Walking Down The Halbeath Road

36 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
38 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:
No shock to see thick c***s on the Facebook post asking if they can buy it in the club shop

^^^ Phoned the shop

When did you start working there?

The top looks great, comfortably matches the home and away tops which are delightful. An excellent effort.

The explanation on why we feel the need to use such a top isn't great reading for me. Of the thousands of pars fans alive 100 years ago why celebrate one, why celebrate any? It seems only the actions of war and who he is related to are justification for this. I absolutely don't agree that either should be related to our club.

If British legion or someone like that want to hold an event around the war memorial and try and raise funds then ok, it's not for me but at least is open and clear to those who buy into it.

DAFC is not here to do any of that.

ETA- read the Facebook comments, ffs we are not sevco, quit with the mon the troops nonsense.

8 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

The top looks great, comfortably matches the home and away tops which are delightful. An excellent effort.

The explanation on why we feel the need to use such a top isn't great reading for me. Of the thousands of pars fans alive 100 years ago why celebrate one, why celebrate any? It seems only the actions of war and who he is related to are justification for this. I absolutely don't agree that either should be related to our club.

If British legion or someone like that want to hold an event around the war memorial and try and raise funds then ok, it's not for me but at least is open and clear to those who buy into it.

DAFC is not here to do any of that.

The club has made an effort to link the club with the local communities history through the Dunfermline Athletic Heritage Trust.

Set up by Pars man Donald Adamson, who is mad keen on history and does shit loads of good work in this area.

It's just one aspect of their various initatives and the link with McRaes Battalion is there with us, as it is with Hearts, Raith Rovers etc. 

I was at the Usher Hall couple of year ago with other Pars fans representing the Pars at a remebrance concert, which was basically the historical story of McCraes Battalion. It was a good night and dare I say a slightly emotional one given the concert was well done.

Anyway I digress, strips smart as f**k.

Soldiers aren't heroes. Well not these days. I have loads of admiration for those who fought in WW1 and 2 and many of them were heroic. 

The modern day armed forces can get to f**k. The folk in them are just doing a job, no more. Thr deifying of the military sickens me.

Anyway, smart strip.

13 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Soldiers aren't heroes. Well not these days. I have loads of admiration for those who fought in WW1 and 2 and many of them were heroic. 

The modern day armed forces can get to f**k. The folk in them are just doing a job, no more. Thr deifying of the military sickens me.

Anyway, smart strip.

Often it's lack of career opportunities for a lot of young folk that sees them choosing the Armed Forces. They fight the rich man and politicans wars, especially in recent times.

I stopped voting Labour after Blair took us into an illegal war in Iraq.  f**k the ruling classes.

16 minutes ago, Potted hOuGh said:

Often it's lack of career opportunities for a lot of young folk that sees them choosing the Armed Forces. They fight the rich man and politicans wars, especially in recent times.

I stopped voting Labour after Blair took us into an illegal war in Iraq.  f**k the ruling classes.

It still can be a good career to get into, there's good qualifications that you can get that can in turn set you up for a good career, especially in the engineering side of it. 

Being in the army can put you in a situation where you can perform heroic deeds, it is silly though to say that everyone in the army is a hero, likewise with the NHS, fire services etc, you'll undoubtedly get bellends in every job. 

3 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

It still can be a good career to get into, there's good qualifications that you can get that can in turn set you up for a good career, especially in the engineering side of it. 

Being in the army can put you in a situation where you can perform heroic deeds, it is silly though to say that everyone in the army is a hero, likewise with the NHS, fire services etc, you'll undoubtedly get bellends in every job. 

Yeah the forces can give you skills for life and the training and teamwork ethic is second to none. I've been in Engineering all my working life and I've worked with shitloads of ex-forces and they're usually top drawer.

I wouldn't knock folk for joining any of the Armed Forces, it's how they're deployed and how they're used that rips my knitting. Like I said Politicians sending them abroad 'to protect our interests', which is bullshit.

6 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

9 goals conceded and two pumpings. Morton beat county no bother.
Not looking like top four atm.

Yaaaasssss!!! 

Didn't take long. You must be absolutely delighted.