Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I was just sitting here watching the West Ham v Everton game, when Everton took the lead. The camera turned to the crowd and I noticed that the entire away crowd were singing. 

After standing, and then being forced to sit in the NW for many years, I now sit in the main stand at EEP. I’ve noticed over the years that almost all the crowd energy comes out the NW, with sporadic song from the Norrie, and the square route of f**k all from the main. 

I’ve often wondered why that is? 

A few times during my early years in the main stand I automatically started singing along with the NW, and discovered that it was only my two neeburs and me that sang. Feeling like total plonkers we stopped the habit pretty quickly. Is it an age thing? 

I noticed plenty men and women (other genders are available) of a more mature age were giving it large in the w-ham game with abandon, and wished our entire crowd would do that too. 

I’ve always wondered why the entire Pars, support home and away, never all sing together. Anyone have any insight?

We would make a significant noise with the numbers we take to away games, it’s a pity we don’t all belt out together. The players always say that the better the crowd noise, the better they play, so it wouldn’t be a bad thing either. 

Thoughts? 

1 minute ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I was convinced Paton was coming to us after he and McPake seemed to have quite a lengthy discussion after the final Pars v Queens Park game at EEP. Not sure if anything official happened after that or if McPake was vetoed or what.

Same here, and I was pleased with the prospect. Maybe it all came down to wages? 

13 minutes ago, Wacky said:

I was just sitting here watching the West Ham v Everton game, when Everton took the lead. The camera turned to the crowd and I noticed that the entire away crowd were singing. 

After standing, and then being forced to sit in the NW for many years, I now sit in the main stand at EEP. I’ve noticed over the years that almost all the crowd energy comes out the NW, with sporadic song from the Norrie, and the square route of f**k all from the main. 

I’ve often wondered why that is? 

A few times during my early years in the main stand I automatically started singing along with the NW, and discovered that it was only my two neeburs and me that sang. Feeling like total plonkers we stopped the habit pretty quickly. Is it an age thing? 

I noticed plenty men and women (other genders are available) of a more mature age were giving it large in the w-ham game with abandon, and wished our entire crowd would do that too. 

I’ve always wondered why the entire Pars, support home and away, never all sing together. Anyone have any insight?

We would make a significant noise with the numbers we take to away games, it’s a pity we don’t all belt out together. The players always say that the better the crowd noise, the better they play, so it wouldn’t be a bad thing either. 

Thoughts? 

1. Not selling out crowds, with big gaps it’s hard for atmosphere to transfer around the ground.

2. Even grounds famous for atmosphere tend to have a spot where that’s the case , kop, yellow wall etc.  simply football attracts different characters and human nature results in people congregating with similar minded folk,  family’s, prawn sandwich brigade, ultras etc.  

3.  Away crowds nearly always pound for pound out sing home crowds, firstly I think as it forces the different type of fans together, away fans have tended to have spent longer in the pub and in the likes of England tend to be oversubscribed so those that get tickets are more towards the ultra end than just wanting a quiet day out.

Edit- on Paton as much as I can get frustrated about our recruitment I’m still not bothered he’s not here, I just do see what others are getting excited about with him

Edited by parsforlife

40 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I was convinced Paton was coming to us after he and McPake seemed to have quite a lengthy discussion after the final Pars v Queens Park game at EEP. Not sure if anything official happened after that or if McPake was vetoed or what.

Paton also commented how great it was to play at East End Park which added fuel to that signing rumour. 

Edited by The Toun Clock

4 hours ago, It is our time to shine said:

Did DAFC make an actual bid for Paton. There was " talk" but was no official bid. The money isn't daft either it's competitive to DAFC Partick Raith players 

Only the manager and a few other will know if we went after Paton.

Have a look back at Queen's Parks published wage bill it is very daft indeed for a club that then went and built a shoe box for a stadium.

Hoping the club make the prices reasonable, to try and encourage a big crowd. £15 would be about right. 

We’re now playing Rovers at least 6 times this season, which isn’t a particularly appealing prospect. It’s pretty boring when we end up playing teams so often - same thing happened with Partick 2 years ago (except both cup games were away). I’m sure that the Scottish cup draw was just after we’d played them at Firhill on that occasion too.

I’d imagine there’s a fairly good chance this game is moved for tv as well. Haven’t looked at the draw, but I’d be surprised if there was a better fixture for tv in this round.

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

Hoping the club make the prices reasonable, to try and encourage a big crowd. £15 would be about right. 

We’re now playing Rovers at least 6 times this season, which isn’t a particularly appealing prospect. It’s pretty boring when we end up playing teams so often - same thing happened with Partick 2 years ago (except both cup games were away). I’m sure that the Scottish cup draw was just after we’d played them at Firhill on that occasion too.

I’d imagine there’s a fairly good chance this game is moved for tv as well. Haven’t looked at the draw, but I’d be surprised if there was a better fixture for tv in this round.

The Glasgow luvvies tie will likely get the nod if for no other reason than fewer costs to get it put on the tele. Small distances and less travelling time for pundits, presenter and technical team compared to coming through to Fife

Looking at the fixtures I think there's a strong chance we'll be picked for TV, although wouldn't be shocked to see them go with the weegie media darlings.

I hope it's not on the telly as it's either Friday night, early Saturday, Sunday or a Monday night. Although given that the big boys aren't in yet there might not be a requirement to fill all those slots.

Friday could be good but early Saturday kills it. Never really been a fan of a Sunday game and Monday can get to F.

Saturday 3pm, nae telly, send it.

25 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Looking at the fixtures I think there's a strong chance we'll be picked for TV, although wouldn't be shocked to see them go with the weegie media darlings.

I hope it's not on the telly as it's either Friday night, early Saturday, Sunday or a Monday night. Although given that the big boys aren't in yet there might not be a requirement to fill all those slots.

Friday could be good but early Saturday kills it. Never really been a fan of a Sunday game and Monday can get to F.

Saturday 3pm, nae telly, send it.

The other games so far (and the BBC picks for rounds 1-3 last season IIRC) have been on Monday nights. It's BBC Scotland they are shown on I think so they won't do Saturday or Sunday early as the channel doesn't start til 7pm. If it is picked for the Monday, our game v Arbroath will need to be re-rearranged. I guess that could persuade the Beeb to go for Friday night mind you.

57 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

The other games so far (and the BBC picks for rounds 1-3 last season IIRC) have been on Monday nights. It's BBC Scotland they are shown on I think so they won't do Saturday or Sunday early as the channel doesn't start til 7pm. If it is picked for the Monday, our game v Arbroath will need to be re-rearranged. I guess that could persuade the Beeb to go for Friday night mind you.

Good point mate! Hoping it's not on the telly but if it has to be go Friday night.