Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Does anyone have an up-to-date squad list with when contracts expire?

Goalkeepers:

Mehmet - expires 31/05/2026

Little - expires 31/05/2024

Sharp (loan) - expires 31/05/2024

Defenders:

Benedictus - expires 31/05/2026

Fisher - expires 31/05/2026

Breen - expires 31/05/2025

Otoo - expires 31/05/2026

Edwards - expires 31/05/2024

Fenton - expires 31/05/2024

Comrie - expires 31/05/2025

Midfielders:

Hamilton - expires 31/05/2025

Allan - expires 31/05/2024

Matty Todd - expires 31/05/2026

Andy Tod - expires 31/05/2024

Chalmers - expires 31/05/2025

KRH - expires 31/05/2026

Ben Summers (loan) - expires 31/05/2024

Owen Moffat (loan) - expires 31/05/2024

Michael O'Halloran - expires 31/05/2025

Forwards:

Jakubiak - expires 31/05/2024

Wighton - expires 31/05/2025

McCann - expires 31/05/2026 (announcement says with option so may be 2025)

1 minute ago, VinnyPar said:

Goalkeepers:

Mehmet - expires 31/05/2026

Little - expires 31/05/2024

Sharp (loan) - expires 31/05/2024

Defenders:

Benedictus - expires 31/05/2026

Fisher - expires 31/05/2026

Breen - expires 31/05/2025

Otoo - expires 31/05/2026

Edwards - expires 31/05/2024

Fenton - expires 31/05/2024

Comrie - expires 31/05/2025

Midfielders:

Hamilton - expires 31/05/2025

Allan - expires 31/05/2024

Matty Todd - expires 31/05/2026

Andy Tod - expires 31/05/2024

Chalmers - expires 31/05/2025

KRH - expires 31/05/2026

Ben Summers (loan) - expires 31/05/2024

Owen Moffat (loan) - expires 31/05/2024

Michael O'Halloran - expires 31/05/2025

Forwards:

Jakubiak - expires 31/05/2024

Wighton - expires 31/05/2025

McCann - expires 31/05/2026 (announcement says with option so may be 2025)

Based on that, Edwards must be top priority right now to re-sign. Tod will sign a new deal at some point too.

Would be surprised if Little & Fenton were offered new deals. Paul Allan will likely get a new deal if he can stay fit and keep playing well. We’ll need to see more from Jakubiak if he’s going to earn a new deal.

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

When it comes to renewal time there needs to be a degree of ruthlessness.

Bit disappointing that O’Halloran and Breen are contracted to 2025. I feel like they’d be on my list of guys to release, if they were out of contract next summer. Agree though, if we want to progress we can’t give out lots of contracts to fringe players.

Paul Allan’s been alright in midfield lately. But he’s the only midfielder out of contract. Therefore, if we want to improve our midfield options for next season, it seems like he’ll have to go.

I guess part of our ethos is developing youngsters, so we may be hoping to sell some of these guys next summer. But I think, in general, there is likely to be a lot less player turnover each year, as opposed to what we’ve gotten used to over the last 9/10 years. I think the club will want the majority of transfer windows to be as ‘boring’ as the one we’ve just had.

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

Based on that, Edwards must be top priority right now to re-sign. Tod will sign a new deal at some point too.

Would be surprised if Little & Fenton were offered new deals. Paul Allan will likely get a new deal if he can stay fit and keep playing well. We’ll need to see more from Jakubiak if he’s going to earn a new deal.

I really can't see us being able to hold on to Edwards tbh, think it's quite conceivable he lands up at a bottom half premiership team.

It's hardly a massively unreasonable shout though.

If Raith were to go up and offered a contract, why would Edwards not consider it? He could get more money in the Premiership and could get more exposure, so potentially could then sign for a bigger club.

25 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

It's hardly a massively unreasonable shout though.

If Raith were to go up and offered a contract, why would Edwards not consider it? He could get more money in the Premiership and could get more exposure, so potentially could then sign for a bigger club.

On paper he'd be an excellent signing for any bottom 6 team.

But I think you know he's fishing. 

For anyone who might be interested, half season tickets will go on sale within the next week or so apparently. Finally got an email from the new ticketing & retail manager after chasing.

I think Josh Edwards could make the move up and still only 23. He gets better every year, could certainly see him playing Scottish Prem or lower league down south. McCann was the one for me that I thought wouldn't sign a new deal. Not that I think he's the hottest prospect we have, I just thought he might be offski. 

1 hour ago, The Toun Clock said:

McCann was the one for me that I thought wouldn't sign a new deal. Not that I think he's the hottest prospect we have, I just thought he might be offski. 

What's happened with his brother? Think he was expected to kick on when he moved down south but I see while he played about 30 games per season for Preston in the last 2 campaigns he's only on 9 this term and while I'm not ah avid Championship Watcher, I don't hear his name mentioned much? 

On Edwards, I think he's a decent left back of the modern type who likes to get forward. He's set up a few and scored a few and if he can improve this side of his game further he's got every chance. He'd be worth a punt for a smaller Scottish Premiership or English League One club who can then sell him on if he kicks on and keep him if he doesn't.

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

What's happened with his brother? Think he was expected to kick on when he moved down south but I see while he played about 30 games per season for Preston in the last 2 campaigns he's only on 9 this term and while I'm not ah avid Championship Watcher, I don't hear his name mentioned much? 

On Edwards, I think he's a decent left back of the modern type who likes to get forward. He's set up a few and scored a few and if he can improve this side of his game further he's got every chance. He'd be worth a punt for a smaller Scottish Premiership or English League One club who can then sell him on if he kicks on and keep him if he doesn't.

Ali, he's injured right now. He was playing week in, week out in the Preston midfield when he was fit and arguably they've struggled slightly since he's been out the team. He also captained Northern Ireland earlier in the year so he's certainly having a decent career. The issue he has is that he's very unflashy in his play. If he scored goals, or was a creative force he'd get so much more hype, but he's just very very good at what he does. 

10 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Think Josh is good for where we are just now. But he will be replaceable . I'm not convinced he could play Premiership football.

Aye? There's few players in our squad who I'm absolutely certain they could step up, and Edwards is one of them. From what I've seen in the division this year is there a better left back? That's maybe an indictment on the rest of the division, but I don't see anyone better. 

8 hours ago, Heaton said:

I don't get it. He's not that good 🤣

Says more about your judgement of players tbh.

You’ve got a 23-year-old player with almost 200 first team appearances who is rarely - if ever - injured.

He’s a solid defender, he’s quick, he’s got a great engine. His crossing can be erratic at times but I think he’s certainly a player who would improve a lot in a better team.

No one is saying he’d be getting snapped up by Man City but could definitely see a bottom half Premiership side looking to bring him in, especially since he’s out of contract.