Walking Down The Halbeath Road

This is a black day for football and something that no true fan should be experiencing.

I hope those resoncible for the utter mismanagement at Eastend Park are squirming and manage to do the right thing for DAFC and its fans before it is taken completely out of their control.

The best hope now is that Masterton has administrators lined up. I know that the accountant in the steering group has indicated he thinks that liquidation is the only possibility but I still think an admin order might be possible. That would probably let the club survive to the end of the season and fulfil its fixtures albeit maybe with a team of youngsters turning out.

The time that buys would permit a buyer to assess what he was getting properly. Even if the admin order ended in liquidation because a workable company voluntary arrangement could not be put together, at least Masterton would be out the picture and the decks would have been cleared.

Genuinely sorry lads.

AD.

Cheers. Thanks must go to all the fans from other clubs with their messages of goodwill. Football is all about banter but it's good to know that others can see that this shouldn't have been allowed to happen to fans of any club,

So when does liquidation formally begin? Presumably we have the court hearing in the next week, it gets proven that we can't fulfil our debts, and a liquidator gets appointed?

There will be no hearing, unless your company decides to defend the action (this is called lodging Answers, in technical terms), which I've not heard any talk of. When the 8 days after the latest of the service of the liquidation petition and the 2 adverts is up, HMRC can ask the court to liquidate the company. If made, that request will be granted. That's the procedure. Obviously something else might happen away from the court in the meantime.

Good luck.

Edited by Bearwithme

Genuinely sorry lads.

AD.

This

Hope Tonsilitus is right and you can manage to get to close season somehow & untangle the actual club from the corporate mess & go forward from there.

Best of luck.

PS

I reserve the right to rip the complete pish for 90 mins on Saturday