Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Unsure how McPake wasn't backed. They tried to get Brophy and that NZ defender recently.

But we didn’t get them, which suggests an unwillingness to pay what is needed to get them.  

Over 2 years we have attracted 4 senior players to the club, all had played for/with McKay or mcpake previously and one was heavily rumored to be mcpake pal. (not a particular problem to be signing them, but it does show we are maybe unable to attract players when that relationship isn’t already established)

That’s an issue for me, doesn’t matter who we failed to attract, more why we haven’t made our club look attractive enough.   We have a sell for young players that they’ll get game time and we will be looking to develop them and move them upwards,  what’s our selling point to established players? 

8 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Aye a reasoned response. Substantiate your reply or don't bother next time.

I'll bother when I want. You post that the Board have to go on .Net and bring it over here. Aye braw.

We got slapped and you want the Board to go. You really thought that through didn't you.  

13 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

But we didn’t get them, which suggests an unwillingness to pay what is needed to get them.  

Over 2 years we have attracted 4 senior players to the club, all had played for/with McKay or mcpake previously and one was heavily rumored to be mcpake pal. (not a particular problem to be signing them, but it does show we are maybe unable to attract players when that relationship isn’t already established)

That’s an issue for me, doesn’t matter who we failed to attract, more why we haven’t made our club look attractive enough.   We have a sell for young players that they’ll get game time and we will be looking to develop them and move them upwards,  what’s our selling point to established players? 

Does it suggest that? We don't know what was offered.

13 minutes ago, Well over Par said:

Heard Wotherspoon wanted £900 a week. We were only offering £800. 

we missed out on an international player for £100 a week 

even if we were chasing Somme if these players I’d imagine they burst out laughing when we made an offer ? 

That all definitely happened.

“Sam will be out for six to eight weeks with a calf injury incurred in training on Wednesday.”

Another muscle injury putting a player out for a couple months. This is not just a coincidence now. There is incompetence riddled right through the club. Something far wrong with conditioning of our players as well all the other crap thats being churned out.

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

If Walcott never plays for us again it'll be too soon. Or Chalmers, Wighton, McCann or Summers

Walcott played two games, one good, one bad and this is the reaction!? Have a word with yourself. Summers has had longer to prove himself but does appear to have genuine talent, even if he still has some way to go to realise it. 

There's plenty of room for criticism but lashing out at the youngest squad members isn't it.

The issues are evident across the entire team. Buck stops with the management team. 

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Does it suggest that? We don't know what was offered.

Ok, so pay isn’t the only factor, it’s probably the biggest but if we expand that to the overall package the question still remains,  why are we consistently failing to attract experienced players to the club?

Summers tries to do shit you can get away with in Celtic's B team too much. Too many forced attempts at trickery and the other midfielders not doing the basics. It's a recipe for disaster, but we are completely fucked now, as we are stuck with what we have for Midfield options. If we didn't have so many centre halves injured, I'd be seriously considering playing Otto and Hamilton in midfield, because Chalmers is a man down at any half-decent level. We are honestly so fucked. Got to hope ICT and Arbroath are worse than us, because Queens Park are heading upwards and won't come back down. SHITE! 

11 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

You'd like to think those who had concerns would either say "we had a meeting and the board allayed any fears we had", "we heard a few things we are still concerned about but will give the board time" or "we're going to try and buy these guys out". To hear nothing at all is a bit odd but it is what it is I guess.

From what I’ve heard, a couple of patrons asked some very specific and valid questions about the long term business plan, the funding of the training ground, the poor financials from the last trading year and the current trading year and just had it all swept under the carpet with weak reassurances which were no more than words. 

The meeting was essentially pointless - there were no facts or figures - just smoke being blown by the Germans assuring everyone there’s nothing to worry about and that they were disappointed to be so heavily scrutinised. 

You’ve probably heard nothing about the outcome as there was nothing remotely beneficial to come out of it. 

Some serious questions for those who feel our board should walk away.

Who would we get to take over? Keep in mind that Ross McArthur had a whole lot of board members working for free to carry out all the many different aspects of running a football club to the best of their abilities, and he conceded that he/they had taken things as far as he/they could.

Then there’s the question of the money the Germans have invested so far, do you honestly think a businessman would simply walk away from a project and large investment when they can potentially turn things around given time? 
We’ve all seen the posts about the apparent overspending/debt that’s attached to the club, again you’d have to ask who’d take that over and manage to turn it around? 
I once posted that fans want success immediately (I think I said yesterday), and it was questioned by some, yet here we have fans wanting investors and board members to walk away because they feel the board aren’t doing things the way they’d like, because we’re not winning enough, because they didn’t sign the experienced players they feel we should, because they want success now? 
Do you really believe that there’s people in the sidelines that could come in the door and do it any better? And if you truly think there is, who are these people? What do they do right now that would allow them the time and resources to walk in the door and make the differences you feel they could? 
If you really think our board should walk away then you must have at least thought about who could take it all over to your satisfaction? 
I expect a mixed response to this, and even a bit of flack, but theses questions really need to be addressed if you think this board should walk away. 

6 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Not just bad luck. Changes need to be made off the park too.

Don't get this argument. It's the same management and staff from last season so why didn't we see so many injuries then?

Absolutely not defending that today, a complete and utter disgrace but I just don't buy that someone is at fault for the injuries.

Edited by VinnyPar

1 minute ago, Wacky said:

Who would we get to take over? Keep in mind that Ross McArthur had a whole lot of board members working for free to carry out all the many different aspects of running a football club to the best of their abilities, and he conceded that he/they had taken things as far as he/they could.

Then there’s the question of the money the Germans have invested so far, do you honestly think a businessman would simply walk away from a project and large investment when they can potentially turn things around given time? 
We’ve all seen the posts about the apparent overspending/debt that’s attached to the club, again you’d have to ask who’d take that over and manage to turn it around? 
I once posted that fans want success immediately (I think I said yesterday), and it was questioned by some, yet here we have fans wanting investors and board members to walk away because they feel the board aren’t doing things the way they’d like, because we’re not winning enough, because they didn’t sign the experienced players they feel we should, because they want success now? 
Do you really believe that there’s people in the sidelines that could come in the door and do it any better? And if you truly think there is, who are these people? What do they do right now that would allow them the time and resources to walk in the door and make the differences you feel they could? 
If you really think our board should walk away then you must have at least thought about who could take it all over to your satisfaction? 
I expect a mixed response to this, and even a bit of flack, but theses questions really need to be addressed if you think this board should walk away. 

A fair post. They've been here 3 and a half years and we've regressed on the park. The rumoured losses are putting the shitters up a lot of the fanbase. No normal fan asked for this so I don't see why it's been forced upon us. This isn't revisionism either.

Let us crack on with running as a normal football club in the Scottish championship not some pie in the sky European project.

3 minutes ago, Wacky said:

Nothing wrong with what you are saying but the obsession with youth is going too far. The owners need to wake up and invest in exerienced players in the summer.

They need to adjust their stategy. Not every signing has to be seen as a long term investment. We had enough young players going into January. We really didn't need another trio of 20 year olds.

The lack of leadership and experience was glaringly obvious today. Everybody can see it apart from our owners.

5 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

A fair post. They've been here 3 and a half years and we've regressed on the park. The rumoured losses are putting the shitters up a lot of the fanbase. No normal fan asked for this so I don't see why it's been forced upon us. This isn't revisionism either.

Let us crack on with running as a normal football club in the Scottish championship not some pie in the sky European project.

I agree that some very bad decisions was made with regards to managers but I don’t really feel we’re regressing. The freakish amount of injuries we’ve experienced this season has played a massive part in the position we find ourselves. IMO our entire team backbone is out right now and we’d be in the playoff places at the top end instead of the bottom right now, and those players are mostly the more experienced players we have. Would this whole question of the board walking happen if we were winning? Definitely not IMO. As for the losses, the fact that things aren’t being shouted from the rooftops tells me the whole debt question was answered satisfactorily, this should negate the shitters going up the fan base. You’re right about fans not asking for this, but no one attached to the club would ask for anything close to what we are seeing now. Pie in the sky euro project? I don’t think it’s a bad thing to aim for that. 

20 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Nothing wrong with what you are saying but the obsession with youth is going too far. The owners need to wake up and invest in exerienced players in the summer.

They need to adjust their stategy. Not every signing has to be seen as a long term investment. We had enough young players going into January. We really didn't need another trio of 20 year olds.

The lack of leadership and experience was glaringly obvious today. Everybody can see it apart from our owners.

I agree, and these guys will know this too. I can’t speak for them but maybe they took a wee gamble and it’s bit them on the erse. 
I hope we can tread water and stay in this league, then have a fresh start in the summer. The board must be on that page too.