Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Only 1 Saturday home game left between now and the end of the season.

No Fife derbies on a Saturday all season, fucking sick of this season like [emoji23][emoji23]See yous in August for our League 1 title challenge.

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

You think Alba are going to miss the chance of a Pars v Falkirk game live on TV? ☺️

Falkirk are going to make that decision for them I'm afraid, by continuing to be utter horse.

Maybe we could both scoot off to Australia for a glamour friendly?

7 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Falkirk are going to make that decision for them I'm afraid, by continuing to be utter horse.

Maybe we could both scoot off to Australia for a glamour friendly?

Given the decision making of both clubs this season, we'd probably arrange to play it in Donesk.

10 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Given the decision making of both clubs this season, we'd probably arrange to play it in Donesk.

Screenshot_20220228-195420.png

A boy on the Falkirk thread posted this image a couple of days ago from the Ukraine/Poland border.

There's obviously a massive latent support for the Bairns in Ukraine so let's do it.

6 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

You think Alba are going to miss the chance of a Pars v Falkirk game live on TV? ☺️

Not sure they’ve ever televised a Championship play-off semi-final before tbh.

Usually both legs of the final get the illustrious Gaelic treatment.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Also, the Stevenson in goals for Raith game reminds me that quite a few folk chucked money on Ayr scoring quite a few goals, only for them to only get one.

It was a fucking shanner, tae. Corner kick swung in between the penalty spot and the six yard box for Farid El Alagui to header in. I think a lot of proper goalkeepers would've conceded it. Other than a shot in the first five minutes that Stevenson pushed away, Ayr offered nothing else all game. 

Also, the Stevenson in goals for Raith game reminds me that quite a few folk chucked money on Ayr scoring quite a few goals, only for them to only get one.
I was one of them. Raced home from Garthdee Asda to get on the laptop for bet365 account. Sigh.

Yogi and his abysmal tactics can GTF. Brought on Thomas in that central role last week and he was effective and gave the team a lift. Today, he still leaves him on the bench, until he’s brought on at RWB. Then we brought on 2 CBs in a quadruple substitution with 8 mins left, at 1-0 down.

Until there were seconds left, we showed no urgency, no attacking intent and I don’t think Gaston made a save after about the 5th minute. Chalmers and Dorrans were awful. Taking far too much time on the ball and very rarely looking forward.

Still took the manager an hour to make his first change. Even at that though, Edwards was having a really poor game, but he played him at LCB to bring Comrie off. I honestly don’t think the manager knows what he’s doing at all and I just dont understand why on earth he played Thomas at RWB. That’s a horrendous decision and shows that he doesn’t have a clue how to use the players he has at his disposal.

9 games left and the manager still doesn’t have a clue how to set this team up to give us any chance of winning a game of football. The quadruple sub seemed to confuse everyone and took about 2-3 minutes to get everyone on the park after the 4 players coming off had already come off.

We’ve picked up 4 wins, 5 draws and 5 defeats since Hughes was appointed. That’s 17 points from a possible 42, which isn’t very good.

That also is fairly generous and giving him the win at Inverness where he was in the stand but perhaps not officially “in charge”.

It’s still an improvement on Grant but that’s a very low bar. Grant’s appointment is one of the worst decisions this Board have ever made and they’ve still not accepted what an error it was.

At this moment in time, I don’t think Yogi has yet done enough to suggest he should be in charge next season. If we go down - which looks extremely likely now - I think we have to consider other options.