Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 minute ago, Stellaboz said:

Shit I meant McCowan and I'm probably getting the lads name completely and utterly wrong. Have we been talking about McGowan the whole time? Been on tequila so it's easy to mix up.

Aye apparently ourselves and Ayr are after McCowan, who did indeed score Dundee’s 5th on Friday. 

12 minutes ago, smpar said:

Aye apparently ourselves and Ayr are after McCowan, who did indeed score Dundee’s 5th on Friday. 

In saying this, we have a full squad of players, pretty much all of whom were signed by a well financed McPake, out of contract in a matter of weeks so I reckon you're gonna be linked with about half of our squad even when there's nothing in it.

41 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Personally, I see him as signing on again for us (but not fussed either way) but the Ayr thread seems to have you and them battling it out for Luke McCowan.

He looked very good on Friday night, would take. 

I'd also take McMullan and Rudden aswell, could be on to have a shite load of ex Dundee players next season. 

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

He looked very good on Friday night, would take. 

I'd also take McMullan and Rudden aswell, could be on to have a shite load of ex Dundee players next season. 

I'd be very shocked if McMullan is in the Championship next year whether he's with us or not.

McCowan is a class act, I’d be gutted if he left. Easily good enough for the Premiership and would probably excel with a St Mirren or Motherwell. Be a few Dee fans that would disagree with me but there’s no doubting his quality. Would be absolutely astonished if he ended up at Dunfermline. 

Pre-season rumours(and yes it is pre-season despite being little over a day since our last game) always come with a bottle of salt and an ocean of pish but with of obvious Dundee signings none of them worry me and a couple would be great additions

Edited by parsforlife

Courier interview with Paul McGowan saying he wants to stay on here when his Dundee deal expires. Wants a pre-season under McPake and says he still has plenty to give. 

Not sure I’m convinced, depends on the market available over the summer I suppose. 

12 minutes ago, Moleman said:

Courier interview with Paul McGowan saying he wants to stay on here when his Dundee deal expires. Wants a pre-season under McPake and says he still has plenty to give. 

Not sure I’m convinced, depends on the market available over the summer I suppose. 

Would have been a definitively no before yesterday, now I’m 50:50, really depends on the level of fitness he can achieve and maintain 

Sad to see the back of MacDonald, he seemed like a really decent guy obviously gave his all but are either attributes enough to justify keeping him when a better option can be found? Probably not, which is one of the many reasons I'm not a football manager.

Just catching up on the McCowan thing. I’d be shocked if he leaves Dundee, he looked outstanding on Friday night and if I was Bowyer I’d build a team around him, the boy Cameron etc. If McCowan does leave Dundee it’ll be for another Premiership club I’d imagine. 

McGowan has done an interview with the courier saying he would like to be with us again next season, I think he’d be worth if for the experience he’d bring, he’s looked a bit more like what I expected the last two weeks. It’s difficult, join a team top of the league half way through the season, not a lot of chance for starts when the boys in front of you are doing so well and you’re not fully fit. 

35 minutes ago, 101 said:

Sad to see the back of MacDonald, he seemed like a really decent guy obviously gave his all but are either attributes enough to justify keeping him when a better option can be found? Probably not, which is one of the many reasons I'm not a football manager.

I think we could say this about the other two that are leaving. I personally wanted Todorov to stay, impact sub and all that but I think McPake will have an idea who’s coming in and I’m sure it’ll be an upgrade. McDonald did well at times, can cross a ball well not often enough. 

Have little interest in seeing us pursuing McGowan on a permanent basis tbh. Don't feel he made much of an impact, will be turning 36 early next season and will likely be towards the higher end of the wage scale.

However, McPake's recruitment has been pretty much spot on and he's earned the right to make decisions without plebs like me whingeing from the sidelines so if he thinks it's the right move then let's do it.

6 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Good morning and belated congratulations on promotion 

what’s the best park for dog walking in Dunfermline?

Unless your dog is a squirrel-hunting maniac like mine then you have the lovely Pittencrieff Park (aka The Glen). Plenty parking and access points around city centre. Main gates at bottom of High St. Big car park at west end of Dunfermline or if you’re in town then you can access it from next to The Abbey. It’s very pretty.

Most managers mump and moan about inheriting someone else’s squad but other than a wee joke about having watched all last season’s videos and wanting to sign a new team he has never once criticised or chucked players under the bus. The players leaving shouldn’t have much trouble finding new teams as they’ve all been decent and have been part of the winning mentality. 

Although it's sad to see any players who've helped win a title leave I think it's great that they're leaving on good terms, with the fans especially. 

Good luck to them all wherever they end up

19 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

He made a few disparaging comments about us as he left such as, 'it's good to be valued at a club' when he signed for St Johnstone.

We clearly want to offload him.

Thatll change in about 3 weeks when you hire Callum Davidson.