Walking Down The Halbeath Road

It's in the Daily Record too, with a few quotes from JJ. One of them saying several players can't afford to travel to training but have been too embarrassed to tell him before now :( feel soooo sorry for the players. Every Pars fan will be right behind their decision if and/or when they strike.

It's in the Daily Record too, with a few quotes from JJ. One of them saying several players can't afford to travel to training but have been too embarrassed to tell him before now :( feel soooo sorry for the players. Every Pars fan will be right behind their decision if and/or when they strike.

It'll be interesting to see how the club puppets defend this.

Probably tell you that the players have had most of their pay and it should be an honour to play for the club etc etc

People not getting paid before xmas anywhere is shocking. Not doubt Masterston will be wiping his crocodile tears with £100 notes

Outside looking in looks like you guys are in serious danger of dropping in the brown stuff before the end of the year

This.

While I wouldn't blame them, they'd be fucking idiots for missing any of the games, we'll have our two biggest gates in the next two games so youd think there salaries would get sorted, if they go on strike the club goes deeper in the mire, they don't get paid and the title challenge is over.

Why now?

I can fully understand it, I'd be raging too, but if there was a time to do it then it was last week.

I'd assume the reasoning for doing it now is much like the Scotrail strike. The players know it's an important time of the year for the club and if they feel the club are fucking them around then threatening to strike during this period should put the shitters up the Board and get things sorted. I don't think you can be raging with them and the title challenge being over should be the least of your worries at the moment.

From Daily Record article:

DUNFERMLINE players went to war with their club yesterday by striking over a lack of pay.

The squad refused to train after becoming frustrated at a string of broken payment promises.

It’s the second successive month salaries have been late after the Fifers paid less than half of their players’ wages for November. Despite the club making several assurances, their failure to deliver the money on time has caused fury.

Several players were even unable to make the journey to East End Park yesterday due to a lack of funds.

But director Gavin Masterton then released a statement that promised to pay all of the outstanding wages by the end of today.

Record Sport understands several stars have still to see the cash hit their accounts and will wait until this morning to see if the latest promises are made good before deciding what to do.

Boss Jim Jefferies said: “We had boys who couldn’t afford to travel to training on Wednesday and were too embarrassed to tell me.

“I understand it isn’t their fault. They just couldn’t afford it. A lot of the players are getting to the stage they are fed up not getting paid.

“These players are not on the kind of salaries where they can afford to go one month without a wage.

“Up until now they have been quite happy to go along with what the club have been telling them but it has been brought to a head with the failure to meet deadlines.

“The players have been a joy to work with. This was the first day they felt down but they have bills to pay and are preparing for Christmas.”

PFA Scotland chief Fraser Wishart also praised the Pars players for their attitude throughout the troubles.

He said: “Throughout this they have been professional and managed to sustain their performance levels. But there have been a few deadlines which the club haven’t met.

“If those payments aren’t made by the close of play then the players’ patience may wear thin.”

I think the players have been paid though because Joe Cardle wrote "back to the grind tomorrow" on Twitter last night. I hope they have, they deserve it, especially at this time of the year.

I suspect the players threatening the strike yesterday forced the club's hand somewhat. I'd be very surprised if they ever miss a game through strike action, they'd be more likely to sit out training but still turn up for games I would have thought.

Thought Masterton was being a bit rich saying 'the players can now enjoy Christmas' or whatever by getting their November salaries 5 days before Christmas day and with no guarantees as to when their December salaries will get paid.

It won't come as a surprise to anyone that its those that have been most vocal in displaying their disdain at GM that have been banned.

Kozmaboz will be next IMO.

http://dafc.info/forum/read.php?f=1&i=1234291&t=1234291

Posted this morning, I've had enough.

The board are liars and we should protest at the next games.

Press Release:

20 December 2012

PARS FANS SEEK CLARITY OVER CLUB'S FINANCIAL POSITION BEFORE INVESTING

The Pars Supporters Trust request an urgent meeting with Dunfermline FC directors.

The Pars Supporters' Trust (The Trust) has requested an urgent meeting with the current Board of Dunfermline Athletic FC and its majority shareholder to discuss and obtain clarity and transparency on the club's current financial predicament.

Margaret Ross, Chairman of The Trust said: "Supporters of Dunfermline Athletic are being asked to invest in their club and we firmly believe that for us to have confidence to do so it is only fair and just for the Board to present the Club's true, and current financial position so that we are making an informed decision based on the best information available in order for us to support the Club's Share Issue".

"We all want to ensure the club survives, but we also want to ensure that any financial contribution is for the long term sustainability of the Club rather than a quick, short term fix of a problem that is likely to raise its head again in the near future. For that reason we have asked Supporters Direct to contact the Club on our behalf to seek information and an urgent meeting with the Club's Board to allow us to understand the club's true position so that we can update the supporters."

Edited by dafcburty

Press Release:

20 December 2012

PARS FANS SEEK CLARITY OVER CLUB'S FINANCIAL POSITION BEFORE INVESTING

The Pars Supporters Trust request an urgent meeting with Dunfermline FC directors.

The Pars Supporters' Trust (The Trust) has requested an urgent meeting with the current Board of Dunfermline Athletic FC and its majority shareholder to discuss and obtain clarity and transparency on the club's current financial predicament.

Margaret Ross, Chairman of The Trust said: "Supporters of Dunfermline Athletic are being asked to invest in their club and we firmly believe that for us to have confidence to do so it is only fair and just for the Board to present the Club's true, and current financial position so that we are making an informed decision based on the best information available in order for us to support the Club's Share Issue".

"We all want to ensure the club survives, but we also want to ensure that any financial contribution is for the long term sustainability of the Club rather than a quick, short term fix of a problem that is likely to raise its head again in the near future. For that reason we have asked Supporters Direct to contact the Club on our behalf to seek information and an urgent meeting with the Club's Board to allow us to understand the club's true position so that we can update the supporters."

To be fair should of been done weeks ago

To be fair should of been done weeks ago

To be fair, the Trust had to give the Board a chance to disseminate reasonably transparent information and they have completely failed to do so. The trust will have been seeking this information for weeks and indeed have already met with the board, they will only be going public with this to try and force the board's hand a bit or at least make it clear that they are trying to do something.

Have we had confirmation that Dunfermline players were paid today?

Masterton assured everyone via a statement they would be. So clearly everything will be....

Hopefully the players have been paid. If, however, they haven't and decide to take action then I couldn't blame them either. I know that if I had gone a couple months with missed wages / partial payments, I'd be looking at my options.

I feel so sorry for JJ in all this as he's caught in the middle of it, and it isn't his fault. He and the players have done their bit by producing a good side that we've been enjoying watching and progress this season. But stuff outwith their control is threatening to tear it all apart.

Still, I was under the impression that the players' day off was a Wednesday anyway.

Noticed a couple of folk mentioning that Paul Goodwin had offered some advice. I'd be slightly wary of his involvement after reading Ewan Murray of the Guardian claiming on Twitter that Goodwin had some sort of involvement in Angelo Massone's bids for St Mirren and Hearts.

Isn't Goodwin head of Supporters Direct?

I think they were training on Wednesday this week as they got a long weekend; Falkingham, Morris and Whittle all went back down south and only travelled back up on Tuesday.

ETA: Just for clarification, I know this due to their conversations to one another and general tweets on Twitter. However, I don't know if they were getting Wednesday off too, as normal, or not.

Edited by dafcburty