Walking Down The Halbeath Road

That's a good point he did everything asked of him but ultimately we need someone with a bit more guile and craft in the centre.

Still, reckon he would have been a great option to bring off the bench to rough another team up like Peterhead etc.

That's a good point he did everything asked of him but ultimately we need someone with a bit more guile and craft in the centre.

Still, reckon he would have been a great option to bring off the bench to rough another team up like Peterhead etc.

Yup. Truth is other teams in this league seem to have players who can play but can also put themselves about a bit. Our players could either do one or the other.

I think AJ has shown great clarity of vision here and I'm sure that had they not been under contract, there would have been an even more brutal cull. We've had wee guys who can play a bit but are simply bullied, big guys who are strong but are not very good players, strikers who can't score, defenders who can't defend, midfielders who pop up all over the park except the midfield.

What a signing that would be.

I honestly find it tough to understand people who didn't think Thomson was good enough but yet rated Ross Millen. All in all, probably the right call to get rid of both.

I think both players are good enough at this level, however neither are brilliant and I've no problems with a new manager wanting to get rid and freshen the squad up, similarly had he chosen to go with as consistent squad as he could and just put his one spin on it they are players he could keep and work with.

I think we probably have had a big problem of too many ok players and not enough match winners, we have nobody like Gibson, McManus or Swankie who turn tight games in their teams favour.