Walking Down The Halbeath Road

7 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

I was trying to be nice asking some questions rather than laughing my tits off at your clubs demise. 

Read the statement then laugh at us or offer sympathy. I couldn't care either way.

5 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Yep, enjoying the show, along with the rest of Scottish football.  If there's anything we love more than a fully deserved administration, its a sequel!

Some leap there fella

6 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Yep, enjoying the show, along with the rest of Scottish football.  If there's anything we love more than a fully deserved administration, its a sequel!

Talking about sequels, we're going to have you on repeat by the looks of it. Pity we can't switch you off.

Worrying times for all connected to DAFC. Investing in training infrastructure at the time when the club is haemorrhaging cash is baffling and has to be questioned.
For me, a football club investment really needs to be totally focussed on the quality of the team and the results generated each and every game. Every club supporters want positive results and through that investment flows.
The last thing the Pars need just now are supporters turning their backs.  This is the time when your club needs everyone connected with club to  pull together in the same direction. 
I think it’s quite sad to see any club struggle but you have saved your club before and I’m sure you’ll do it again. 
As a Falkirk fan I genuinely wish you all the best. 

The charlatans we predict they would be!

7 year model but leaving 4 years in because they read online that someone didn’t like them?
Bullshit they have been inept at managing a club due to their original business model being to push cheap continental players into the market. Once they knew the restrictions they haven’t come up with a better model, waiting for the training ground to be finished and putting zero funds into the club.

The investment model where they had the opportunity to become future investors  alway scared me, it looks like they can invest in the training ground then offset that as loss/loans then give them a higher share of the club. 

2 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

Worrying times for all connected to DAFC. Investing in training infrastructure at the time when the club is haemorrhaging cash is baffling and has to be questioned.
For me, a football club investment really needs to be totally focussed on the quality of the team and the results generated each and every game. Every club supporters want positive results and through that investment flows.
The last thing the Pars need just now are supporters turning their backs.  This is the time when your club needs everyone connected with club to  pull together in the same direction. 
I think it’s quite sad to see any club struggle but you have saved your club before and I’m sure you’ll do it again. 
As a Falkirk fan I genuinely wish you all the best. 

Good post.

Fans will rally, they did the last time, will do again. 

1 hour ago, mic_17_uk said:

Are you advocating the 'Brentford model' here? 

The Brentford model is absolutely the way to go for teams at our level, it could be argued that Raith are doing that already. They don't have a youth academy, they have however signed the likes of Gibson as young players they can develop and sell on. 

1 minute ago, Well over Par said:

Can’t understand why they didn’t put a 4g pitch down at east end and use it 24/7

Changing rooms, gym, eating facilities all on site 

Ego before rational judgement perhaps 

1 hour ago, mic_17_uk said:

Are you advocating the 'Brentford model' here? 

No the falkirk model bring in decent players and mound them into a team that will *** you fifers lol!

4 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Oh my, how quickly some fans forget their own banter years!

No mate, we remember those five long years vividly, when we were the butt of all the jokes and everybody had a go at us.

Schadenfreude is delightful or Karma's a bitch, take your pick.

Mj Popcorn GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Edited by Bairn in Exile

So up to 75% of the Club is going up for sale, I guess the question is are there investors, or a single white knight, who have an interest in turning money into deducible losses? We've seen with Mr. Coffee at Falkirk, Silverbear at Raith and ICT's recent fiasco that there are plenty of chancers about, is there a standout name or group that's likely to step forward?

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

So up to 75% of the Club is going up for sale, I guess the question is are there investors, or a single white knight, who have an interest in turning money into deducible losses? We've seen with Mr. Coffee at Falkirk, Silverbear at Raith and ICT's recent fiasco that there are plenty of chancers about, is there a standout name or group that's likely to step forward?

I believe pars United have first refusal but at what price I don't know. If it is to be pars united taking full control again then it's likely that the group would need new involvement, a lot of those involved have been steadily resigning from the dafc board over the past few years, will they return? Perhaps, it will depend on why the stepped back in the first place. 

Possibly with pars united I guess the most obvious possible candidate locally would be KDM.

7 hours ago, Stainrod said:

The sad reality that the notion of investing in an Academy as a long term business plan is flawed . In Scotland to get your share of the best players you need to be an elite academy and be able to deal with the associated costs. Even if you invest to become elite then the best of your crop are always in danger of being enticed away by agents as soon as they turn 16 Even the  old firm are struggling with this reality. I’m therefore not sure that the German investors really understood the workings of the Scottish academy system and the probability of making a profit from it or naively believing they could have 4 or 5 home grown fifers playing in the championship. Sadly in todays market  it’s is a pipe dream. Much better to invest in a sound talent spotting system that can bring in oven ready players released from bigger clubs or find nuggets in the lowland league like falkirk & P thistle have. Dunfermline are about to embark on a critical period and they need to get it right with management and investors or the club be f**ked . Even as a falkirk fan I wouldn’t want that although a 2 nd division pars team full of fife academy kids would be fun to watch !

You don’t understand it either reading this. 

5 hours ago, HoBNob said:

The Brentford model is absolutely the way to go for teams at our level, it could be argued that Raith are doing that already. They don't have a youth academy, they have however signed the likes of Gibson as young players they can develop and sell on. 

Nonsense. Brentford have invested millions in how they identify and target players. No club in Scotland could afford to do it like they do. 
The only long term approach that will work in Scotland is investment in youth (at a level your club can afford) and supplement with a good scouting system to identify players to play in the first team who have a sell on value. Falkirk IMO are now going about this correctly. We have a few promising modern apprentices from our small academy of which we may get a couple into the first team squad in the next year or so and 4 or 5 first team players with sell on value. Adams, Morrison, Tait, MacIver etc…