Walking Down The Halbeath Road

17 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I think there were a few photos of McPake and Paton having a "friendly chat" after the recent game at East End too, which probably added fire to the rumours. Would make sense as a step up as opposed to Ayr I'd suggest (and I mean no disrespect to Ayr who have had a fantastic season and are pretty well backed financially) although it wouldn't be as much travelling moving to Ayr, assuming he lives West Side.

Can't be any offence there because everyone knows we are massive

52 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Utter waste of parliaments time, the police have no interest in dealing with Celtic or Rangers, no one else could have the level of disorder they have and continually get away without sanction from the league or the police.

There is continuous sectarian bile which goes unchallenged, Rangers twice destroyed George Square at great expense to the tax payer. What's needed is UEFA style liability however with those 2 clubs having a controlling grip on the game nothing with change even if this law is passed.

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Be quite surprised by this if it happens. I fully expect him to be gone but I can't imagine Aye will be offering significantly more wages than ourselves. 

I have it in my head he's going to sign for yourselves and have done for a while. No idea why I first thought this but his comments about enjoying playing at EEP made my suspicions stronger. I have absolutely no inside information in regards to his next club though. 

To be fair, Ayr thought they signed Todorov 2 years ago as well. 

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Utter waste of parliaments time, the police have no interest in dealing with Celtic or Rangers, no one else could have the level of disorder they have and continually get away without sanction from the league or the police.

There is continuous sectarian bile which goes unchallenged, Rangers twice destroyed George Square at great expense to the tax payer. What's needed is UEFA style liability however with those 2 clubs having a controlling grip on the game nothing with change even if this law is passed.

Aye pretty much spot on!

2 hours ago, par-adise said:

Has a wee dig at one of last season's management for not believing in him. Hughes presumably as Grant signed him.

Aye that’s definitely aimed at hughes. Went around telling everyone we needed a left footed center back only to sign 2 right footers. Must have been a bit frustrating for Breen 

Fairly strong indication that Todorov won't be with us next season. Sponsors evening took place Wednesday or Thursday evening (not sure) and someone I know sponsored him for the season and captioned his social media post about missing him. 

5 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

Fairly strong indication that Todorov won't be with us next season. Sponsors evening took place Wednesday or Thursday evening (not sure) and someone I know sponsored him for the season and captioned his social media post about missing him. 

There could be many reasons for that though. 

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

There could be many reasons for that though. 

There could be, but it wasn’t a “I’ll miss him over the summer” type post. Have added a snip of the post - 

1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:

Fwiw I hope the big guy stays. Not fussed about Ohara tbh.

Aye me too mate, I wouldn’t even say I’m not fussed, I’d go as far as I don’t really want him staying as he doesn’t do enough. He doesn’t take people on, he’s scored 3 goals in 18 appearances this season, one of which I’m sure was already over the line, the other a well taken header against Alloa and then the rebound off the bar the day we won the title. Not good enough in L1, I can’t see it being better in the Championship. 

Obviously if Todorov didn’t want to stay that’s different but I get the impression he’s fairly settled here, his wife is from Edinburgh. But if he did I’d have went out to get him back on board, he’ll be more of an asset than O’Hara in the Championship. 

15A3AE80-AFA2-4039-85D8-2D3A369F3F3C.jpeg

Edited by The Toun Clock

For what it's worth, Todorov was telling people at the POTY dinner that he had heard nothing about a new deal. Writing is on the wall IMO but I don't think it's the wrong decision tbf.

Personally feel Bene is an obvious pick for the PFA POTY - Todd has been excellent but Bene's performances and leadership have been the major reason we've become champions.

Find myself a bit torn on big Toddy. Very likeable guy, got his strengths and got his faults. He's perfectly capable for in and around the level we're at just now (bottom end championship, top end league 1). Not sure you'd be looking to give him a 2 year deal which I imagine he could get quite easily at a say Morton, Falkirk, back at Caley etc etc.

I'd still stick.

Twist. We need better than Todorov and O'Hara. Wighton gets his deal based on his 2nd half of the season and even then I'm unsure how he will do next season. We can't afford to pay for players that might be OK. We've enough of them on deals already 

Edited by Heaton

29 minutes ago, Heaton said:

Twist. We need better than Todorov and O'Hara. Wighton gets his deal based on his 2nd half of the season and even then I'm unsure how he will do next season. We can't afford to pay for players that might be OK. We've enough of them on deals already 

Also think that's fair.