Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I didn't say we were going to sign Thompson - just wondering aloud what type of player Potter be looking at. Ross Forbes was a 'marquee' signing in League One terms last year but did it do us an awful lot of good? Potter has said he wants character and experience so I really don't see what would be so odd about us sniffing about the likes of St Mirren, Motherwell & Ross County as they inevitably try and move a few folk on. Shankland was just a cocky kid from Aberdeen yet probably made a bigger impact in the short time he was fit.

Has Jason Scotland signed for Pars?

It's possible, I know we have been looking at strikers from the Premiership who were surplus to requirements at their clubs. Nothing officially confirmed yet though.

He looked good for Accies in those play-offs against Hibs. Need a Martin Hardie-esque signing. Might need twice that seeing as how far behind we are :thumbsdown

Its not exactly a massive gap, we have a number of key games but with a bit of upturn in form we could easily be right back in contention.

Yes I was just thinking that. Moffat has been very disappointing. Jason Scotland even at 35 is still a class or two above the League One diddies and SHOULD smash the other teams. (If he even signs with us, which I thought would be unlikely)

Don't know what I'd make of two 35 year old signings. The experience would be vital of course. Paterson will hopefully be doing more coaching than playing but it would be good to see if he could do us a turn if required.

We really need someone to start scoring for us, we are in trouble.

Its not exactly a massive gap, we have a number of key games but with a bit of upturn in form we could easily be right back in contention.

We're closer to 7th than the top. We need to start winning games. Win our game against Brechin in hand is an absolute must. Lose that and we've completely fucked it IMO. Stranraer just keep getting results while we win a couple and then chuck the next few. We need to start winning consitently, and FAST.

Nothing is filling me with confidence that we're going to 'hit a bit of an upturn'. New faces is an absolute must. The players aren't good enough.

Don't worry. I'll score goals for us. I hope you don't get too abusive if I don't get a hat trick in my first game though.

No hattrick and you aren't getting your dinner...

Straight off the touchline of an under 12s boys club match.

It's a sorry set of affairs when I'd get excited about Jason Scotland signing for the Pars in 2014 but it would be an excellent signing IMO. Although I thought that about Moffat tbf.

Difference is that Jason Scotland has actually been good enough to play at a higher level than League One football in his career.

Despite his age, he would be a very decent signing if the rumour is true.

Yes I was just thinking that. Moffat has been very disappointing. Jason Scotland even at 35 is still a class or two above the League One diddies and SHOULD smash the other teams. (If he even signs with us, which I thought would be unlikely)

Don't know what I'd make of two 35 year old signings. The experience would be vital of course. Paterson will hopefully be doing more coaching than playing but it would be good to see if he could do us a turn if required.

We really need someone to start scoring for us, we are in trouble.

You guys really are trying to mimic Sevco.

You guys really are trying to mimic Sevco.

Wind up or no wind up, this actually occured to me a bit last night.

First Summer that things are settled off the field and we may have a bit of coin, we punt out loyal players/staff such as Husband & Dargo, and bring in the best of the rest from the division.

The team we had last season absolutely romped to 2nd using a lot of boys who had came through the under 20s etc. Last seasons team should have been more than enough to win the league this year. Obviously, we need to replace the loanees and Morris needed to be replaced but going and cherry picking from the other teams in the league probably wasn't the best thing to do. Everybody has a degree in hindsight though I suppose.

Not surprised at all by the flak we get from other teams in the league now that we are making a pigs arse out of it.