Walking Down The Halbeath Road

56 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

"It isn't top priority"

I can't think of anything lower, Fife cup maybe?

I've been supporting the Pars since 1984 and can proudly admit I've never been to a single challenge cup game. 

So after you were knocked out of the league cup, the league cup wasn’t important or a priority, then you were knocked out of the challenge cup and that wasn’t important or a priority either, you might as well come out and say the same about the league as you are out of that already too. Im also expecting posts about February time saying the championship isn’t important either or a priority but the seaside league is the place to be. 

29 minutes ago, spot on said:

So after you were knocked out of the league cup, the league cup wasn’t important or a priority, then you were knocked out of the challenge cup and that wasn’t important or a priority either, you might as well come out and say the same about the league as you are out of that already too. Im also expecting posts about February time saying the championship isn’t important either or a priority but the seaside league is the place to be. 

I don't think you understand the concept of prioritisation. 

33 minutes ago, spot on said:

Help ma boab, min. Calm doon FFS. 

I’m sure I speak for almost every fan when I say that staying in the league they are in is the highest priority for them. 
Only fans of the bigot brothers have the arrogance to feel they should always win their league. 
Pars fans, like all fans want to see their club playing at the highest level possible. 

Hopefully we can avoid the playoffs at the bottom end of the table this season, and see what next season brings. 
I understand why many of our fans would like us out the cups with the injury list we have so far. 

Edited by Wacky

9 minutes ago, par-adise said:

I don't think you understand the concept of prioritisation. 

No I agree that the league is the no 1 priority completely but the point is the other co petitions  are only played down by the fans after they have been knocked our as if they never ever mattered, but the only really don't matter because yous are out. Every fan would love to see their team in any cup final and I’m sure if yous got there you would sell out every ticket and have a fantastic day and that goes for every team. But to come out with all these belittling comments about the cups after being knocked out is just sour grapes.

31 minutes ago, spot on said:

No I agree that the league is the no 1 priority completely but the point is the other co petitions  are only played down by the fans after they have been knocked our as if they never ever mattered, but the only really don't matter because yous are out. Every fan would love to see their team in any cup final and I’m sure if yous got there you would sell out every ticket and have a fantastic day and that goes for every team. But to come out with all these belittling comments about the cups after being knocked out is just sour grapes.

It's not about "the cups".

It's this cup. I don't care. Before it. After it. During it. In it. Out of it. 

I just don't care.

1 hour ago, spot on said:

League

Scottish Cup

League Cup

Challenge Cup

The Challenge Cup is decent if you get to the final but it’s perfectly acceptable to give a big old shoulder shrug when/if your team exits in the early rounds.

Even then, our win against QOTS a couple of years ago wouldn’t even rank in the top 10 of my favourite Rovers games in the last 20 years (the win over Rangers would tbf) and winning it isn’t going to automatically turn a poor season into a good one but the final is still an enjoyable day out and it’s great for younger fans to celebrate their team winning an actual trophy.

1 hour ago, spot on said:

You’ve conveniently ignored 90% of the posts on this thread last week, before the game had been played. Many people, including me, wanted as many kids played as possible, resting as many first team players as possible. Doesn’t fit the narrative you’ve just made up here.

Genuinely haven’t seen anyone on here that thought it was remotely important last week and has changed their tune after the game. You’re just making things up and criticising people for something that none of them have actually done. Really strange behaviour.

For what it’s worth, I didn’t go when we made the final of this competition last time and probably wouldn’t go if we got there again. I genuinely do not care about it. You can go back to last week, before we kicked a ball in this tournament this season. You can go back and find posts in previous years if you care enough. I’ve never considered this competition to be remotely important and want us to play kids/reserves in our games. That’s not sour grapes, that’s genuinely how I’ve always felt about this tournament.

26 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

You’ve conveniently ignored 90% of the posts on this thread last week, before the game had been played. Many people, including me, wanted as many kids played as possible, resting as many first team players as possible. Doesn’t fit the narrative you’ve just made up here.

Genuinely haven’t seen anyone on here that thought it was remotely important last week and has changed their tune after the game. You’re just making things up and criticising people for something that none of them have actually done. Really strange behaviour.

For what it’s worth, I didn’t go when we made the final of this competition last time and probably wouldn’t go if we got there again. I genuinely do not care about it. You can go back to last week, before we kicked a ball in this tournament this season. You can go back and find posts in previous years if you care enough. I’ve never considered this competition to be remotely important and want us to play kids/reserves in our games. That’s not sour grapes, that’s genuinely how I’ve always felt about this tournament.

You'll need to draw diagrams mate. He's utterly widden

36 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

The Challenge Cup is decent if you get to the final but it’s perfectly acceptable to give a big old shoulder shrug when/if your team exits in the early rounds.

Even then, our win against QOTS a couple of years ago wouldn’t even rank in the top 10 of my favourite Rovers games in the last 20 years (the win over Rangers would tbf) and winning it isn’t going to automatically turn a poor season into a good one but the final is still an enjoyable day out and it’s great for younger fans to celebrate their team winning an actual trophy.

When you pumped Sevco that was magic tbf. But that's the exception to the rule. 

We also forfeited a tie in this cup 2 years ago against Elgin, shows how low down the club holds it in its priorities.

Even the away trip to Boreham Wood, as much as it was a class trip for the fans, the club were unhappy at making a loss. Understandably so.

I'd enjoy it if we won it and it would be a class day but probably wouldn't give it a 2nd thought till we reached the final. Maybe this is how Old Firm fans feel about domestic cups in general 😂

2 hours ago, spot on said:

On 17/08/2023 at 13:36, par-adise said:

Pass. Play the young lads, hopefully get punted out, and move on. 

🤔

I think a few pages back someone similar, but it's a tournament where it's a fun day of you get to the final, but prior to that nobody really cares. Even last two seasons the overwhelming reaction after both winning it and then losing it was we'd prefer to have made the playoffs. After the loss to Accies it was very much a collective shrug with nobody too upset.

We won it in one of the few seasons where it was relevant, in the best possible circumstances. That will never be topped.