Walking Down The Halbeath Road

18 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Summers, Allan, Chalmers, Mehmet, Wighton, Moffat. Pea hearted shit bags to a man. Our pathetic squad built by McPake are a disgrace. No fight,  no plan. McPake out.

This is a bit disingenuous. If you're going to criticise the squad he's built, list the entire squad including the better players. In a fully fit squad, most of those boys don't start but would be adequate squad players. Mistakes have been made but to label an entire squad pathetic by picking out a handful of the weakest players is brain rot stuff. 

Should we apply the same logic and judge the Pars support on some of the moronic anger and abuse we see on here?

Edited by AuldReekie

1 minute ago, AuldReekie said:

This is a bit disingenuous. If you're going to criticise the squad he's built, list the entire squad including the better players. In a fully fit squad, most of those boys don't start but would be adequate squad players. Mistakes have been made but to label an entire squad pathetic by picking out a handful of the weakest players is brain rot stuff. 

Should we apply the same logic and judge the 

Guys he extened contacts on. Including 3 years to Mehmet. The loyal to my players from league 1 glory crap is haunting us now.  He signed Holmes,  Benjamin and Walcott in the winter window. All shit. Please stop making excuses.

7 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Guys he extened contacts on. Including 3 years to Mehmet. The loyal to my players from league 1 glory crap is haunting us now.  He signed Holmes,  Benjamin and Walcott in the winter window. All shit. Please stop making excuses.

I think MFW is decent and will become a good player. Unsure about Benjamin.

However, McPake definitely showed too much loyalty to certain players from the League 1 winning season. He should have been far more ruthless to a few and not kept them on.

Ironically I would have kept Macdonald, who he was ruthless with. Maybe Todorov too.

Edited by DA Baracus

7 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

😂

Holmes has had, what, 45 minutes and you're tearing into him!? Embarrassing. Sometimes I think we get the club we deserve. 

I actually think he has potential but that's beside the point. 

All the talk of injuries etc still hides a few home truths I think. Assuming we had a full squad (and including the current loanees we have), I'd imagine we'd line up: 

Mehmet; Fisher, Benedictus, Breen; Ritchie-Hosler, Hamilton, Otoo, Edwards; Todd; Kane, Jakubiak (? Or Wighton?)

I think even at that we have issues. Mehmet I think we all agree isn't good enough. Breen I don't think is good enough for a starting berth. Edwards blows hot and cold. Ritchie-Hosler is untested at this level. Of all the forwards we have, none are particularly prolific. Heavy reliance on Benedictus to be as good as he was last season and for Todd to provide chances and goals. That starting XI should be good enough for a mid table finish but we'll need to play at promotion play-off/title winning form to get out our current predicament. 

Assuming we do stay up this season, I think there's quite a bit of room for improvement. And if it's Livingston that come down rather than the Uncle Roy backed Ross County or a big name like Dundee or Kilmarnock in recent years then every Championship club will be looking at it being a very open league (assuming Dundee Utd go up too).

10 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

All the talk of injuries etc still hides a few home truths I think. Assuming we had a full squad (and including the current loanees we have), I'd imagine we'd line up: 

Mehmet; Fisher, Benedictus, Breen; Ritchie-Hosler, Hamilton, Otoo, Edwards; Todd; Kane, Jakubiak (? Or Wighton?)

I think even at that we have issues. Mehmet I think we all agree isn't good enough. Breen I don't think is good enough for a starting berth. Edwards blows hot and cold. Ritchie-Hosler is untested at this level. Of all the forwards we have, none are particularly prolific. Heavy reliance on Benedictus to be as good as he was last season and for Todd to provide chances and goals. That starting XI should be good enough for a mid table finish but we'll need to play at promotion play-off/title winning form to get out our current predicament. 

Assuming we do stay up this season, I think there's quite a bit of room for improvement. And if it's Livingston that come down rather than the Uncle Roy backed Ross County or a big name like Dundee or Kilmarnock in recent years then every Championship club will be looking at it being a very open league (assuming Dundee Utd go up too).

Good chance both United and Raith go up. Think Livingston will come down automatically but it's between a few teams as to who finishes in the playoffs.

Falkirk will come up but I'd be worried for whoever plays Hamilton in the playoffs (I'm assuming it will be them), and I'm very worried it will be us against them.

9 minutes ago, AuldReekie said:

😂

Holmes has had, what, 45 minutes and you're tearing into him!? Embarrassing. Sometimes I think we get the club we deserve. 

I actually think he has potential but that's beside the point. 

Why did McPake sign him then?

Wastes a signing he doesn't play. Another waste of a wage. Potential? You really think we're in a position for signing more ''potential''? Another club owns him and we have signed him for 3 months. Aye, we will really get the benefit of his potential.

4 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Why did McPake sign him then?

Wastes a signing he doesn't play. Another waste of a wage. Potential? You really think we're in a position for signing more ''potential''? Another club owns him and we have signed him for 3 months. Aye, we will really get the benefit of his potential.

I just think it would be good if we could at least let boys settle in before we start ripping into them. I think there's a fair debate to be had regarding some of the players we brought up from L1, but it's stupid to dismiss the entire squad based on a handful of players you don't like and wouldn't feature in a normal season. 

You might still be right and I think the jury is still out on McPake but the gratuitous abuse at everything and everyone is dumb. 

2 hours ago, AuldReekie said:

I just think it would be good if we could at least let boys settle in before we start ripping into them. I think there's a fair debate to be had regarding some of the players we brought up from L1, but it's stupid to dismiss the entire squad based on a handful of players you don't like and wouldn't feature in a normal season. 

You might still be right and I think the jury is still out on McPake but the gratuitous abuse at everything and everyone is dumb. 

Wow. Shit bags is ''gratuitous abuse'' haha. Embarrassing how offended people get.

2 hours ago, Enigma said:

Any danger of you having to go part time or at least hybrid if you are relegated this time around?

No, we'll clearly just go out of business 

8 hours ago, raith1974 said:

You seriously are sad p***k. You are the very reason I hate Dunfermline and will be celebrating if you get relegated. What do you think your club are. They're a provincial club that is competing for the same pool of players as us and other Championship clubs. I enjoy the rivalry and give it big licks to my Dunfermline supporting friends when we win and expect the same back when results go the opposite way. Enjoy the rest of your season and let's wait to see your finances when published as you appear to be signing several players to save a piss poor season.

Some day in the not too distant future you'll be tumbling backwards, your financier will have run out of conservatories to upgrade, and Goodwillie will be a dim and bad memory. I used to like you lot, being fellow Fifers etc, but not now. Falkirk are kuntz, and they see us the same, we know this about each other and being honest I now see your club as an irrelevance. Give me Falkirk any day, at least I can hate them with impunity, you lot, fuckin tinpot. 

4 hours ago, North West said:

Some day in the not too distant future you'll be tumbling backwards, your financier will have run out of conservatories to upgrade, and Goodwillie will be a dim and bad memory. I used to like you lot, being fellow Fifers etc, but not now. Falkirk are kuntz, and they see us the same, we know this about each other and being honest I now see your club as an irrelevance. Give me Falkirk any day, at least I can hate them with impunity, you lot, fuckin tinpot. 

Yet more slavering pish.

You see our club as a complete irrelevance, yet still “can’t wait” for us to implode? Make up your mind. 

5 hours ago, North West said:

Kane was all over the pitch. Our best player today. 

He did well. He's definitely an improvement.

It was a poor game yesterday on a terrible pitch. The performance was a razor thin improvement on the Morton game which I saw and I presume the Queens game which I didn't.

They worked harder and that's a start.

Edited by Home Truths

I'm tired of hearing about the pitch being blamed. It's Scotland and grass pitches will always cut up in winter.

The cup replay against Celtic popped up on my FB feed yesterday, the 2-2 where Nicholson scored?

The pitch looked an absolute state but it was a classic game. 

It's a tired excuse when you've heard it so often.