Walking Down The Halbeath Road

5 minutes ago, itchytitsmediab said:

Hopefully, the development fee isn't too much, but he's still a young guy, so hopefully, we can hand him a two-year deal.

🤣 as long as there is a sell on included.

I know that Jordan Burt was a volunteer on Pars TV, I don’t know if that ever changed and it became a paid gig for him? But the lad was really droll, and if you were lucky the question was only just over twice as long as the answer, which he also gave half of while asking the question. You could sometimes see the bemusement on players faces when being interviewed. I won’t even go into some of his commentary skills. 
To be fair, Jordan has been with Pars TV for quite some time now, and as far as I’m aware he did it for the love of the club?
The club recognised that it was an area that needed to be improved and professionalised, let’s hope they can see the same and will act accordingly with the product on the pitch. 

The boy coming from Stenny is head of media, not sure if that also involves ParsTV or not. I was thinking more social media output, graphics etc which is where the club have lacked for a number of years now since big Mikey left.

The guys who do ParsTV are all volunteers I’m sure. Fair play to them for doing it but I won’t beat around the bush, it’s not great viewing or listening. A rarely bother with the post match interviews as some of the questions sound a bit silly and obvious. The guy doing co-comms is ballache, just talking for the sake of talking.

Elsewhere, hopefully get an end of season update from the club today. At the supporters meeting last week James McPake was asked and said it should be confirmed within a week.

Just on your head of media, Connor told me at a Kelty game earlier in the season, and I don't think he'd mind if I say it too, he was taking Chris McMillan who did commentary for Dumbarton and Stenny with him to Dunfermline.

Didn't improve the picture woes any at Stenny because they were still using pixellot but I don't remember any egregious commentary.

On 13/05/2024 at 17:15, Heaton said:

I can confirm their head of is joining ParsTV. No idea about the others. Heard it from his own mouth some time ago. He's been with the ParsTV guys a few games the latter half this season and done a post match a while go too.

I heard it was the boy who runs the TN10Y podcast who is taking over although he is a suspected Cowdenbeath fans. Dunno about you guys but I don't want to be seeing the Blue Brazil on our socials!?!?! 🤬🤬🍻🍻

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

Just on your head of media, Connor told me at a Kelty game earlier in the season, and I don't think he'd mind if I say it too, he was taking Chris McMillan who did commentary for Dumbarton and Stenny with him to Dunfermline.

Didn't improve the picture woes any at Stenny because they were still using pixellot but I don't remember any egregious commentary.

I’m going to be honest, any steps to improve our media team is a step in the right direction.

ParsTV and social media have been very poor from us. There was a point in time where I felt we were ahead of other clubs on social media. That was years ago and, if anything, we’ve regressed whilst everyone else has improved their social media platforms.

ParsTV, I’ve commented before, it’s a substandard product. It’s run by volunteers, I understand that. I’m not going to start criticising individuals, but I think it’s about time we got people who can improve the service. It’s a paid for subscription service and is also used for highlights and interviews uploaded to YouTube. For that reason, we should be trying to enhance that aspect of the club and that probably means getting paid members of staff involved. During Covid, it was clear that other clubs’ tv/streaming services were better than ours. My understanding is that ours hasn’t gotten noticeably better since.

35 minutes ago, itchytitsmediab said:

I heard it was the boy who runs the TN10Y podcast who is taking over although he is a suspected Cowdenbeath fans. Dunno about you guys but I don't want to be seeing the Blue Brazil on our socials!?!?! 🤬🤬🍻🍻

He's a pars fan and hates Falkirk as much as the rest of us.

1 hour ago, Heaton said:

Even if he was a Cowdenbeath fan how on earth would it mean our socials would be full of Cowden stuff?! As if the club would allow that to happen!

2 hours ago, Heaton said:

I’m assuming the post was a really weird (and awful) attempt at humour? Not sure what they were trying to get at there at all.