Walking Down The Halbeath Road

15 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

If we’re being picky, we’d owe money to a creditor, not a debtor.

Yes, everyone has creditors for taxes etc. but as far as we’re aware, the club just have those standard liabilities, that aren’t generally regarded as debt. It’s just bills that aren’t due yet. There’s nothing to suggest we are behind in our tax payments or anything like that and you can bw pretty certain we’d know about it by now if we owed people wages.

When people talk about debt, they’re usually talking about taking out a loan (or other form of finance) as a source of funding. Given the context of the claims above, I’m pretty certain that’s the kind of debt that was being discussed. Not just some (relatively) small bills that aren’t yet due.

Unless we’re going to claim everyone’s in debt between the time they get their phone bill and the direct debit comes out, then I don’t think we can say the club’s in debt because they haven’t paid bills that aren’t due yet.

I would agree with your explanation here regarding trade creitoes etc. However Directors Loans and similar instruments. In the case of your club there is a current liability in the form of a £28K bank loan. 

There is a longer term liability consisting of a convertable loan of £1M graned by DAFC Fussball GmbH with a proposal that this is converted to equity i.e. shaers thereby claering that liability. This is not an unusual structure or practice  but the club  does remain liable tor the facility until such times it is converted 

34 minutes ago, par-adise said:

I think you could say this about a number of clubs in the league to be honest. 

True, though I don't think there are many at £1m per annum.

Difficult to see where the owners get a return on an investment like that further down the line. You have to expect that their prime motivation is to achieve this at some point rather than a philanthropic attempt to support a provincial Scottish Football club.

14 minutes ago, Blue Oktober said:

I would agree with your explanation here regarding trade creitoes etc. However Directors Loans and similar instruments. In the case of your club there is a current liability in the form of a £28K bank loan. 

There is a longer term liability consisting of a convertable loan of £1M graned by DAFC Fussball GmbH with a proposal that this is converted to equity i.e. shaers thereby claering that liability. This is not an unusual structure or practice  but the club  does remain liable tor the facility until such times it is converted 

The convertible loan is recognised as debt, but it has been clearly stated that this will not be repaid in cash and will be converted. The terms of the convertible loan state that if GmbH don’t convert it to equity within 5 years, DAFC can convert it for them. The club were clear in their explanation of this.

Yes, as 101 said, we do have a small bank loan that was £28k at the date of the last accounts. I can’t see us going under over a £28k loan. 

Regardless, it would definitely be good to get some form of reassurance from the club. ‘Accountability’ is one of our Living True Sportsmanship values. But none of the people who launched this are willing to take any accountability for the laughing stock the club has become.

48 minutes ago, Heaton said:

Maybe we start a gofundme page to get a keeper. If we pay for it then perhaps the bollocks fair play right type player and person BS can be scraped and we can actually get one. 

I'd rather we start a go fund me page to get rid of Cook

5 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

That's Lewis McCann for you, heart of a mouse.

In fairness McPake has always been honest about where we're aiming, never setting expectations too high 

Also suits him down to the ground to set such brutally shite targets right enough. 

Can we start back the Simpsons memes? It was the only thing that kept a smile on my face in 21/22, and this season won't be any different IMO. 

IMG_7797.jpeg

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

Can we start back the Simpsons memes? It was the only thing that kept a smile on my face in 21/22, and this season won't be any different IMO. 

IMG_7797.jpeg

Aye, Peter Grant snorting a line of centre backs was a topper. What a time to be alive. 

some people are awfully touchy. 
I pointed out to some football fans at work that Italian, potentially Roman Catholic refs could be biased too and send players off for almost nothing. It would appear that rangers fans would like me to go away, and that I’m considered a penis of some description by them. They also feel my beloved Pars aren’t as good as their team. 
It’s hardly my fault that karma is a total bitch, but the vitriol I’m having to endure because of it feels totally unjustified