Walking Down The Halbeath Road

41 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I've seen this a few times and it's totally inaccurate. The first half at Firhill was fairly even, and many would argue we had the better chances and were perhaps unlucky to go into the break 1-0 down. You can't say the same about yesterday. In the second half we started quite well v Partick but the keeper sold the jerseys for their second and we only had Moffat on the bench to change things around and our heads dropped totally when the third went in and the game petered out. 

As I say I wasn't there so just going by what I've read and heard. Although based on the highlights it looked closer than the score suggested so think that's probably fair. 

2 hours ago, Enigma said:

I find it hard to believe that for a club like Dunfermline the expectation from within the club isn’t play offs as a minimum.

That's the kind of hubris we had with Hughes and Grant and look where that got us. This is a long term project, we're exactly where I thought we'd be at this stage. We haven't lost a game by more than one goal other than Partick and we battered Morton a few weeks ago. Yesterday was shite but struggling is a bit strong. 

Edited by par-adise

2 hours ago, par-adise said:

As I say I wasn't there so just going by what I've read and heard. Although based on the highlights it looked closer than the score suggested so think that's probably fair. 

Aye, not having a go at you but I've heard that a few times even from folk who were there or watched a stream which is weird 

5 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

There’s a guy at the back of the Norrie who has the most consistent terrible shouts I’ve heard at a Pars game in some time.

Best one yesterday was when Wighton played a good through ball to McCann in the second half and this brain donor started complaining that Wighton wasn’t already in the middle for the cross.

Problem with Wighton is doing that really need Moffat or Summers to be in the box we were too slow getting forward yesterday amongst other problems.

5 hours ago, Enigma said:

Perhaps not “struggling” as such, but against the historic precedent and looking at your squad it could be argued you are underperforming.

Worth noting that usually the team coming up from League One traditionally starts very strongly and then drops off a bit as teams figure them out, or they just lose some momentum. That doesn’t seem the case for you this season.

I'd be interested in how you'd argue that our squad is under performing when it's been stretched right to the limit to the extent we've had one senior outfield sub. 

Worth noting that when we were last promoted as champions from League one we started incredibly slowly under AJ, however figured out the division as we went and finished fifth. Before finishing in the playoffs the following the season. 

I just don't agree with how grim you're making things out to be really. 

Edited by HoBNob

On the many were also the ones who got relegated I’m really not sure how well that holds up.

Those who got relegated Todd, chalmers, edwards, comrie Allan, Breen, mehmet, mcannn and wighton.

Of those,  comrie wighton and edwards were all regulars in the team that finished 4th the year before and McCann, Allan and Todd were all guys coming from the youth step up who arguably were put in too quickly for the circumstances at the time but Todd and McCann especially have really kicked on in the last few years.  That leaves Breen, mehmet and chalmers,  Breen is relatively young himself and chalmers and mehmet have shown massive improvements.

13 hours ago, parsforlife said:

On the many were also the ones who got relegated I’m really not sure how well that holds up.

Those who got relegated Todd, chalmers, edwards, comrie Allan, Breen, mehmet, mcannn and wighton.

Of those,  comrie wighton and edwards were all regulars in the team that finished 4th the year before and McCann, Allan and Todd were all guys coming from the youth step up who arguably were put in too quickly for the circumstances at the time but Todd and McCann especially have really kicked on in the last few years.  That leaves Breen, mehmet and chalmers,  Breen is relatively young himself and chalmers and mehmet have shown massive improvements.

Deniz also wasn't seen past September after Grant broke him somehow. 

21 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Breen is relatively young himself and chalmers and mehmet have shown massive improvements.

I'm still not convinced Chalmers has shown massive improvement at this level, and Mehmet had a few moments on Saturday where it looked again like his confidence was shot. Luckily his shot stopping was still good, but at crosses and with his feet it was pretty ropey.

He's not an academy player, it's the Kenyan lad who's been training with the club for weeks now. No idea if he's signing or not.

Faiz Ouma I think is his name, 19 or 20 year old centre half. 

Edit - first name Faiz, sign him now.

Edited by VinnyPar

I’m heading to the Carnegie hall tonight to see/hear big Leishmans patter? 
leish, the bunnit, and someone else who I can’t remember right now are doing some sort of comedy show. 
I’m looking forward to it, coz I’ve spent time in both Leish and Dicks company a few times, weddings, parties etc, and know they can both hold an audience. I hope they are on form tonight. 
Anyone else going?