Walking Down The Halbeath Road

2 hours ago, CallumPar said:

I hope there’s no top flight clubs needing a LB next month, cause Josh Edwards would probably be top of most scout reports. Easy to forget he’s only 23, because he’s been such an important player for so long. Apparently that was his 160th game for us today.

He's playing very well just now and I honestly don’t think there’s a LB in the league that I’d take ahead of him. We have a problem if we lose him at some point. He’s so bloody fit, we’ve never had to worry about having any cover for him.

2 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Could swear it was only a few weeks ago that people ITT were trying to say that Edwards wasn’t very good…

It was, I said then and I've got nothing to change my mind that he's the best LB/Lwb in the league, he easily becomes a success in the Premier tbh. 

I don't think he goes in January, but I reckon he gets sold in the summer if we don't go up. 

I’m going to start a whip-roond to see if we can find enough cash to buy Jakub a goal. 

6 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Plenty L2 clubs down south could easily pay six figures tbf.

If someone wants him enough then he’ll be offski.

I hope I’m wrong, but I think bigger clubs will want him, and will keep an eye on him waiting until they can get him for nowt. 

If someone does pay daft money for Edwards then we would hopefully go at get Lewis Strapp at the end of this short term deal in January.

Presuming him going back is to try and come to an agreement on the development fee Morton hold over him which obviously stopped him getting anything before now.

4 hours ago, 101 said:

If someone does pay daft money for Edwards then we would hopefully go at get Lewis Strapp at the end of this short term deal in January.

Presuming him going back is to try and come to an agreement on the development fee Morton hold over him which obviously stopped him getting anything before now.

We're not due a development fee now, he was already 23 when he left. He was still injured from January, and having been out so long I wouldn't be entirely surprised if eg Kilmarnock or another club he's trained with are still interested but were happy to see him sign with us again in order to get competitive games to get fit, since anyone signing him now and wanting him to get games wouldn't be able to loan him out.

Despite not performing fantastically, we have managed to land ourselves in a good position in the league. If you'd offered me four points clear of fifth with a game in hand I'd have bitten your hand off. 

It'll be interesting to see where we are the other side of the Raith game, if we can maintain that gap we can really start looking up IMO. 

So a virus at the club and training cancelled today to prevent spreading it according to the Courier. On a plus they're saying Breen, Bene and Fisher have been in full training and are available for Sat. Might be a bit early for them to be starting but it depends how many survive this virus doing the rounds. 

Screenshot_20231214_220914_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Heaton