Walking Down The Halbeath Road

22 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

We haven't won in the last 7.  How is that much different to 9 or 10 when suddenly we have your permission to be annoyed.

Lose next week and we’re facing relegation playoffs at best. We’re also not out of Arbroath’s reach if McPake doesn’t change things soon. We’re just far too soft and easy to play against.

Chalmers and O'Halloran are up there with the worst footballers I've seen at East End Park in the last 20 years. They are somehow under contract for a further year. Zero fight or ability from two of our most senior players. Mehmet on a 3 year deal, Wighton on a further year when he looks done. Those are all terrible decisions sanctioned by McPake. 

You'd have hoped the club had learned some lessons from the previous relegation and poor seasons in the championship, evidently that's not the case. Find a way to stay up and drastically rethink whatever Meggle is cooking up as sporting director.

On 08/03/2023 at 07:21, RandomGuy. said:

My experience of McPake was he could go on runs but as soon as what was working stopped working, he completely lost the plot and struggled to stop the death spiral. It happened at Dundee constantly and even when they got promoted it was Charlie Adam making things work more than McPake.

Got slaughtered for this post at the time.

Time to accept McPake is a poor Championship level manager and youll not achieve much, if anything, at this level with him in charge.

55 minutes ago, Nat Weederburn said:

Chalmers and O'Halloran are up there with the worst footballers I've seen at East End Park in the last 20 years. They are somehow under contract for a further year. Zero fight or ability from two of our most senior players. Mehmet on a 3 year deal, Wighton on a further year when he looks done. Those are all terrible decisions sanctioned by McPake. 

You'd have hoped the club had learned some lessons from the previous relegation and poor seasons in the championship, evidently that's not the case. Find a way to stay up and drastically rethink whatever Meggle is cooking up as sporting director.

Harsh on MOH. Was one of our better players yesterday, again a very very low bar but singling him out is poor. He’s also a winger/attacking midfielder being deployed as a wing back, he’s hardly had a fair rub of the green. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying he’s in my all time Pars 11 but it’s just making him a scapegoat. I could dig out at least nine of the other starting players from yesterday before I went after MOH. 

Will give you Chalmers though. I said we’d win nothing with him and Paul Allan in the middle last year. He went on to prove me wrong and did fairly well, however he wasn’t under pressure against better players like he is now. This season has completely passed him by.

6 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Harsh on MOH. Was one of our better players yesterday, again a very very low bar but singling him out is poor. He’s also a winger/attacking midfielder being deployed as a wing back, he’s hardly had a fair rub of the green. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying he’s in my all time Pars 11 but it’s just making him a scapegoat. I could dig out at least nine of the other starting players from yesterday before I went after MOH. 

Will give you Chalmers though. I said we’d win nothing with him and Paul Allan in the middle last year. He went on to prove me wrong and did fairly well, however he wasn’t under pressure against better players like he is now. This season has completely passed him by.

That's a fair assessment, barring yesterday just very little to get excited about from O'Halloran for me, albeit he's being played in a position that's clearly alien to him. Just some really baffling decisions from McPake such as that one after being so pragmatic during his first season with the club.

Certainly at home I'm completely against the 3 at the back, such a boring team to watch and completely ineffective in attack. Almost at the point of apathy with another championship season where there are next to no positives. 

Anyone got an up to date timescale on the players that are injured? I know that Fisher is 6/8 weeks but we any closer to seeing Bene, Toddy, Breen etc? 

I'm not happy with the singling out of the two new guys at the back either tbh. Plenty times Walcott looked for an out ball and as per, the midfield were not getting into space and offering for the ball. 

These guys are new, young and have been chucked in at the deep end. Are they the signings we needed, I don't think so but it's not their fault. 

We just don't have the right balance and mix of experience and youth. I'm not sure that's McPakes fault either but it means we are putting too much pressure on the young players imo and it's backfiring.

32 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Anyone got an up to date timescale on the players that are injured? I know that Fisher is 6/8 weeks but we any closer to seeing Bene, Toddy, Breen etc? 

The manager confirmed a rough estimate in his pre match stuff last week and this week. Everyone’s running. Comrie will be the first back but not entirely sure, followed by Todd. KRH running no bother but as he has the shoulder injury it has its own timescale. Then Bene, unsure about him and Breen is the last one expected back. No exact timescales but they did a bit of an estimation earlier in the year in one of the official site interviews so might be able to source it there and work it out.

I’d like to hope that Fisher will be the last one if he’s 6-8 weeks.

edit - just found these screenshots taken on 10th Jan: 

IMG_8318.jpeg

IMG_8293.png

Edited by The Toun Clock

O'Hallorans been getting trained to be a RWB for about 4 years now, he just cannot pick up anything positionally so it always looks off.

Even as a right winger in a 3-4-3 he struggled to understand what he was meant to be doing.

O'Halloran blows hot and cold which I guess is to be expected since even when he was at his peak he was quite a streaky player. He's not been one of the worst players this season but he's not been one of the best either. Mind you, it's hard to pick a "best" this season so far. Hamilton, Otoo or Edwards maybe, but almost by default.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Got slaughtered for this post at the time.

Time to accept McPake is a poor Championship level manager and youll not achieve much, if anything, at this level with him in charge.

Got to concede I was wrong on this. I would have been one of those pointing out how wrong you were, I can tell you that without checking.

But, he mixed things up a lot last season, to hold onto our good runs of form. Then he’s completely lost the plot this season and is sticking to his ways, regardless of performance/result. He’s so silent on the touchline too, despite us being outplayed every week.

1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:

MOH has been fine, nothing spectacular. A lot of our fans have a thing against ex rangers players. Dorrans was exactly the same.

Aye, MoH is doing better than what MacDonald would've done. Maybe a two year deal is a bit much but I don't think he's the issue tbh. 

So all likelihood is we won't see Bene and Fisher until it's squeeky erse time in the last few games, and KRH could be anything up til end of the season. Matty and Jakubiak maybe mid-March by sounds of things? 

16 hours ago, pawpar said:

We need to get rid of the board the sooner the better. Since they have arrived we were relegated with two terrible managers that they appointed then blamed the fans with that horrific letter that looking back they must have forced Ross Mcarthur to sign. McPake got us promoted back to where we are and the board have been tight when it has came to money. Wotherspoon being the obvious example. For a club like us that can have big attendances when playing Raith, Dundee United and Falkirk last season we should not be in this position. How anyone can blame McPake for trying in impossible circumstances when his hands are tied because of this board disgusts me. The problem is with the board not the manager. You can have the best manager in the world but if your board doesnt support you then you will not succeed.  Sack the board not the manager.

Lidl has a tremendous bakery and have a good selection of beer.