Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 minute ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Ryan has played 32 league games for us and scored six. I'd probably agree he should have been given more chances, especially last season but he's not exactly been a superb signing. Especially when you think we paid money for the guy. Hopefully he'll be less of a flop if he stays at EEP longer term.

That's not a bad record when you consider he's not had many runs in the starting lineup and a good few sub appearances. 

8 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

That's not a bad record when you consider he's not had many runs in the starting lineup and a good few sub appearances. 

It's also not great. I don't believe Andy Ryan playing up top every week would see us any higher in the league.

My point is not to defend Faiss but more to argue none of our forwards have performed well in the past couple of seasons, other than Nicky Clark. Therefore it's unsurprising to see us being unable to find our own arses in front of goal since he left. Hopefully Callum Smith gets a decent run to show he can do more than the others.

45 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Are they cup tied?

How could they possibly be cup tied?! You need to play a game in the tournament for one team to then be cup tied for another team. The rounds clubs enter the cup are determined on where they finish in the SPFL. The only way Keena and Martin could be cup tied is if Hearts finished in the bottom 6 of the Championship or lower last season and entered in the 3rd round.

Anyway, hope this rumour is pish in regards to Keena. Not bothered at all about Martin and would be happy to see him go.

Edited by DA Baracus

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Wouldn't league cup count? I'm sure they haven't but does it include all cups?

It would be slightly ridiculous if playing in the League Cup group stage in July meant you couldn't play for another team in another competition in January.

I'm sure Levein just wants a look at Martin and Keena to see if they could his first team and if not they'll come back to us.

Enjoyed the interview with Crawford. Easy to tell he's excited by the opportunity and has been itching to get back in charge.

Really glad to hear him and McArthur talking about a renewed focus on developing our own players. It's something I've wanted to see happen for a while and it's the only realistic way for us to grow as a club. Start giving these guys a chance, let them develop and show what they can do. If they can't make the grade then they'll be moved on but if they do then they should either help us on the pitch or be sold on, with the money reinvested into our youth development.

Would be exciting to see guys like Gill, Smith, Todd and McCann being first team regulars for us, at least from the start of next season. Maybe it won't work straight away but I'm convinced this is a good step for the club to take, providing they follow through.

Would have liked to have kept Keena but good for him that he's going to be back in first team contention. He can only play for Hearts for the rest of the season, unless he heads back to us before the end of the window. I also kinda like Martin but he's probably not going to be a major loss.

Big chance for Callum Smith between now and the end of the season. Club is focusing on youth, none of the senior forwards are firing; what an opportunity to make a name for yourself.

Would have liked to have kept Keena but good for him that he's going to be back in first team contention. He can only play for Hearts for the rest of the season, unless he heads back to us before the end of the window. I also kinda like Martin but he's probably not going to be a major loss.
Big chance for Callum Smith between now and the end of the season. Club is focusing on youth, none of the senior forwards are firing; what an opportunity to make a name for yourself.
Problem is he's shite