Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I think this is what sticks in the craw:

A further trading loss will be incurred next year in this division.....

Running at a trading loss is, sadly, very common in Scotland.

Edited by DeclanG

I think this is what sticks in the craw:

A further trading loss will be incurred next year in this division.....

A trading loss is different to going into debt.

Here's an analogy...

You start the year with £5000 in your savings account and £1000 in your current account.

You earn £15k from your job for the year, stress testing blow up sheep which your company sells high volumes through its chain of sex shops in Wales and it's flagship store in Aberdeen.

After you pay for your rent, groceries, tax, pension, council tax, child maintenance, fuel for your moped etc. One year on you still have no debt (you are unable to get credit since you got blacklisted after your ex-wife ran up a massive catalogue bill and you couldn't keep up the repayments, and your wife then left you for the bloke she met on Jeremy Kyle - when you were on the show "my man supports Raith Rovers and can't satisfy me in bed"). You now have only £500 in savings and £3.76 in your current account.

Now you still have no debt, but you have operated your finances at a loss for a year. If you continued at the same level of earnings and outgoings you would end up in debt (if anyone would lend you money) so you have to either get a better job (get promoted to a higher league) or spend less (go part time).

Hopefully you now understand the plan?

A trading loss is different to going into debt.

Here's an analogy...

You start the year with £5000 in your savings account and £1000 in your current account.

You earn £15k from your job for the year, stress testing blow up sheep which your company sells high volumes through its chain of sex shops in Wales and it's flagship store in Aberdeen.

After you pay for your rent, groceries, tax, pension, council tax, child maintenance, fuel for your moped etc. One year on you still have no debt (you are unable to get credit since you got blacklisted after your ex-wife ran up a massive catalogue bill and you couldn't keep up the repayments, and your wife then left you for the bloke she met on Jeremy Kyle - when you were on the show "my man supports Raith Rovers and can't satisfy me in bed"). You now have only £500 in savings and £3.76 in your current account.

Now you still have no debt, but you have operated your finances at a loss for a year. If you continued at the same level of earnings and outgoings you would end up in debt (if anyone would lend you money) so you have to either get a better job (get promoted to a higher league) or spend less (go part time).

Hopefully you now understand the plan?

Interesting.

How much cash did the pars start the season with?

http://www.dafc.co.uk/staticFiles/3b/c1/0,,10288~180539,00.pdf

Should allow you to trawl through for the number you're after. A bit more complex than your everyday club given the creative accounting from the previous owner.

More importantly the accounts will be due out shortly for balance sheet before commencing coming season which are the numbers I'm more keen to see.

Aye, couldn't possibly have the Mighty And Important Pars taking their medicine like Clyde and the Binos and building up from the bottom. No, sirree, the auld Livinston route it is.

Get it up you cunto

Aye, couldn't possibly have the Mighty And Important Pars taking their medicine like Clyde and the Binos and building up from the bottom. No, sirree, the auld Livinston route it is.

Still, at least you're not absolutely fuming.

This has been posted countless times and is wrong. You got relegated because you got horsed by one the of the worst Airdrie teams ever on last day of season. Then were unable to beat an average Alloa side. Hence relegation. Nothing to do with points deduction. So this spouting that deduction relegated you is false!!

Of course the points deduction had a significant bearing on us going down - the mentality of a very young squad of players left was changed from that of one winning and competing at the top to one suddenly deep in a relegation scrap, as it put us second bottom. Now, the points deduction is not something we could argue with and we should really have stiffened Airdrie by about 6 or 7 on the final day, but the bottom line is that having those points deducted had a significant contribution in our relegation.

There was rumours that Moffat was being offered £700 a week by the Pars. That's what we were paying a lot of our team in the Premier League, quite surprised the Pars can afford to pay this much in League one, have they had a lot of new financial investment recently?

There was rumours that Moffat was being offered £700 a week by the Pars. That's what we were paying a lot of our team in the Premier League, quite surprised the Pars can afford to pay this much in League one, have they had a lot of new financial investment recently?

I imagine the club can afford it by not actually paying that. Do you blindly believe all the shit you read online like a fucking moron?! I get the impression that you actually don't but like others here are utterly desperate for it to be true.

I imagine the club can afford it by not actually paying that. Do you blindly believe all the shit you read online like a fucking moron?! I get the impression that you actually don't but like others here are utterly desperate for it to be true.

Angry, angry man.

It's perfectly plausible that Moffat is on that much. That equates to about £36k which is not unreasonable given it's now his full time occupation. He was supposed to be on circa £300 p/w at Ayr. I don't know what he did for a living but even if he was on around £20k, he'd only be marginally better off going to Dunfy if that was to be true.

Rather than venting your spleen perhaps you could reply with facts?