Walking Down The Halbeath Road

9 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

That quite an incredible achievement. Excellent performance away from the footballing matters.

In the chairman's remarks which are a good read he does touch on not being as good on the park as in the board room which I think rings true. Hopefully things can improve on the pitch, survival this year is a must however.

Would be real same if the cunto got splatted by a tree.
The caul is quite high. Hopefully a big wave approaches. Sad to see the cretin is still lingering down here. I wonder if he has any more make-believe stories about his daughter being racially abused. Complete c**t of a man.

My goalkeeper default_wub.png
Screenshot_20220218-175353.thumb.jpg.f0b83d4a1ac8820092123122a560f4bf.jpg

Why does everything have to come back to the war with these c***s.

Also I’m fairly sure no one’s grandparents or great grandparents were taking their kids to school in the middle of the night with fucking bombs being dropped on their head.

Wee thought for today…

Before I go on, I don’t have any “inside info” or evidence to back this up, but I think it’s fair enough to assume, given the recent takeover and having the 2nd biggest average attendances in the league (to generate cashflow) that we had PROBABLY the biggest budget in the league, outside Killie.

Just think about that for one moment. We had a budget that would be good enough to be challenging for the title, and we have monumentally fucked it up. Getting relegated would be a bigger f*ck-up than Falkirk 2017 or Raith back in the naughties IMO. We are escaping “banter years” patter due to said clubs being an even bigger shambles than us recently, for different things of course.

How this has been allowed to happen is a fucking shambles. As usual though the supporters are taken for a ride and probably to blame for it, knowing this lot we have running things. Hopefully this new CEO totally revolutionises things at the highest level at our club. It’s just f*ck up after f*ck up, and myself along with plenty others I know are totally fed up and cba going back to EEP any time soon.

What made me go on this rant was watching old clips from the early and late naughties. It just felt like we had a bit of an identity and going to EEP was a good day out, regardless of the result. Just feels a million miles away from that now. There was a blip around 2017 when Mikey was the general manager, and fan engagement was brilliant. Just totally depressing where we are when it was totally avoidable and things could have been handled much better from those in power.

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

What made me go on this rant was watching old clips from the early and late naughties. It just felt like we had a bit of an identity and going to EEP was a good day out, regardless of the result. Just feels a million miles away from that now. There was a blip around 2017 when Mikey was the general manager, and fan engagement was brilliant. Just totally depressing where we are when it was totally avoidable and things could have been handled much better from those in power.

I think the rest of your post is pretty spot on, there has to be a review about how this season has gone so wrong. If I'm honest I think it's pretty simple that you have to improve the interview process for your manager as without that you have nothing.

I didn't regularly go to EEP until we were relegated to L1 so can't comment on the feeling of the club at the time but a winning team glossed over a whole manner of ills, and that particular team especially towards the end of the decade just about killed the club.

I think Mikey did a great job, but I think it was also the fact there was someone there full time to do that stuff a lot harder with just Craig doing the social media stuff. Football clubs are horrible for taking every minute of the day, I think that's clear from the Netflix documentary Sunderland Til I Die, so expecting good fan engagement with less staff and poor results then I think you're on a hiding to nothing.

Also winning team helps, trying to get fan engagement when things are sort of meh on the park is difficult.

Hopefully the CEO will bring that availability, I think even in his first weeks that has been positive.

Also Covid has meant the bigger fan engagement with the team has been lacking.

Tldr, it's been poor for a number of reasons, but hopefully things improve.

The 'fan engagement' in the early and late 00s was not just almost non-existent, but many at the club were pretty much openly hostile towards much of the fanbase. 

They chucked out and banned folk from Legends for singing Pars songs. They apparently had photos of folk in the 'singing section' in the security room and had a camera trained on that section at all times. They had 'informants' on certain fan sites who would report back to the club about what was being said and who was saying it, apparently leading to bans for some fans. I can't recall many open meetings or Q and A events they had.

Worst of all was the fucking Elvis statue in Legends.

18 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Didn't you very seriously threaten to, or attempt to, get rid of it for them at one point? 

Haha, I think I said something about either chucking it down the fucking stairs or taking it outside and smashing it to f**k.

I was irrationally annoyed by it. I hated the thing!

It seemed to embody just how poor Legends was. It isn't much better now. Feels like a total waste of a space. It could be so much better on match days, same with Charlie D's.

Edited by DA Baracus