Walking Down The Halbeath Road

11 hours ago, parsforlife said:

I did think they were deliberately waiting on last nights result(possibly waiting on the TV picks for the next round too) It gives a bit more clarity on what needs scheduled until the end of the season.  I also assume the SPFL knowing we’ve had a good winter and nobody has had a fixture pile up so they have been less urgent to force an agreement.

I don’t know about your experiences, but would police be involved much? After trouble at the first home game this fixture is now classed the same as an OF game you would think they would want to be highly involved in planning. 

Looking at the calendar I do think the SPFL may need to concede on the must avoid April policy.   Next week is clearly too short notice and I think the 28th will be under that category as well. As said  either side of Falkirks Scottish cup tie look unlikely and as mentioned the following week Falkirk play on Friday,  the next one we won’t want to clash with the Scotland game.  The next two would mean the game would be a double header which I think the police would try hard to avoid.  18th of April looks the first comfortable date.  Yes it’s near end of season but that seems a smaller issue than the others.

Mmm, we'll see. It's not really a "must avoid" policy but I think there'd need to be a damned good reason for it not to be played somewhere in the next 6 weeks. Agree February probably now unlikely though suspect they'd prefer 28th Feb to leaving it to April. At the end of the day if the two of you had a Scottish Cup replay (I know that's no longer a thing but it was a year ago) you'd have organised it on less than a fortnight's notice. The same organisation made Hamilton play us last Tuesday when they were playing Hearts on the Friday in the Scottish Cup so the notion that Falkirk's weekend Scottish Cup tie will have much impact on the timing it probably fallacy. Ours was a televised cup semi final right enough so not quite as flexible as a league match but if Falkirk play Saturday there's no reason the midweek either side couldn't be used. If they play Friday the one after is fine. If they play Sunday or Monday the one before is fine. And there's no reason not to play midweek because Scotland are playing either, you could play the Wednesday instead. Ayr played double headers with Cove a couple of weeks ago too. I'm sure the clubs never mind the police would rather not play twice in a week but if they want to avoid that they've 3 weeks before to slot it into. I'm not seeing any signifcant case to defer to April here. Other than next week, not one of those midweeks is unusable.

The police are always liable to be consulted and potentially could say no but unless there's some other local or national event using manpower resources the game's going to have to be played so there's no real reason for them to rule out any particular date. I'd have thought the sooner the better for policing generally as it would be less decisive in the scheme of the league.

The club shop still has ticket for Friday and Saturday but if you fancy the Thursday night you'll have to get them directly from the Alhambra.

Thursday will be fun opening with the stars below and Brian McGlaughlin hosting.

Screenshot_20230215-130430.jpg

Falkirks Monday night cup game rules out the 14th so I guess they will be looking at 21/22nd March or the 7/8th

Considering it hasn't been played I'd bet on the later of the 2 dates

Edited by 101

Just noticed Motherwell have confirmed a shortlist and McPake's name isn't featured. Ian Holloway, Jack Ross, Grant McCann are on the shortlist and Kettlewell is interested since he's currently interim boss and got a win for them last night against St.Mirren. Obviously there might be others they want to speak to, including McPake but the fact they'd have to pay compensation I'd say they'll not pursue him any further.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Falkirks Monday night cup game rules out the 14th so I guess they will be looking at 21/22nd March or the 7/8th

Considering it hasn't been played I'd bet on the later of the 2 dates

Falkirk probably wouldn't want to play a Tuesday before a Friday night tie on 24th? 

Scotland are at home to Spain on 28th so that will probably be avoided too, although wouldn't rule out 29th.

If I was us I'd be in no rush to rearrange. If they beat Ayr or have another postponement they'll be starting to really struggle.

9 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Just noticed Motherwell have confirmed a shortlist and McPake's name isn't featured. Ian Holloway, Jack Ross, Grant McCann are on the shortlist and Kettlewell is interested since he's currently interim boss and got a win for them last night against St.Mirren. Obviously there might be others they want to speak to, including McPake but the fact they'd have to pay compensation I'd say they'll not pursue him any further.

Motherwell haven't confirmed anything.

The press are saying it though so there's probably some truth someone's tipped them off.

Holloway? Christ. He's done his time in the game. That'd be a major step in the wrong direction. I'd be shocked if it wasn't Jack Ross being given one last chance at a decent gig in this country. He f*cks that up, then his name is going to be mud probably forever. 

2 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

Damn. I was really hoping to vote for John Hughes on the "Next Dunfermline Manager" thread. 

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

Damn. I was really hoping to vote for John Hughes on the "Next Dunfermline Manager" thread. 

Careful now - you'd think Motherwell would be sniffing around the rape apologist if they're turning their attention to League 1

11 minutes ago, 101 said:

Great to see Paul Allan is back to give us an actual CM option to change things rather than dumping a CB in there like last Saturday 

Yeah. I like Paul Allan, think he’s a decent midfielder. He has a great range of passing and can be more physical than Chalmers. However, it concerns me that he seems to be injured more often than he’s available - this must be the 3rd/4th season in a row that we’ve had these injury issues.