Walking Down The Halbeath Road

So with Wotherspoon and Summers looking like completing the forward areas (although we don't really have an out and out striker, O'Halloran could play there and we have Tod and Sutherland who have played there for the youth team), what else would we need to have a completed squad? Utility midfielder? Someone who could play left wing back if Edwards is out? 

33 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

So with Wotherspoon and Summers looking like completing the forward areas (although we don't really have an out and out striker, O'Halloran could play there and we have Tod and Sutherland who have played there for the youth team), what else would we need to have a completed squad? Utility midfielder? Someone who could play left wing back if Edwards is out? 

I would want another striker in just so we can let Sutherland out on loan, feel his development is going to be hampered if we just stick him on the bench this year due to lack of bodies.

Otoo and then Fenton must to be the replacement LB and LWB.

A CM/CDM from a premiership club on loan would be fine and maybe a loan LW attacking option unless we think Wotherspoon can play every game?

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I still think we need another out and out striker. Feels weird saying this after his header at the weekend but someone who’s good in the air within the penalty box, I wish we’d kept Toddy for that reason. McCann has the physicality and Wighton scored a really good goal at the weekend but I’d love to see someone who’s known as a #9 come in. Rudden wouldn’t be a bad call if doable.

One fairly positive thing is MOH seemed to have a good game on Saturday? I was a bit worried he was gonna be injured but if he stays fit he can be an asset.

I think Edwards is covered if he’s out, Otoo can play LWB and Fenton is there too. Perhaps the other side is an issue, Fisher can play RWB but I think he’s better suited to centre back.

If we can get Wotherspoon in now that would be great. Looked unlikely but with family members following the club on social media it sounds like something is going on.

Big two weeks now between the next game and in that time hopefully we’ll get one or two, then if the manager needs to add further I’d expect that to come further on down to the end of the loan window. I think he’ll keep Andy Tod Jnr at the club but might get guys like Sutherland out on loan. 

Finally, with a bit of luck, Kane might be back in training soon. Seems like he’s been jogging so that would be ideal!

Rudden is gash. No thanks. Just ask Dundee fans what they think of him.

P.S. On the topic of names it took me until I was in my late 20s to get 'Paul Bearer'.

Edited by DA Baracus

Saw KRH moving around the wee Asda pretty well the other day. 

Some sort of sorcery at East End these days. You can look at the squad and think “we need about seven players”. Make one or two signings and suddenly we look like a perfect unit. 

14 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Rudden is gash. No thanks. Just ask Dundee fans what they think of him.

He isn’t spoken of so highly at Dundee Or StJ but maybe that was more due to it being the Prem. His record in the division for Dundee wasn’t awful for someone that wasn’t playing all the time, record in the division for Thistle and Falkirk was pretty good, still only 23. He’s not the best but he’s not a bad player. 

27 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Perhaps the other side is an issue, Fisher can play RWB but I think he’s better suited to centre back.

My understanding is that KRH plays RWB no? Certainly how he described his position in post season review.

If I am right, then KRH and Comrie as senior players in that position, plus I think Hoggan can play there on the youth side. I also think Fisher should very much stay in the back 3 but as mentioned there are other players who could fill in, in the event of an emergency. In which case, I’d say I’m happy with the cover we have, just seems light because of KRH’s early injury.

Fully agree another natural no. 9 would be very helpful though.

Was just looking at our unbeaten run in the league.

We all know that we're unbeaten since Montrose last October, but unless I'm mistaken, we've not actually lost a 2nd half in that time either. Must give us some confidence if we go in on level terms at the break.

And, yes, it is pretty wild here on a Monday morning.

Edited by DA-go Par Adonis

1 hour ago, VinnyPar said:

I don't think we will see Wotherspoon as well as Summers, they both play in that 10 role and we still have Matty to come back as well. Priority has to be a striker.

No chance his auld man and brother have followed us on Twitter for the shits and giggles. He plays as a right sided AM but has also played at RB in his career IIRC. 

Edited by Gigi Alabocheré

To me Summers looks more like a central/attacking midfielder whereas I imagine Wotherspoon would play further forward and out wider (should he end up signing). McPake likes to change up the midfield and forward areas game to game so there will be a place for different types of players. 

Thought O'Halloran looked decent in the first half despite not being match fit, played some neat passes and when he ran at defenders his pace was scaring them. He obviously tired early on in the 2nd half but looks a different option from what we already have.