Walking Down The Halbeath Road

19 minutes ago, lochgellyPAR said:

Think fans will need to be realistic about an immediate bounce back to the championship. I’d prefer a stable return with a well gelled squad rather than straight back up with aging jobbers

Sorry but I'm not getting this logic at all. 

Realistically, we should be aiming for a bounce back? Any good signings we make this season will have non promotion clauses etc written in and will by gone next season if we're not promoted? Do you reckon we're going to sign a bunch of talented players haply to stick around here? 

How's it worked out for Falkirk taking there time to get that well gelled squad together? They must be like glue! 

Talk of this big turnaround is a nonsense, if AJ can take is from 7th to scooshing the league then we should absolutely be targeting going straight back up. 

Sorry but I'm not getting this logic at all. 
Realistically, we should be aiming for a bounce back? Any good signings we make this season will have non promotion clauses etc written in and will by gone next season if we're not promoted? Do you reckon we're going to sign a bunch of talented players haply to stick around here? 
How's it worked out for Falkirk taking there time to get that well gelled squad together? They must be like glue! 

Talk of this big turnaround is a nonsense, if AJ can take is from 7th to scooshing the league then we should absolutely be targeting going straight back up. 

Of course we should be aiming for a bounce back but I’m just being more conservative and looking at what’s happened with Falkirk. My point about the well gelled squad is more along the lines of getting a squad of decent youngish players rather than one or two high paid has beens

Just now, lochgellyPAR said:

Of course we should be aiming for a bounce back but I’m just being more conservative and looking at what’s happened with Falkirk. My point about the well gelled squad is more along the lines of getting a squad of decent youngish players rather than one or two high paid has beens

Decent youngish players like Hamilton won't stick around forever. 

And if they're decent, they'll get us promoted. 

11 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

If previously free events are now £10-£15 then I shudder to think what the ticket prices will be next season.

The Q&A with the manager is just a new money spinning venture for the club, if they tried to ditch the supporters council they would need to change the supporters charter and constitution of the club. Besides the council meetings aren't organised by the club, merely at their gift of speakers and venue.

What did you lot make of Breen last season? I thought he looked a decent prospect when on loan at Partick but obviously as with most young centre backs had the odd clanger in him.

To be perfectly honest a year ago I was in here bumming up Ross Graham as a good signing having watched him for Cove and you lot hated him. 

9 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

That's fantastic news

7 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

What did you lot make of Breen last season? I thought he looked a decent prospect when on loan at Partick but obviously as with most young centre backs had the odd clanger in him.

To be perfectly honest a year ago I was in here bumming up Ross Graham as a good signing having watched him for Cove and you lot hated him. 

I might be in the minority but I think Breen is utter dug meat. Poor positioning, lacking strength and just all round weak.

13 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

Bit weird seeing Bene in a Pars top but I think he’ll be a solid signing in League 1.  Thought he’d join McGlynn at Falkirk but Pars obviously gave him a better package. 

Kenneth Williams Archive (@KENNETHWILLlAMS) / Twitter

46 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I think there's a player in Breen, with a pre season not interrupted by Covid and some regular game time I think there's every chance he'd look v decent for us. 

Ross Graham was fucking shite for us, he's done v well at United though. 

I think there's a player in Breen, with a pre season not interrupted by Covid and some regular game time I think there's every chance he'd look v decent for us. 
Ross Graham was fucking shite for us, he's done v well at United though. 
Coaching at the club seemed off for me too.look at Wilson. Leaves us and is rehabilitated and playing at Greenock within a few weeks.

Graham looks a player before and after being at us and was pish with us. The common denominator is us and our coaching team.

Hopefully Shields is moved to the Academy and the first team staff is all new under McPake.

3 minutes ago, Heaton said:

Coaching at the club seemed off for me too.look at Wilson. Leaves us and is rehabilitated and playing at Greenock within a few weeks.

Graham looks a player before and after being at us and was pish with us. The common denominator is us and our coaching team.

Hopefully Shields is moved to the Academy and the first team staff is all new under McPake.

Yep, I've said it elsewhere but I'd actually like a management and coaching team that could get the best out of players. 

Look at Inverness, how often do they sign players that has everyone else thinking "shite" only for them to play class? Chalmers was meant to be decent there! While McPake will, and should bring in his own players there's a few players within our team who have previously played well elsewhere, and turned to shite once they get here, he has to work with the likes of Breen, Todorov/Wighton, Chalmers, Dorrans and get them playing to an acceptable level. 

2 minutes ago, Heaton said:

I believe that he has been asked to move to the academy and accepted the role. But we need first team coaches in the door before that can actually happen. Players are in for testing this Friday and pre-season starts next week. If we don’t have a coaching team sorted by then, he’ll still be required as a first team coach until we do.

Agree that coaching has been a major issue. Under Crawford, at least we saw some players improve/progress. Under Grant and Hughes, players only seemed to regress. Several players with ‘potential’ came in the door and just looked awful. McCann and Todd improved under Hughes, to be fair. Although, I hadn’t been particularly impressed with either before, so that just means that they actually looked like football players.

I guess my concern is that if Shields hasn’t been able to help younger players improve as a first team coach, why do we believe he’ll be a good fit for the academy? 

I guess my concern is that if Shields hasn’t been able to help younger players improve as a first team coach, why do we believe he’ll be a good fit for the academy? 

A bit of a leap but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and put it down to the egotistical managers in charge having the own ideas that weren't working but stuck to it

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

We didn't see a lot of Breen. He joined late, had fitness issues and multiple covid issues. He was mostly an unused sub until nearer the end of the season where he came in for Donaldson whilst injured. He looks like he has the physicality needed at centre half but whether he has it or not I'm not sure. I think he'll cope better in league one with a competent defender like Benedictus who can talk him through the game.

Ross Graham situation is utterly bizarre. I'm certain most Dunfermline fans would have him on a worst 11 if asked, yet he goes on to have a blinder second half of the season and is nominated for YPOTY and gets a Scotland 21's call up. Obviously he was playing alongside better players but also playing against tougher opposition.