate his time at Raith?

9 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

Anyone know what the away stand at East End is like? Is it falling apart like every other seated ground in this division? 

Haven't been in it since 2002, but looks ok any time I've seen it.

9 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

Anyone know what the away stand at East End is like? Is it falling apart like every other seated ground in this division? 

Cowdenbeath End behind the goal or North East stand along the side?

Think the Cowdenbeath End is fine, it was built at the same time and opened a week or two before the Norrie and that's generally in good nick apart from some of the PA speakers not working. As End stands go I think it's still one of the better ones IMO.

The North East was refurbished at the same time with new seated steps replacing the old terracing steps and the roof was redone so that should all be fine. The toilets and catering probably aren't great but it's certainly not in a bad state.

18 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Presumably you're at Rugby Park and the away stand is a bit of a bin?

Mingin aye. Palmerston and Starks fresh in the memory too. You have to have a lot to keep your gaff nice.

We are going to finish 9th, I have accepted it now. Yogi’s tactics to change it up are an embarrassment. McCann needing dropped pronto for O’Hara, a proven goalscorer, and Dom simply has to be playing games.

8 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
9 minutes ago, 101 said:
Ambrose would be the first choice to fill it at RB unless I'm missing something?

Martin

Could be, he's not played there for a while even before he was injured.

Cole had a good chance today to prove to Hughes that he deserves a place in the starting line up but, leaving aside his injury (shock!), he'll surely be fairly disappointed with his efforts. Saying that, I'm not sure he was utilised in a position best suited to him.

Hughes seemed to have the makings of an effective system/formation, but it isn't really working. There are too many shite, ineffective hoofs up the wings that just turnover possession. We still struggle to create chances. It's telling that the good chances we make usually are from some decent passing from the middle of the pitch, not from the useless launched shite.

He said we have to play a certain way to protect the defence, but we're still conceding in almost every game. We need to be more attack minded, not set up with a mentality to 'protect the defence'. It's a loser mentality. We need to start more attacking, to go for teams instead. We have shown at times that we can put some good decent football together and create some chances. We need to do more of that. If that means the keeper shells the ball up field and we fight for it in midfield then so be it. It's better than playing it out to Comrie or Edwards, who are immediately closed down and have no option but to smash it up thr pitch down the wing, where we lose the ball almost all the time.

We need to get the ball out wide more often. In games where we've looked decent it's often been when Dow and Lawless get the ball and can run at guys, or have Edwards and Comrie run outside for a pass.

Although it might not seem like it, I don't like always going on about McCann, but he simply needs to do more other than win the occasional header or lay off the odd ball. Frankly, he isn't effective in the role he plays. We need someone who can score at least more than once in 9 games. He has shown he can get in positions to get on the end of chances, but he misses too many. He needs dropped, even if just for a bit. Start O'Hara and maybe you can bring McCann on later, either to play alongside him or replace him.

Games are running out. We desperately need points. QOTS have a game in hand on us too. I'm absolutely not confident that we would be successful in the playoffs if we finish 9th. We've never once won overall in any playoffs we've been in.

Cole had a good chance today to prove to Hughes that he deserves a place in the starting line up but, leaving aside his injury (shock!), he'll surely be fairly disappointed with his efforts. Saying that, I'm not sure he was utilised in a position best suited to him.

Thought we completely fell out of the midfield battle (that we were winning, certainly in the 1st half and about 50/50 while he was on in the second) when he came off