Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Just copy the Gers.

You'll be debt free by the KO of next season and you can also keep history and all.

Liquidation has a new meaning you know.

You're assuming the pars would receive the same special treatment as Sevco. I wouldn't be so sure.

Get to f**k Masterton you utter c**t.

Any Pars fan that continues to support this coward is a fucking p***k with no morals and no brains and has my utter disgust and contempt.

Feeling will definitely be made known at the game tomorrow.

Feel sorry for the fans. That's about the extent of my sympathy. Obviously hope you get through this as no club in Scotland deserves to die (except Celtic, Sevco and probably Livi and Airdrie). Good luck but it's looking like a Clyde type situation as a best possible outcome. Time for a new start.

BREAKING NEWS

Dunfermline players have now been paid 50% of their February salaries. This
follows a meeting this morning between manager Jim Jefferies and the club's
owner Gavin Masterton.

FROM BBC WEBSITE

If Dunfermline were able to limp through to the end of the season, how would their fans react to the idea of going part-time? It strikes me that a great many clubs in Scotland operate under a full-time delusion.

I agree with that. Too many clubs and fans live under the impression that we should be looking at a large number of full time teams. There just isn't the market for it. Of course, thanks to the SPL, clubs are now left with full time infrastructure and expected to pay for that with both lower crowds and possibly part time football.

BREAKING NEWS

Dunfermline players have now been paid 50% of their February salaries. This

follows a meeting this morning between manager Jim Jefferies and the club's

owner Gavin Masterton.

FROM BBC WEBSITE

That's better but still not excusable by any means whatsoever.

What a tube.

Almost even more insulting to then get more from nowhere.

Oh, I had the money all along but seen as you're threatening strike I suppose I'll have to give it to you.

Still not acceptable, and the very fact it seems that the threat of strike action has convinced the BoD to part with another 30% is ridiculous in itself.

The players and staff should be absolutely fuming. I know I would be if I were in their position.

So were/are they holding money back from players? Where's this extra 30% suddenly appeared from?

Correct. If I hads to guess, the players will have been threatening to strike on Saturday, so the board have shat it. Unless it's come out of someone's pocket then I'd be livid.

Nobody else seems to have mentioned but an average of £500 a week? I know nothing about First Division wages but that seems extraordinarily high. Given the Pars have some young players and a few foreign players on the cheap I'd hate to think what that says about the wages the likes of Gallacher, Barrowman, Cardle etc will be on. Couldn't they have just let them walk in January?

I agree with that. Too many clubs and fans live under the impression that we should be looking at a large number of full time teams. There just isn't the market for it. Of course, thanks to the SPL, clubs are now left with full time infrastructure and expected to pay for that with both lower crowds and possibly part time football.

I would find it extremely sad if the club with the highest attendances in the First Division could not sustain a full-time squad.