Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:

Timings odd. Brings Mehmet dangerously back into the fold again emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

f**k! A unthinkable thought!

1 minute ago, DAFC. said:

Liam Polworth.

Central midfielders are the new central defenders!

Seems like a decent signing though. Wonder if it's for cover or to start?

I think this might be wishful thinking. 
However John has pushed Dorrans forward and his legs really don't suit that role at all.
ETA sad to see Owain leave. Have to get a goalkeeping coach in now as I can't imagine Leicester would be that happy with their loan player not getting any real coaching.

Agreed, but I can’t see what other role Polworth plays. I don’t think he has the legs for Pybus’ role and I can’t see Hughes looking to replace Chalmers. I’m also assuming(/really hoping) that he’s not been signed to play on the wing and keep Thomas out the team for longer.

Just realised that Stolarczyk is an U21 international, so will be on international duty for the Partick and Inverness games. 2 crucial games and we’re stuck with Mehmet!

That’s us doon.

8 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Agreed, but I can’t see what other role Polworth plays. I don’t think he has the legs for Pybus’ role and I can’t see Hughes looking to replace Chalmers. I’m also assuming(/really hoping) that he’s not been signed to play on the wing and keep Thomas out the team for longer.

O'Hara

Thomas Polworth Dow

Pybus Dorrans

Or O'Hara

Polworth in behind

Then a flat 4 in the middle?

3 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Just realised that Stolarczyk is an U21 international, so will be on international duty for the Partick and Inverness games. 2 crucial games and we’re stuck with Mehmet!

FLOOD THE PITCH!

17 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Polworth any good?

A more half hearted footballer you’d struggle to find. I was really excited when we signed him, but his head goes down easily and when that happens, he downs tools. Hopefully Yogi can turn him into a richt guid honest laddie. 

At the start of the season Polworth was considered a fantastic signing I'm sure, he's not had a great time of it at Killie but for whatever reason, few players are coming out of them looking good this season. 

I missed the game on Saturday and I'll be missing most of them for the rest of the season, on the plus side I won't be in the country if we get relegated. 

19 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Polworth any good?

He was a waste of a wage, clearly uninterested this season and I’m glad he’s gone.
That’s two managers who gave him many chances this season with no return.

There’s clearly a player in there and maybe Yogi will get more out of him.

25 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

He was a waste of a wage, clearly uninterested this season and I’m glad he’s gone.
That’s two managers who gave him many chances this season with no return.

There’s clearly a player in there and maybe Yogi will get more out of him.

Well, he's got no time to find it. He needs to hit the ground running and give us not just good performances, but actually helping turning draws into wins. 

Polly played about 80 games in the Premiership under Hughes and Foran and about the same in his last two seasons in the Championship under Robbo where he racked up about 30 assists in 2 years. He also had a great first season at Motherwell of course before it all went sour. He's a cracking player but also ones that seems to thrive on confidence. Hughes is probably the best guy apart from maybe Robbo to get the most out of him. Can't believe how badly it seems to have gone for the guy in the last couple of years.