Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Ryan Scully has shown us we need to just make our own minds up. He was a total dud according to Thistle fans yet has been a real trooper for us this season.

To be fair, Thistle fans always say ex players are complete duds. Generally, if they can't cut it at Morton, you can be assured they are complete duds! Look at ...ahem!!....Brian Graham for example

Ryan Scully has shown us we need to just make our own minds up. He was a total dud according to Thistle fans yet has been a real trooper for us this season.

100% spot on. Sometimes players don't fit into certain teams for whatever reason - manager, confidence, attitude, style of play, etc...we don't know what's went on. But, I'll reserve judgement, and he gets my full backing, until I've seen him play. Furthermore, I also trust JJ and the backroom staff to have made the correct decision, considering they've taken all this time to sign a CB, to have evaluated all their options available to us, affordable to us and who fits into our ethos and style of play.

To be fair, Thistle fans always say ex players are complete duds. Generally, if they can't cut it at Morton, you can be assured they are complete duds! Look at ...ahem!!....Brian Graham for example

Similar rule of thumb here - if you can't cut it at East End the only place you're heading is the scrapheap (or Starks Park as it's sometimes known).

Cup tied. He was an unused sub for Morton against Inverness.

He was an unused sub in our exit to Caley. I am not sure if that counts for the purposes of him being cup-tied.

Cheers for the reply. That's annoying, if he does indeed sign. Hopefully Morris is back fit for us then! We'll need a bit more experience that night to see us through, you'd think.

He was an unused sub in our exit to Caley. I am not sure if that counts for the purposes of him being cup-tied.

It depends whether you are going by the SFA rulebook or the Marquis of Kelty rules. Our interpretation of who is 'suspended', who you can sign on loan, how many players you can have on the park etc can deviate a little from what the suits at Hampden tell us.

Generally you would think if a player has been released that they are pish, but I'm not sure about this one. I reckon he's going to be a cracking player alongside Morris. If JJ gives him a decent run in the team then there is no reason why he can't be great. We've got a decent young squad here with a big future ahead of them.