Walking Down The Halbeath Road

@RiG has already covered it but to chip in here about Polworth, he had a great first season with us (Motherwell) and was easily one of our most productive player in the season we finished 3rd but for whatever reason he went off a cliff in the 2nd.

Whether that was down to the pandemic or what IDK but it really soured in the end (the tweets from his missus confirm that :lol:). He got himself sent off against Aberdeen in Alexander's 3rd game he was pretty much done, he got one last run out in a 3-0 loss against St Johnstone where he absolutely phoned it in and after that saw out his last few months training with the weans.

He seemed to have been in talks with Hughes about going back up the road at the end of last season only for County to bin Hughes so Polworth ended up at Killie (I'm pretty sure Wright had tried to sign him for St Johnstone but he opted for Motherwell instead).

He explained: “Yogi was my manager at Inverness and he’s watched my career since then.

“Obviously a lot has changed for me, playing-wise and he was interested, trying to get me to come back up the road.

“I’m from up the road and it would have been be ideal for my family, close to our friends and for our kids it would have been ideal."

Link

I'm not sure whether or not he was scunnered about not getting to go back up the road or not, it'd kind of explain why it hasn't really worked out for him at Killie if his heart hasn't really been in it.

I'm guessing his missus didn't like Ayrshire any more than she did Lanarkshire,

25 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Take it Cole is pretty much done then, barring injuries/suspensions. Seems like he's way down the order when it comes to the midfield. Another great Grant signing.

Just Dorrans and Pybus that starting from Grant's signings now. The arrival of Polworth may even see one of them drop out now. 

What an unmitigated disaster that appointment has been.

1 hour ago, Chubbychops said:

Just Dorrans and Pybus that starting from Grant's signings now. The arrival of Polworth may even see one of them drop out now. 

What an unmitigated disaster that appointment has been.

That's mental. Aye, the appointment of Grant will go down as one of the worst in the club's history and certainly the worst, by far, in my time watching the team.

Another decent signing (on paper) by Hughes. Would be in a healthier position if he'd been approached in the summer rather than PG.

Watched Cove vs QOS there and QOS seemed to have a resolve about them which they've maybe been lacking a bit this season. Doesn't bode very well for us.

Neil Alexander turns 44 next Thursday.

So? We needed a goalkeeper coach and have got one. He’s not been brought in to be our number 1 (although, ironically, he might end up with that shirt number). The reason he’s needed as cover is because Mehmet is currently injured and we’re likely to lose Stolarczyk to international duty.

49 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

So? We needed a goalkeeper coach and have got one. He’s not been brought in to be our number 1 (although, ironically, he might end up with that shirt number). The reason he’s needed as cover is because Mehmet is currently injured and we’re likely to lose Stolarczyk to international duty.

Can you point out where I criticised his appointment?