Walking Down The Halbeath Road

On 13/08/2023 at 10:45, Hank Scorpio said:

Hi guys. In August last year Ross McLean - a very good friend’s brother - committed suicide in Glenrothes. Ross was reported missing on August 14 and we searched for him for 5 days, before finding him at rest in a quiet wooded area near his home. Ross’ family are understandably devastated by their loss and that they were unable to help Ross, but are determined that for others in a similar position, there is help available. 

Ross was and his family are East Fife supporters, so we will be taking part in a charity 11s game to celebrate Ross’ life at Bayview a week today, with all funds raised for the fantastic charity - Back Onside. A just giving page has already raised nearly £5,000, and we have managed to secure signed strips for a number of clubs, Dunfermline being one. The strip is available below, and all money raised will go to Back Onside to help those who need it. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/364414736417?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=az5yphsksue&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=ec0uwzxiswu&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

There is also a donations page, if you’d like to donate anything:

https://www.justgiving.com/page/matchforross

The auction ends on Sunday morning. The Pars strip is currently sat at £195. 

38 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I can't remember us ever getting a decent loan from Hearts. 

Defo been stung a few times like. Martin, Mole, Cochrane, Mcdonald are a few that spring to mind.

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Genuinely made the assumption that if his brother was a striker then he must be too! The Gavin Reilly loan from Hearts flashbacks and cold sweats are still strong.

On the plus side, Gavin Reilly was probably better than Jamie Mole.

Probably. He was pish though. @Hawk

18 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I love Wighton, such a silky player on his day.

Does a brilliant job up on his own. Some of his flicks and lay-offs are sublime. Very talented footballer.

He can look lethargic with his body language and takes a bit of stick for it but actually does a power of work in that role if you look closely at him during a game.

Edited by Chubbychops

3 hours ago, HoBNob said:

On the plus side, Gavin Reilly was probably better than Jamie Mole.

Probably. He was pish though. @Hawk

Fucking hell, that’s a tough contest tbf.

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

Gavin Reilly was useless. AJ sussed that out pronto by getting Clark in the door. Did Reilly ever score during his loan spell?

Think he scored an equaliser at Easter Road and that was it in the league. Maybe scored in the cup and I’ve forgotten about it.

40 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Fucking hell, that’s a tough contest tbf.

Think he scored an equaliser at Easter Road and that was it in the league. Maybe scored in the cup and I’ve forgotten about it.

Aye he also scored in the Challenge Cup at Brechin. Some return....

3 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

That Robbie Ure still not signed for anyone? Training at Queens Park. Would be a very McPakey signing.

I think Rangers would be due a fairly big development fee which has probably put a few teams off. I know he was training with QP but I'm not sure even they could afford the fee and his wages?

26 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I think Rangers would be due a fairly big development fee which has probably put a few teams off. I know he was training with QP but I'm not sure even they could afford the fee and his wages?

They can't, but Willie Huaghey can. 

4 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

They could waiver it surely, if the lad can't find a club due to that? 

Thought he was linked with Alkmaar 

I've no idea how we worked it out, but Ethan Ross was out of contract but they agreed to waive either part or all of the development fee for a hefty sell on fee should he have ever been sold on. The chances of that coming to fruition have been slim due to injuries, but he's looked like returning to his initial form pre injury in the last few weeks.

QP might well go down the same route with Rangers.