Walking Down The Halbeath Road

8 hours ago, Clangers said:

Who was No 30, he played a few great balls.

Rowe. I don’t know much about him, but he also looked decent last night, definitely one for the future IMO. 

Freddie Rowe is nowhere near ready for the first team from what I seen last night.

Ewan McLeod did well. Looked composed on the ball, played some good passes and positionally, knew his job. That's impressive for a young player

Edited by Well over Par

59 minutes ago, Well over Par said:

Freddie Rowe is nowhere near ready for the first team from what I seen last night.

Ewan McLeod did well. Looked composed on the ball, played some good passes and positionally, knew his job. That's impressive for a young player

What positions were they playing?

Otoo looked really good last night. Strong, composed on the ball, read the game well. Think he’s going to be even better again this year and really prove himself. Wotherspoon played a ‘free role’ and was always moving into space and looking for the ball, trying to create space for others. Ngwenya looks insanely fast and very keen to get forward.

We looked a lot better when the kids came on. A lot more direct and created a few chances. Taylor Sutherland kept finding space, getting on the ball and running at defenders. Ewan McLeod played in the middle of the park, read the game well and played some really good passes. Young Tod got involved in some good passing moves. KRH seemed to come to life when these guys came on and played with energy, rather than our usual style of play.

NZ trialist had some good touches and played some really nice passes down the line and a couple of dangerous crosses into the box. Sam Young also did well, up against Zak Rudden. The youngsters seem to have good footballing brains and they seem to have much better first touches, decision making and positional awareness than the senior guys did before they came on.

Having said that, it’s a friendly. I’m sure the senior guys probably had an eye on Saturday and didn’t want to push too much, whilst the youngsters are trying to prove themselves. But I think a few of the kids have a chance of breaking into the first team this season.

50 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

What positions were they playing?

McLeod came on in central midfield.

Rowe played a but higher up the right. He wasn't on for long. I couldn't quite believe his first run. looked really short of pace but maybe hadn't done a proper warm up?

Edited by Well over Par

1 hour ago, da_no_1 said:

Taylor Sutherland has to be involved more this season.

Totally this. I think he’ll be a better prospect than Nesbit. Strong, fast, nimble, un afraid to take defenders on.

I’m finding it easy to get flack on here right now, and I expect more for saying that Taylor would start every game if it were up to me 

51 minutes ago, Well over Par said:

McLeod came on in central midfield.

Rowe played a but higher up the right. He wasn't on for long. I couldn't quite believe his first run. looked really short of pace but maybe hadn't done a proper warm up?

I thought the same, but then he made a diagonal run back from their goal and looked much quicker. I think we could have a decent player in him too. 

12 minutes ago, Wacky said:

Totally this. I think he’ll be a better prospect than Nesbit. Strong, fast, nimble, un afraid to take defenders on.

I’m finding it easy to get flack on here right now, and I expect more for saying that Taylor would start every game if it were up to me 

Not from me. He's got all the attributes & it's not like he'd be displacing someone who's banging in the goals.

24 minutes ago, Nat Weederburn said:

Daily record Scott burns is reporting it. 

Screenshot_20240711-1032562.thumb.png.a74f010dfe254cb6dd302026e162c06d.png

I hope we cash in if we receive a better bid.

13 hours ago, Heaton said:

If the trialists came on, then we'll need to sign them first

I think McPake said post match that there would be a discussion about the two trialists last night/today so hopefully get them signed up before the weekend.

2 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Having said that, it’s a friendly. I’m sure the senior guys probably had an eye on Saturday and didn’t want to push too much, whilst the youngsters are trying to prove themselves. But I think a few of the kids have a chance of breaking into the first team this season.

Aye, people tend to go a bit overboard with youth players in pre season imo. 

1 hour ago, Wacky said:

When we signed Nisbet he had just scored a boatload of goals in the 3rd tier, he then continued scoring for us and was capped by Scotland within 2? Years of leaving us. Sutherland looks promising but he's nowhere near the level that Nisbet was operating at when he joined us. Let's give him time to grow eh? 

What would be your starting eleven if everyone was fit? 

18 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

What would be your starting eleven if everyone was fit? 

4-2-3-1:

Mehmet

Comrie / Bene / Fisher / Ngwenya

Hamilton / Otoo

KRH / Wotherspoon / Todd

Kane

By some distance, GK and defence is my biggest concern currently.

1 minute ago, AuldReekie said:

4-2-3-1:

Mehmet

Comrie / Bene / Fisher / Ngwenya

Hamilton / Otoo

KRH / Wotherspoon / Todd

Kane

By some distance, GK and defence is my biggest concern currently.

We're very, very, very similar. 

The only position I'd change is having Breen at LCB. But it's a toss of a coin. With that though I don't understand who Sutherland comes in for and starts every game. 

2 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

We're very, very, very similar. 

The only position I'd change is having Breen at LCB. But it's a toss of a coin. With that though I don't understand who Sutherland comes in for and starts every game. 

I was also a coin flip on Breen. 

More likely that McPake goes 3-4-1-2 and I could see Sutherland getting decent time up top with Kane if Wighton and McCann fail to take their chances.