Walking Down The Halbeath Road

On 23/02/2022 at 10:32, Grant228 said:

Our most likely chance now looks like the playoffs, and if we're being honest, league one looks very strong this year, bigger. 

Montrose and Airdrie are no step-change in quality above their teams that lost the playoffs to an atrocious, Gus McPherson managed nick of a Morton side last season. While Queens' Park or plucky, wee 'Falkirk' (check sp. - Ed.) are clearly worse than them. So long as the Championship team enters the play-offs on a half decent run of form, I'd make them narrow favourites to win them. 

You still have to worry about 10th though, which is close to being a two horse race now.

Presumably the club are happy to have one of the worst streaming services in the country? There have been issues since the start of last season and nothing has improved. 

Is the thinking that if the club invest any cash in ParsTV that they (the club) will have more say? Given the state of the service, that wouldn't be a bad thing anyway, but the official streaming service of the club having no input from the club is a bit wishful anyway surely?

The club need to address the desperately poor quality of the system. At minimum they need to pay for training for the folk who operate it.

Someone just sent me this:

Apparently someone involved in ParsTV said the following after the game:

"We have made major steps since the start of the season and recently I believe we have one of the best services outside the SPL."

😅

We have one of the worst 'services' in the country. 

I wonder if it’s something cook might look into.  He’s got a background in marketing and our TV team are a big part of that,  even if it’s investment not directly for streaming, it may be improved indirectly by others(things such as training or better equipment for pre/post match interviews)

I also wonder if the away fans being in the cowden end maybe his doing,  it was said all season the gym couldn’t be used for changing and within a few weeks of him being here it’s now ok.   

His remit seems to include making us more profesional off the park and parstv is certainly one of those areas where we can improve 

Just now, parsforlife said:

I wonder if it’s something cook might look into.  He’s got a background in marketing and our TV team are a big part of that,  even if it’s investment not directly for streaming, it may be improved indirectly by others(things such as training or better equipment for pre/post match interviews)

I also wonder if the away fans being in the cowden end maybe his doing,  it was said all season the gym couldn’t be used for changing and within a few weeks of him being here it’s now ok.   

His remit seems to include making us more profesional off the park and parstv is certainly one of those areas where we can improve 

Yeah hopefully he can help with ParsTV. It's not all their fault. They need help. Some training would go a long way. If they want to keep the same guys then getting them some training with professionals would really benefit them. 

I think the away fans in the Cowden end is just a coincidence in terms of timing. 

Being positive, has anyone else listened to the Walking Down the Halbeath Road podcast yet? First episode dropped yesterday, and it was with Westie.

Very good listen and if the coming episodes are of the same quality, (and I don't doubt they will be) then it will be a tremendous podcast.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Being positive, has anyone else listened to the Walking Down the Halbeath Road podcast yet? First episode dropped yesterday, and it was with Westie.

Very good listen and if the coming episodes are of the same quality, (and I don't doubt they will be) then it will be a tremendous podcast.

A wee while ago I had the pleasure of telling Westie that I love him as I cycled past him near our mutual home. 

My first memory as a Pars fan was him being nutmegged against Coventry in a friendly. 

Wheres the podcast? Spotify?

8 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

A wee while ago I had the pleasure of telling Westie that I love him as I cycled past him near our mutual home. 

My first memory as a Pars fan was him being nutmegged against Coventry in a friendly. 

Wheres the podcast? Spotify?

https://walkingdownthehalbeathroad.podbean.com/

14 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Take it this is different to Black and White Noise which kinda died a death?

Aye, it works with the former players association. They have a load of ex players lined up seemingly. 

3 hours ago, parsforlife said:

it was said all season the gym couldn’t be used for changing and within a few weeks of him being here it’s now ok.   

Social distancing has changed as per the SPFLs group, guess the gym was too small before and it makes sense to house the Killie fans in the big stand. 

I actually think it's makes the atmosphere worse.

48 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

https://www.youtube.com/user/dafcheritagetrust

Some class video interviews on this channel if folk haven't seen them. Great to have. 

Thanks. It's on my to do list to move them over into podcasts but everything has been all go at the moment so not had a chance to look into it, but I think it would be good to move them off YouTube exclusively.

Get McCann out the team for next week. It’s just not happening and you can see his confidence fading week by week.
Dom Thomas in from the start at Arbroath as well.

Agree with this. O’Hara and Thomas have to start next week. That’s obvious to anyone who watched the game yesterday. It was also obvious to most of us before yesterday. But Yogi just doesn’t like changing his team, regardless of results/performances and it has been worrying me. Then he comes out and says Lewis Martin is our fourth choice RB, behind Leon Jones and Matty Todd and I just can’t believe how poor he is at judging players.

McCann and the 3 players who started behind him (Dow, Dorrans and Lawless) were all poor yesterday. That system isn’t working with the players we have, it needs changed. Can’t continue lumping long balls to McCann when there’s no other Pars players within about 25 yards of him. Looked so much better when we were playing it in behind/into space for O’Hara. But Yogi probably thinks it was alright and will keep the 2 players who made an impact on the bench, so that he can make subs that improve the team. Even if it means us looking awful until they’re on.

What the f**k has happened to Todorov? He could do McCanns job and then some, but has utterly disappeared.

O Hara or Kamwa have to start next week. McCann, like Todd, gives everything bur we need quality up there and unfortunately he's not got the instinct in the final 3rd.
If Kamwa is fit, give him a shot. Looked from the short time against Queens he offers a bit of everything.

Dom has to start from now. That's a given.

Comrie will come back on surely and give us much more quality down the right again.

My expectations were rock bottom but I felt Todd did fine honestly. Count me in the group baffled why Martin wasn’t playing ahead of him, though.

I’ve seen Killie three times this season and they’ve not impressed me at any stage. Tells you how poor the Championship is that they might still win the league.

Really hope there's a relegation clause in Hughes' contract and that, if/when we go down, said clause is utilised and Hughes is punted.

That will be likely I think. If we do go down, a total clear out is needed from top to bottom. We have been a failure for years and years now. Total revolution required.