Walking Down The Halbeath Road

9 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

That very much sounds like you’re implying the board/manager might not want to add to the team this window. I’m honestly not sure what else you were trying to say here?

When I say they'll want to try and maximise their close-season budget that doesn't mean they'll sign noone. It might mean they'll sign 1 player instead of the 3 or more people seem to expect. It might mean they'll be quite limited in the money they'll want to spend even if they are in the market (which I'm sure they are), which limits what players we can attract.

Just for those hard of reading, I started my post with "I think there's an outside chance we sign noone" - an outside chance. I think they'll be looking but if people are expecting a big refresh of this squad, I think they are going to be disappointed.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Another fucking game moved for TV, and it's another decent away trip too. Game against Partick next month is now a Friday night BBC game. Shite.

Perhaps expecting plenty goals from Partick.

6 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

If anyone fancies more bad news

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/4861917/dunfermline-fc-five-serious-injury-blows-scans/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Bene - Another 8 weeks at least

Comrie - 4/6 weeks. 

Jak - Month 

Breen - Month

Todd - Month (And this is good news!) 

Ffs. Definitely need a couple of bodies in.  I see where auld reekie is coming from. Cook said at the last open meeting that we have to be a sustainable club.The Germans  won't be throwing money at it.However we do need a central defender at least. Hopefully we can find a way to bring one or two in. Even loans.

Experience would be preferable to youngsters at the moment.

Coyp 

Fucking depressing. You just wonder where the points are going to come from. 

Surely signing mediocre-ish players as cover as an emergency is better than heading in to crunch matches without players to cover positions!? 

10 minutes ago, timbermill tactician said:

Ffs. Definitely need a couple of bodies in.  I see where auld reekie is coming from. Cook said at the last open meeting that we have to be a sustainable club.The Germans  won't be throwing money at it.However we do need a central defender at least. Hopefully we can find a way to bring one or two in. Even loans.

Experience would be preferable to youngsters at the moment.

Coyp 

Is it just a case with you that any spare cash goes in to the academy/training set up and as long as you don’t look like going down they’re happy for the first team to tread water in this division?

4 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Surely signing mediocre-ish players as cover as an emergency is better than heading in to crunch matches without players to cover positions!? 

This is the problem. It's not only the injuries in isolation. It's the moving fit players from their normal position to fit them in another position. We need a bigger pool of players and have done since the start of the season. We're running with too small a squad.

5 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Is it just a case with you that any spare cash goes in to the academy/training set up and as long as you don’t look like going down they’re happy for the first team to tread water in this division?

I don't think that's the case. However we shed a shitload of cash last year . Not quite Dundee utd esque proportions but a  fair bit. We had 2 managers to pay off as well. So we don't have the cash to splash

Never mind the board I'll be quite happy to tread water in this division this year.

13 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I'd imagine all these scans and operations have started to add up aswell. Nightmare situation. 

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Another fucking game moved for TV, and it's another decent away trip too. Game against Partick next month is now a Friday night BBC game. Shite.

Each to their own I guess but Thistle isn’t an exciting away day in the slightest.

Been there so many times over last few seasons, the stand is shite and we’ll likely lose.

Best to just skip the game and have a night out in Glasgow instead.

1 hour ago, McMad said:

Anyone that thinks that 6 point gap is enough is deluded. 

Not only does nobody think that, nobody has said that or anything like it.

The injury situation is genuinely a disaster and has been for most of the campaign. Without additional recruits, all that’s going to happen is the few players who are left will be overworked and end up getting muscle injuries of their own.

I don’t even think we need to be overly picky at the moment; anyone affordable and better than our youth players needs to at least be considered. We need warm bodies.