Walking Down The Halbeath Road

7 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

dont think its particular easy getting money out of them 😃

Well it's not red tape then or anything to do with their nationality unless Im missing something?

Took us until out 5th home game last season to score. Took until out 8th game until our first home win. Took until our 14th league game overall until our first league win.

First time in 4 years we've won our opening league game.

10 minutes ago, Airduray Diamond said:

How has kyle Mcdonald got on since he returned from loan, for us he looked a shadow of what he used to be, can see him being a problem for you guys if he’s a starter

he’s been fine.  Been rotated as part of the front 3 apart from some of the game yesterday when he moved to wingback.

1 hour ago, Airduray Diamond said:

How has kyle Mcdonald got on since he returned from loan, for us he looked a shadow of what he used to be, can see him being a problem for you guys if he’s a starter

He works hard and likes to get forward, but his final ball is horrendous. Particularly frustrating yesterday, a number of attacks just broke down when he booted the ball out of play when he attempted to cross it, also had a few chances to score and failed to work the keeper at all. Think he’s an ok squad player, but not someone we will, or can, rely on most weeks.

I liked MacDonald's performance yesterday until he got to the final point. He worked really hard, got in great positions a lot but his delivery was atrocious.

If he can improve the final ball then both he and Edwards can be big weapons for us. Although, tbh, I prefer having Comrie getting further forward.

15 hours ago, Airduray Diamond said:

Plenty effort but as many others have said, his final ball is poor. I recall him playing wide right when Yogi first came in, this was because he had a good final ball but yesterday was woeful. I genuinely think he could play and play well as a sitter or even centre mid, he's looks physical with a decent engine and isn't bad on the ball until it comes to crossing.

17 minutes ago, par-adise said:

Yep he just isn't a winger. Nor are Wighton or O'Hara. Squad is very unbalanced as a hangover from last season so these guys are playing out of position. Hope they don't become a scapegoat as a result.

O'Hara is a weird one. He's got the pace to play wider but rarely beats a man going past them. So you get him to play through the middle and he ends up taking up wider positions. He's not the penalty box poacher I thought we might be getting after his Alloa stint.

Wighton was decent when he came on, didn't do much but what he did do he done well. In terms of ability he's a very good footballer, he'll come good. Again, he played wider for Dundee and didn't become a 'number 9' until he joined Hearts.

FWIW, Chalmers is a bit of a scapegoat but I thought he had a good game on Saturday.

I don't buy into the scapegoat thing. He's a midifleder that doesn't like tackling and he doesn't offer very much other than short passes. It's really not fine for a midfielder to offer so little. I don't want the guy getting abuse or anything. I just want him replaced with a more effective midfielder.