Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Look at how dozens of folk reacted when Hearts' fans let off a flare. They weren't even watching the game but instead booing and harassing the stewards.

Now, I know the stewards are largely useless but some folk take it way too far. Although if you criticise someone acting like an arsehole at the football then that's sacrilege, so...

You just happened to browse through the last few pages accidentally then by mistake came on to have a go at me like you always do.

Isnt it all you ever do on this forum and on dot net? Search through threads looking for people arguing then try to take some sort of righteous moral high ground at the end with added personal insults and tell them that they shouldn't support a team or that they are a terrible person. You strike me as very insecure and looking for validation.

Yes I always come on and have a go but nobody is forcing you to read it, if you don't like it then put me on ignore if it bothers you?

But no you would rather come on here and on dot net just throwing insults around like a total sad act. Get a life.

2 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Snowflake 

In my day the rain was wetter and the snow was colder!1!

2 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

Not been on here in a while. Good to see D.A.F.C is still as calm and level headed as ever. What an utter mess of a human being.

Bit far, you and him evidently disagree on some subjects but he's probably alright. 

Edited by Grant228

7 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

You just happened to browse through the last few pages accidentally then by mistake came on to have a go at me like you always do.

Isnt it all you ever do on this forum and on dot net? Search through threads looking for people arguing then try to take some sort of righteous moral high ground at the end with added personal insults and tell them that they shouldn't support a team or that they are a terrible person. You strike me as very insecure and looking for validation.

Yes I always come on and have a go but nobody is forcing you to read it, if you don't like it then put me on ignore if it bothers you?

But no you would rather come on here and on dot net just throwing insults around like a total sad act. Get a life.

You've totally nailed it. That chunt is a total ring piece that's regularly slapped into place for shit stirring on DAFC dotnet. 

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

People should rightly be annoyed and frustrated at that scoreline. Anyone pretending everything is OK is just trying to appear to be smarter than they probably are, or on the wind up.

Are you suggesting that there is some sort of crisis? 

14 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Was maybe a tad unfair. I'm sure the quiet majority of Pars fans are lovely people and passionate about their club.

It's the vocal minority that make me want to do something else with my Saturday afternoon. For example the loudmouth making sarcastic "funny" comments at the back of the Norrie and every arsehole who's ever joined in with the "takes it up the arse" chants.

12 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

There’s always annoying fans in every club and stand/terrace. There’s an old guy in the main stand who attacks every ref every game and it’s as if he’s seeing something nobody else can. Pars player pulls on opponents shirt, clear booking. 

We had some c*** in the Somerset Road End on Saturday who shouted 'Get him aff' in reference to Michael Moffat every 5 minutes. Turned to look at him when Moffat scored and saw him going absolutely mental and furiously applauding. Absolute knob of a guy. Everyone has them. 

4 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

No, we're in a bad run of form. It's hardly "hud oan the noo the building's oan fire"

It's not really that bad a run either. 3 losses in four sounds poor, but one of those was against the current Premiership leaders.

Yet we have folk going mental saying various players aren't good enough and that we should have seen 'it' coming (seen what), writing off our chances of doing anything, saying we'll be in the relegation playoffs, calling for the manager to go, saying the manager has no idea what he's doing, saying we're a 'soft touch', calling the manager naive, saying we should have kept a load of the players we let go, saying the formation is all wrong, saying other managers could have got us out of the league by now, saying we're overspending and other hysterical nonsense.

Saturday was undeniably shit, but folk need to calm the f**k down.

Edited by DA Baracus

12 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Where to begin.....

It's hard not to have a go at you when you repeatedly post the shite that you do - before the game had even finished on Saturday the drama had started.  Why compare results from week to week to try & prove some sort of point. What is the point of stating that "Morton beat County no bother"? (by your logic Scotland WERE world champions in 1967)

It's like every single game is your first. Every defeat is the first time you've ever had to deal with disappointment. You really need to calm down a bit. We're three games into the season. Three. The majority of fans I speak to have been well impressed with most of our signings Durnan apart. Maybe we should give them a chance to settle into the club & get used to each other - maybe even the first quarter then see where we are. That would be fair in my opinion.

I do apologise for calling you a mess of a human being - that was a bit much.

Darren Dods though..............

Edited by da_no_1

WWWWWLWLL

That's our form. Hardly terrible.

Yet folk are absolutely losing their shit. Are they actually football fans? If so they must be new to football.

Edited by DA Baracus

WWWWWLWLL
That's our form. Hardly terrible.
Yet folk are absolutely losing their shit. Are they actually football fans? If so they must be new to football.
Our recent form is worrying. Losing 9 goals in 3 games is worrying. I hope we fix that this weekend, you know that.

However, I still think the formation isn't best suited to us all the time and I stick by that thought from what I've seen so far.

St Mirren's first 2 league games last season;

St Mirren 3-1 Falkirk

Morton 4-1 St Mirren

A 4-1 pumping, yet their players ended up being good enough. Their manager ended up being good enough. 

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

St Mirren's first 2 league games last season;

St Mirren 3-1 Falkirk

Morton 4-1 St Mirren

A 4-1 pumping, yet their players ended up being good enough. Their manager ended up being good enough. 

It's almost as if the season is already over.

That Morton team was utter guff as well (still managed to beat us of course).

7 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

It's almost as if the season is already over.

That Morton team was utter guff as well (still managed to beat us of course).

The season is over. Haven't you heard? We're terrible, all the signings are shit, Williamson should be released and Durnan should be shot.

P.S. Don't let on, but Ashcroft was at fault for at least 2 of Ayr's goals (the first one where he allowed the Ayr player to turn him and put the cross in and the one where he slipped, letting them in to score, which I believe was the third).

I still rate Ashcroft, as players can and will have bad games, but seemingly Durnan is utter shite based on this one game.

Edited by DA Baracus

The same formation that has seen us win 6 games out of 9?
We switched to 4-4-2 when one nil down at the weekend.
Stirling, Peterhead and Brechin included. Stirling game we were dreadful in my view.

2 Dundee wins, great. Challenge cup game with youngsters, sure OK. I still don't like it and 3 defeats in 4 with a ton of goals conceded has me rightly concerned.

Notice I say concerned, not panic or demanding names taken. Except yours, c**t!

There is a pattern with AJ though in the championship. I’m not saying he’s terrible but he just doesn’t have the tactical sense to be able to take us into the top league.

Perhaps it isn’t his fault entirely but since we came up from league one our squad has started every season missing players of the required quality in certain areas or positions. 

First year, defence and a backup keeper. 

Second year, only two recognised but unproven midfielders.

This year, losing a commanding centre half a goal scorer and McManus and then trying to shoehorn new players into positions or formations they can’t play in.

To compensate we then had to.

First year, signed Morris, Clark and McMullan and left out players deemed good enough who then went onto other clubs in the same league and did better. Fordyce and Reilly.

Second year, we waited until we looked like we were heading for the relegation playoffs then brought in an entire new midfield and it worked tbf. But ultimately we chucked it away despite cruising at United. I reckon we would have beaten Livingston and gave Patrick a scare or possibly beat them. 

This year, we sign two great players in the Longridge bros. Left back has been a revelation his brother is great on the ball but I’m not sure where he fits in? Is he a striker/midfielder or wide player? We drop Higgy despite him being the heartbeat of the team and the focal point for goal kicks. He also brings out the best in Williamson. Signing Hippo seems a little daft, he’s a good player but I can’t see him continuing as a striker so now we have two superb right wingers. Aiden Connolly seems decent but lightweight and hasn’t got a chance yet really. The midfield seems ok though and overall better than last season once Beadling comes back. The defence is a total mess though. Without Morris guiding Williamson he’s all over the shop and Durnan/Devine were failures at their old clubs. Why are we using a system they aren’t comfortable with? Get back to a flat back four and put Ashcroft beside Williamson and play Higgy in front for protection. It looks like we will have to bring in another centre half and a penalty box striker either now or in January.

With a full squad we could try this in the meantime

Robinson/Murdoch

Craigen  Beadling Ashcroft Longridge 

Vincent

Higgy Thomson Longridge 

Faissal Hippo

We would be strong defensively but it would mean taking Beadling out of midfield where he could be handy. It’s his best position probably.

We could really play over a dozen formations and lineups and have a very good amount of attacking players and should make more of early subs. Why not try Williamson as a right winger for 30mins against a tiring opposition? It’s looking like a difficult job to sort out and kudos if AJ can fix it without signing more players. I can see how though?