Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, HoBNob said:

Another striker and some backup for Rb/rwb. Otoo can cover on the left but who covers Comrie? Todd could but you lose him from midfield. 

KRH largely played RWB with Comrie at RCB in the second half of last season. That’s where he played v St Pauli too. McPake likes his 3-4-3 and with McCann, O’Halloran, Todd, Summers and potentially Wotherspoon as wider options in that front 3, I think RWB is likely to be where we continue to see KRH play. McPake likes his wing backs to get forward and get the ball into the box and KRH did that very effectively last season. I actually think he’ll play there ahead of Comrie once fully fit.

If we stick with the 3-4-1-2 shape, we have Summers or Todd (again, potentially Wotherspoon) in behind 2 of McCann/O’Halloran/Wighton and potentially a new striker. Again I would say that KRH’s most likely role in that system is RWB.

Fisher is competent at RB if we play a back 4 - think that’s where Dundee tended to use him once they recalled him (when he played).

Wighton maybe been overlooked a bit as he didn’t start the cup games/Airdrie game on fire. McPake expects big things of him this season and if we keep adding Todd/MoH/McCann quality around him we could do fine for goals. He said for people not to expect like for like replacements of Todorov and O’Hara but we surely need a sizeable striker we can chuck on when needed. 

Fletcher might now see what way the wind is blowing and jump on the Pars bandwagon/steamroller like Wotherspoon family. 

I could have sworn Wotherspoon was a left sided attacking midfielder?

On the right we have bags of quality going forward less so at the back unless Hoggan is going to be a genuine option from the bench

Assuming Wotherspoon is done, another striker and I think we are pretty much sorted (not taking injuries in to account) Might be handy to utilise the rest of our loans (think we are allowed 4 more domestic loans?) for cover and influence from the bench if need to change things up. Obviously with Tod, Sutherland etc breaking through, we might not need to get lots of loans, but it is handy when you have so many injuries. 

25 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Wighton maybe been overlooked a bit as he didn’t start the cup games/Airdrie game on fire.

Maybe from a couple clueless folk on dotnet who have a go at his work rate but otherwise I'd say most expect good results from him. He can be frustrating at times but providing he stays fit I still expect him to have a very decent tally this season.

Calls for a striker come from it being publicly acknowledged that we need more goals in the team from what we had last season, and I'd be surprised if O'Halloran and Summers alone are expected to be the complete solution to that problem. 

Even if Wotherspoon is a thing (which I am NOT taking for granted), I would have thought a backup striker would still be on the cards.

O'Halloran and Wotherspoon both play no 10 role, wide left and wide right. There first Scottish cup win O'Halloran was wide right and Wotherspoon wide left. Be surprised if McPake signs both

9 minutes ago, JPB16 said:

O'Halloran and Wotherspoon both play no 10 role, wide left and wide right. There first Scottish cup win O'Halloran was wide right and Wotherspoon wide left. Be surprised if McPake signs both

Given we quite often start with 2 10s then signing both isn’t exactly a problem.

11 minutes ago, JPB16 said:

So, a provincial side won the Scottish Cup using a system where they both played together.

If McPake tries to sign both, it doesn't strike me as a mad thing to do.

43 minutes ago, JPB16 said:

Wotherspoon has moved more central, since then.

They're completely opposites in terms of how they play too.

12 hours ago, JPB16 said:

This is a wild take since MOH has been signed since early July and we’ve been in pursuit of Wotherspoon ever since 🤣

44 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

This is a wild take since MOH has been signed since early July and we’ve been in pursuit of Wotherspoon ever since 🤣

It probably my wording never good at English. Yes they can play together and complement each other. They did it for years at Perth, I was thinking of the more of the financial side Wotherspoon looking for a Premiership team and I assumed Premiership wages. That's why I would be surprised if McPake signed both. If we can afford him he will be a great addition but don't disappear for internationals in Canada .

57 minutes ago, JPB16 said:

I was thinking of the more of the financial side Wotherspoon looking for a Premiership team and I assumed Premiership wages.

McPake said that we have made him a fair offer. I would imagine that fair offer is something our club can afford. 

If Wotherspoon wants a top tier side with top tier wages then clearly nothing has been forthcoming. If we are the best offer going, it doesn't matter what he wants. It's the best he will get and that is a championship side probably offering decent championship wages.

Edited by Chubbychops

Just now, Cardle is Magic said:

Still ages away ofc but tickets for the Morton game are now available on the club website.

Around 30 tickets available in the NW.

The NW looked a bit sparse for the Airdrie game - have folk bought season tickets but didn't go for whatever reason? (The Norrie looked awfy bare too FWIW, but that wasn't being advertised as being sold out).