Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Fucking hell we're in a bad position. 

It is utterly bizarre how the league, after having such a defined split is now just piling in on itself. 

Our most likely chance now looks like the playoffs, and if we're being honest, league one looks very strong this year, bigger. 

On 20/02/2022 at 13:33, DAFC. said:

We’re absolutely fucked. We need to go on a mad winning run to have any hope. Isn’t happening.

The hierarchy need fucking chased out of Dunfermline for allowing this.

On 21/02/2022 at 08:46, da_no_1 said:

We're not "absolutely fucked". 1 win pulls us right back into the mix. 

Well this aged well.................turns out we're totally fucked after all. All aboard the Yogi League One bus.......toot toot

8 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

We're not "absolutely fucked". 2 wins pulls us right back into the mix.

I'm usually positive abut the Pars. And I appreciate 2 wins can pull us back into things but only if the others stop doing the same. At least one of Ayr, Morton & Hamilton win every week.

I just can't see us getting 7 points more than any of the others. I really hope I'm wrong.

19 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Fucking hell we're in a bad position. 

It is utterly bizarre how the league, after having such a defined split is now just piling in on itself. 

Our most likely chance now looks like the playoffs, and if we're being honest, league one looks very strong this year, bigger. 

League One next year will be a very difficult division. 

You'd imagine Falkirk will do a major rebuild in the summer and will put together a competent team.

Kelty Hearts will be very strong.

You could potentially have all of Airdrie, Montrose and Queens Park again, who are strong teams. Potentially one of them could go up but then they'd be replaced by, most likely, Queen of the South, who will have a new manager and could also do a rebuild. Potentially they could be strong contenders.

If we go down it will be very difficult to get back up. It will be an absolute disaster.

1 minute ago, da_no_1 said:

I'm usually positive abut the Pars. And I appreciate 2 wins can pull us back into things but only if the others stop doing the same. At least one of Ayr, Morton & Hamilton win every week.

I just can't see us getting 7 points more than any of the others. I really hope I'm wrong.

I know, it was tongue in cheek. It's looking incredibly difficult.

I'd honestly forego any horrific performance for 3 points, no matter what. Normally I'm like that anyway, but right now it's essential we start winning. Bollocks to fancy football, if we find a formula where we shitfest our way to safety, I'd take it. I'm no manager, but I think we just have to find a way to play our best players. Lawless, Thomas, get them on the ball and get bodies into the box. Shove Todorov up there and give McCann a break, or Kamwa. 

43 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Ayr v QOS on Saturday - I suppose we want a draw? 

Only if we fail to win IMO. If we win, then Queens beating Ayr will leave us 3 points off 8th with a game in hand and suddenly the position we are in doesn't look as bad. It's all ifs and buts. A cliche, but we should just be focusing on ourselves and going in to each game as if it were a cup final. Draws are no use anymore. If we are drawing games heading in to the last quarter, we should be throwing the kitchen sink at getting a victory. We need to start taking risks now. Fortune favours the brave. 

You'd imagine Falkirk will do a major rebuild in the summer and will put together a competent team.
You could potentially have all of Airdrie, Montrose and Queens Park again, who are strong teams. Potentially one of them could go up but then they'd be replaced by, most likely, Queen of the South, who will have a new manager and could also do a rebuild. Potentially they could be strong contenders.
If we go down it will be very difficult to get back up. It will be an absolute disaster.
Been waiting on a Falkirk rebuild resulting in a competent team for the last 5 years.

41 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Been waiting on a Falkirk rebuild resulting in a competent team for the last 5 years.

It will happen sometime, and doesn't change what I said about the other teams.

Relatively small point, particularly following last night’s result and our very concerning league position, but I noticed the East Stand is being used for away fans again from this week.

Financially that’s probably good news for the visit of Raith in April, but I do wonder if they’ll continue to use the North East for the smaller travelling supports?

4 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Falkirk, Airdrie and Kelty all with the potential to bring a decent support next season.

Kelty? Nah. Airdrie? Nah. 

The only one close to being alright in numbers would be Falkirk. As long as we aren't playing them on the last day, having already won the league. 

If we don’t win our games then we don’t need to bother what anyone else is doing. Pick up enough points and let everyone look after themselves.

Kelty would have more fans than normal due to it being so local but they’ve still got a small support.

Falkirk will bring a decent number irregardless of form but 1500-2000 possible if it’s a title battle.

Airdrie’s support at EEP has never been very impressive in my lifetime. Probably 30+ years since that rivalry meant anything.

Airdrie brought good numbers on this day https://dafc.co.uk/fixture.php?SID=First%20Team&D=2006-01-07&ID=289

And Kelty would bring more than half the teams in this division purely cause of the location/novelty whatever you want to call it. At least for the 2 games at East End next season.

Just now, Rob1885 said:

Airdrie brought good numbers on this day https://dafc.co.uk/fixture.php?SID=First%20Team&D=2006-01-07&ID=289

And Kelty would bring more than half the teams in this division purely cause of the location/novelty whatever you want to call it. At least for the 2 games at East End next season.

Don't ever mention that game again. Ever.

11 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

One-off cup tie and first competitive meeting in 5/6 years. We were also in the top flight at the time.

For a run of the mill L1 game, they’ll bring a few hundred tops.

One-off cup tie and first competitive meeting in 5/6 years. We were also in the top flight at the time.
For a run of the mill L1 game, they’ll bring a few hundred tops.

If they're going for the league then they've the potential to bring a decent support through.

ETA: they've 6th highest average support in league 1 this season so...maybe not

20 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

If they're going for the league then they've the potential to bring a decent support through.

ETA: they've 6th highest average support in league 1 this season so...maybe not

They won't. Their support is nothing like it was years ago. Maybe because their knuckle-dragging fans have actually grew up or just decided to swallow their pride and start going to Ibrox? In any case, they'd bring a couple hundred at best.