Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Pars can't finish for good at Starks park tomorrow, no dignity in that.

Every Pars fan has to be there at the next home game and make it clear the club has fans who care.

Businessmen ruining clubs at a rate of 1 a year at the moment, is Romanov next?

And how do you propose we achieve this? What are we called? What location do we play at? Who plays for us? And how do we get back in? The fans know we're no coming back...

You start in the non-leagues, at the lowest level of entry and sort your issues out from there: not as a Third Division Newco dressing itself up in the history and assets of the failed club.

Gretna and Clydebank have done this, so your claim that Dunfermline fans couldn't do so is absurd.

I'm sick of this shit. Digs at each other from both the club and the TPC. The fans are not getting transparency or clear information from either side. The TPC guy on Radio Scotland made a 'Masterton knows we're good for it' type comment regarding the investors in his group.

The TPC twitter account last night was a joke. Who are these guys? They might be current investors, known to those in the know but for normal fans like me I have no idea what's they are about. Say what ever you want about the SG, those 3 guys were at least brave enough to stand in front of us for two hours on Monday night answering questions.

I'm not entertaining any other idea of what happens next until the club is officially dead. But if these TPC c***s think they have a mandate to speak for the fans they are mistaken. Intentional liquidation of the club is not an option I will ever accept. For me to get involved in any phoenix club, it would have to be driven by a real grass roots fans movement, uncorrupted by ANY of the current players.

The annoying part is that they keep retweeting fans asking for some clarity on the situation then proceed to not give any.

Sporting integrity was about no fast track to SFL1 for NewCo Sevco! If Dunfermline go bust and there is a new company, they the same sporting integrity must insist that they apply for admission to the bottom tier.

Why you are an arse is because you apparently revel in the sadness of fans facing the loss of their club. It nearly happened to us but maybe you are too young to properly remember.

As far as one rule for Dunfermline and one rule for the old firm is concerned, you are entirely correct. I detest the sectarian aspect to the OF. I detest the triumphalism. Would I lift a hand to help either of the old firm? You work it out!

Dunfermline's fans are just like our own and so sporting rivalry aside, of course I would help if I could.

Your lack of sensitivity and total inability to empathise will cost you in life no matter what your IQ is!

You start in the non-leagues, at the lowest level of entry and sort your issues out from there: not as a Third Division Newco dressing itself up in the history and assets of the failed club.

Gretna and Clydebank have done this, so your claim that Dunfermline fans couldn't do so is absurd.

Bombastic but correct. If the Pars are dead then it's a shame but it's been coming...

The accusation that we could form a club with no players, no ground and no on or off field management in time for the Third division by August is absurd...a team based in Dunfermline claiming to be DAFC will no doubt emerge somewhere (most likely EOS), that would take time. The idea of us being able to take advantage of the Rangers precedent is beyond far fetched...

The annoying part is that they keep retweeting fans asking for some clarity on the situation then proceed to not give any.

Yorkston is right to say they have handled themselves unprofessionally, the stuff that was on there last night was confusing and didn't make sense. As fans we deserve a clear message, for a group who claim to speak for fans they have failed miserably at conveying what has actually went on. John Yorkston's interview on the site tonight was at least easy to follow whether you believe it or not...

Sporting integrity was about no fast track to SFL1 for NewCo Sevco! If Dunfermline go bust and there is a new company, they the same sporting integrity must insist that they apply for admission to the bottom tier.

It isn't. 'Sporting integrity' was ditched in order to let 'The Rangers' take a spot in the SFL at any level. Many fans such as myself wrote specifically to our club chairmen to prevent the admission of the newco at any national level of the game, so I'm afraid your revisionism isn't going to wash.

Questions have to be asked as to why certain fans (such as yourself) are being utterly hypocritical in their approach to this situation. Dunfermline's cheating has indeed been much, much larger in relative terms than Rangers. Both deserved to start again in the non-leagues. This is sporting integrity, rather than your bizarre two wrongs fallacy where facilitating cheats in one spineless act should act as a precedent for all future cases.

Why you are an arse is because you apparently revel in the sadness of fans facing the loss of their club. It nearly happened to us but maybe you are too young to properly remember.

I revel in the loss of massive cheats from the Scottish game: this clean-up has been coming for years. I wish the fans all the best in efforts to produce a sustainable club at a fair level: which is not dressing up a Newco in Division Three. Time to let someone else in to the national setup, and there is no reason why Dunfermline couldn't have a league club in years to come. Once again, dry your eyes.

As far as one rule for Dunfermline and one rule for the old firm is concerned, you are entirely correct. I detest the sectarian aspect to the OF. I detest the triumphalism. Would I lift a hand to help either of the old firm? You work it out!

Did Rangers fans deserve to lose their old club and if not, why were you conspicuous by your absence in condemning the universal laughter at their demise on this forum? You're simply being a hypocrite here.

Your lack of sensitivity and total inability to empathise will cost you in life no matter what your IQ is!
Yeah, I'm not really in the business of taking pseudo-psychological rap lectures from a boring number-cruncher like yourself. Unlucky.
Edited by vikingTON

The accusation that we could form a club with no players, no ground and no on or off field management in time for the Third division by August is absurd...a team based in Dunfermline claiming to be DAFC will no doubt emerge somewhere (most likely EOS), that would take time. The idea of us being able to take advantage of the Rangers precedent is beyond far fetched...

Erm, you shouldn't be playing in the Third Division. It's that straightforward.

Go down the Clydebank and Gretna route and work out how a new club can progress.

I'm a bit surprised that Pars fans aren't interested in going down the Clydebank route. Surely you now have the great chance to form a fan owned club that can build itself up and you wouldn't have to worry about arseholes like Masterton putting you in positions like this. Surely playing in the non-leagues until either a spot opens up or a pyramid is formed is better than having no team at all? Why do you believe this isn't possible for Pars when teams with a lesser fan base have done so?

Stop feeling sorry for yourselves a build a club you can be proud of.

Brilliant! Why has no-one else came up with this before now?

All i am saying is for the pars fans to not give up and to start fundraising.We were hours away from dying but managed to broker a deal with 2 absolute c***s of the highest order even though it upset us to even speak to them.We didnt have enough money to do the clean sweep of the board at the time but got rid of the main culprits which was a start.We have struggled ever since with one of the reasons being certain people who shall remain nameless never made good on promises of bringing big money in.Its never over no matter what others tell you.

Erm, you shouldn't be playing in the Third Division. It's that straightforward.

Go down the Clydebank and Gretna route and work out how a new club can progress.

I'm sorry, but I keep reading this same pish from you making out a (possible) future club that currently doesn't exist is getting into the third. If you know something we don't, fancy sharing it? Else change the subject...

I'm sorry, but I keep reading this same pish from you making out a (possible) future club that currently doesn't exist is getting into the third. If you know something we don't, fancy sharing it? Else change the subject...

I suggest you re-read the last few pages of the thread, in which many posters have given their apparent approval to any potential Newco being accommodated in the leagues. Not sure then why you're having a breakdown about this poster responding to this idea.

Dunfermline's fans are just like our own and so sporting rivalry aside, of course I would help if I could.

Sporting integrity my arse. Clubs binned the idea because they weren't being paid enough to accept them. You'lll be telling me next. Longmuir is a good guy.

I'm a bit surprised that Pars fans aren't interested in going down the Clydebank route. Surely you now have the great chance to form a fan owned club that can build itself up and you wouldn't have to worry about arseholes like Masterton putting you in positions like this. Surely playing in the non-leagues until either a spot opens up or a pyramid is formed is better than having no team at all? Why do you believe this isn't possible for Pars when teams with a lesser fan base have done so? Stop feeling sorry for yourselves a build a club you can be proud of.

Willie Gray must surely be ready to pounce.