Walking Down The Halbeath Road

30 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Courier reporting that we're "weighing up summer moves for Hibs legends Paul Hanlon and Lewis Stevenson".

IMO Hanlon will likely go to you or Falkirk but honestly I could see Stevenson coming to us, it was all but done last season until Hibs gave him a new deal, Kirkcaldy boy and rovers supporter it’s been destined to happen at some point 

Stevenson went to school at Balwearie (the school across the railway line from Stark's) and used to go to our games. He's spoken before on podcasts about planning for the future and had an interest in coaching. 

I'd expect us to be in for both, but I don't any decisions will be made for a few weeks from the players. 

Paul Hanlon would be a very good signing.

Not sure I would want both of them in a smalish squad given their ages.

Posted (edited)

Always nice when us and Dunfermline are in for the same player these days, they inevitably end up down at Stark’s.

As for Falkirk, League One is utter tripe, this season is probably the worst it has been for years. We sailed past Montrose and Hamilton in the cups. There’s a significant gap between that league and the Championship.

That said, I fully expect McGlynn to have Falkirk flying next season on the back of momentum and the advanced squad planning which is his hallmark. Probably through the first, maybe second quarter. The rest or the season might be tougher as other teams will then have figured how to play them and his inflexibility will be exposed. You just can’t go through a Championship season successfully playing the same one way unless you’re Hearts or somebody. If McGlynn hits a wall he usually hits it hard as he’s obsessed with his teams playing the “right” way regardless.

Edited by Enigma

15 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Always nice when us and Dunfermline are in for the same player these days, they inevitably end up down at Stark’s.

As for Falkirk, League One is utter tripe, this season is probably the worst it has been for years. There’s a significant gap between that league and the Championship. That said, I fully expect McGlynn to have Falkirk flying on the back of momentum and the advanced squad planning which is his hallmark probably through the first, maybe second quarter. The rest or the season might be tougher as other teams will then have figured how to play them and his inflexibility will be exposed. If McGlynn hits a wall he usually hits it hard.

There was a lot of chuckling about McGlynn saying it'll be a quiet window as he's used up all his budget - no doubt half that squad. Plus ca change and all that. 

1 hour ago, Well over Par said:

MWH is not any better than Aaron Comrie. I'm happy to go with Comrie as our right back

I think MWH is quite a bit better than Comrie.

1 hour ago, The Toun Clock said:

Courier reporting that we're "weighing up summer moves for Hibs legends Paul Hanlon and Lewis Stevenson".

I think I've seen this film before...

Can't say I'm fussed about either, Stevenson especially. 37 midway through next season? It's a position where when the legs go, they drop off quickly. 

Can he play centre midfield? Could be a Whittaker esque signing in that regard. 

Hanlon I'm probably more warm too, but a pairing of him and Bene would be a bit old eh? 

34 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Can't say I'm fussed about either, Stevenson especially. 37 midway through next season? It's a position where when the legs go, they drop off quickly. 

Can he play centre midfield? Could be a Whittaker esque signing in that regard. 

Hanlon I'm probably more warm too, but a pairing of him and Bene would be a bit old eh? 

Neither are particularly interesting to me.  There are several on the Dundee United released list that would be much more like it.  I’d argue the last thing we need is more players over 30, each one we’ve had this season have either been injured or not good enough.

Logan Chalmers over Mochrie for me.

Declan Glass is an interesting one, his stock was high but probably hasn't had the impact he might have hoped this year. I would be happy to see him come in.

I did not like Mochrie and would not thank you for him back, talent on the ball but would go missing for the whole game. Off the ball he was really bad but I don't think we helped him by playing him in a role where off the ball intelligence was needed. 

Logan Chalmers though? Come on down pal, McPake spoke about him in passing last night and is clearly a fan. 

Mcmann would be a great replacement for Edwards aswell, far rather him than Stevenson imo. 

Mochrie was too soft. Hated a 50/50 and as said above would disappear most games. He was on the bench most the second half of our league 1 season. Now released by his parent club. No thanks.

Chalmers is a shout but not if were going to play him as a right wing back like KRH. McMann may be a good replacement for Edwards.