Walking Down The Halbeath Road

What exactly does "full time" mean in Dunfermline's case? When Airdrie were last full time they were regularly humped by fitter part time teams because being full time did not exactly take up much of their week, they spent more time on the golf course than on the training pitch. It's not now much time you spend, it's how you spend it it would seem.

I think it's the same for most teams in Scotland outside the top-flight.

Two hours for four mornings a week, as opposed to two hours two evenings a week. And it's hardly high quality coaching either. As for this 'more time to spend on set-pieces' guff and sports-science nonsense there's no real difference.

The biggest factor is they have quite a bit more money to attract better players, and people would rather be a full-time footballer than get a proper job.

Some Dunfermline fans thought they were regularly finishing games stronger due to full-time football but it's a total red-herring. Stenhousemuir scored far more late goals than anyone in the league.

Edited by Cliche Guevara

I know of at least one player who is part time and earns far more playing for a good part time League One side and doing a full time job, than the offer of "full time football part time money" that he had from a Scottish Championship side a couple of years back.

many of the full timers in Scotland's lower leagues really aren't on great money.

If Jeffries was to f**k off I wouldn't be upset. If Thomson, Forbes, Morris and Grainger left I again would not be upset.

If Neil McCann was to f**k off I would not be upset. Anyone who says that Scottish football 'needs' the old firm should not be welcome at East End Park.

Time for Jeffries to move on, tactics and team selection cost us again and our young players are nowhere near as good as what he is making us believe.

Completely outplayed and outfought by a part time team with less resources.

Suppose it was the referees fault again?

I just spent ten minutes typing a reasoned balanced post in response to grants thread on dot net explaining why Jeffries should step aside and it has been removed completely.

Someone else got a red card.

Absolutely mental.

As it looks at the moment:

2014/15 Current Squad -

GK-

None

DEF-

Ryan Williamson

Ross Millen

Lewis Martin

Alex Whittle

MID-

Ross Forbes

Josh Falkingham

Shaun Byrne

Andy Geggan

Gavin McMillan (U20)

ST-

Faissal El Bakhtaoui

Ryan Wallace

Allan Smith

Out of Contract -

Ryan Scully (end of loan; offered a new deal by Partick)

Ryan Goodfellow

Callum Morris

Jonathan Page

Kerr Young

Declan O'Kane

Ross Drummond

Danny Grainger

Stephen Husband

Ryan Thomson

Lewis Spence

Finn Graham

Scott Mercer

Out of all those players, I wouldn't give a toss if any of them were to reject new contracts, if offered.

It's certain that Morris and Grainger will be offski, again, not a f**k will be given, but Husband will probably get kept on.

Big summer for us and we need a good core to challenge for the title. I think we're going to struggle with the budget well and truly slashed but should be up there. Will be a tough league, wouldn't rule out Airdrie challenging as well after the end of the season they've had alongside Morton.

Out of them all I'd like to keep the keeper, williamson, grainger (not happening), morris (not happening), page 9maybbe happening), Byrne (although he has been garbage recently), El Bak, Wllace and the rest can do what they like.