Walking Down The Halbeath Road

It's probably the right time for Cardle, ending last season struggling to get into the team and now he has his coaching qualifications. Hopefully finds somewhere where he can start his coaching and keep playing if that's his wish.

Players move around a lot and not many players at clubs like ours turn out 238 times for the one club anymore, I've always been critical of him and his value particularly in his first spell when I would have considered him a luxury player (I think that opinion is a banning offence on .Net).

In the last 10 years he'll be the Pars player remembered the longest. His story will be a big factor in that; made redundant when things went tits up, his homecoming and a relationship with the fans I'm not sure I've seen from any other player.

Think when Cardle is on form he's still a good enough player at Championship level so not delighted he's left. If we replace Aird, Cardle and Higginbotham (if he also leaves) with McDaid and possibly Armstrong coming back I wouldn't say that's an upgrade on what we had. So it would leave the defence looking about as strong as last season, the middle of the pack low on numbers (assuming Craigen will play there?), wide areas weaker and the strikers weaker all with 2 decent teams coming down, 2 better teams coming up to replace Brechin and Dumbarton and Falkirk, ICT and Dundee Utd looking to improve. Not at full on panic wetting stage yet but we need to get some quality players in fairly soon.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

7 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Just Higgy to find out about. It will mean a fair number of signings and like others I'm looking forward to hearing from other fans how shite they are. 

I'll save you the bother of waiting.

See that new player you've signed? He's the worst <insert position> you will ever sign.

3 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

See that new player you've signed? He's the worst <insert position> you will ever sign.

Cheers. Thought that would be the case but glad to have it confirmed. 

See that new player you've signed? He's the worst you will ever sign.
Heard a wee rumour that you lot are sniffing around Scott Sheppard.
I really hope this is true.
Amazing levels of foresight from DeeBairn there.

13 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Heard a wee rumour that you lot are sniffing around Scott Sheppard.

I really hope this is true.

It's the conveyor belt to success. We take your waifs and strays and make them stars. 

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

If ex Partick winger Lucy Lawless could be the replacement for Cardle it will be interesting to hear from Thistle fans just how shite he is.  

Would be a fantastic signing at this level.

I’d have thought he’ll get a Premiership gig.

I would be pretty staggered if Lawless ended up at Dunfermline. I'm not sure whether we cut him loose or that he indicated he wanted to look elsewhere but he was the only one many of us were disappointed to see leave. If Dunfermline do get him, you'll be getting a player who will be one of the best in the division and a significant improvement on Cardle.

Unless he's panicking though - he does have two kids to provide for, after all - I expect he'll pitch up in the Premier. St Johnstone or Hamilton would have been my bet. That said, if he drops into the Championship, I doubt he'll be upping sticks to move to the Highlands or within a radius of Dundee so Dunfermline or Falkirk would be likely destinations.

7 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Good luck with this one, besides he is far too ugly for this years team photo.

Using dating apps to source new signings rather than the traditional scouting networks is a bold move and we all wish Falkirk every success in their enlightened venture. Abject failure on the park will never have looked so good.

Played in an attacking role Lawless will be a great signing. Not so good as a wingback. Also the added benefit of no league games against The Rangers for him to down tools.

Would it not be quicker if Yinited just bid for him directly though? :green