Walking Down The Halbeath Road

He certainly sounds like he isn't going back to Dundee. 

Didn't realise we have a young squad until he said 20 times though 🤣

Hopefully it's a good move and gives us that additional grit in midfield we miss at times. My only concern is if it upsets the teams other senior and vocal players aka Bene, with another leader on the park barking orders.

1 hour ago, Heaton said:

Hopefully it's a good move and gives us that additional grit in midfield we miss at times. My only concern is if it upsets the teams other senior and vocal players aka Bene, with another leader on the park barking orders.

It shouldn't, if anything it might be good for Bene. Currently the oldest player, captain, leader etc, might be good for him to allow someone else to have that really experienced input, take lead of things further up the pitch so he can focus on doing what he does. I would say since the Clyde 1-1 draw last month he's been a bit off, saying that, he's still playing really well but maybe not his usual self.

I think Bene and McGowan will know each other already from time spent at Dundee, along with McPake, Wighton etc. McGowan and Wighton linking up if McGowan plays just behind the strikers would be nice, sometimes we're a bit hesitant, delay the pass, make it too early, someone of McGowan's experience will be able to do that well, or at least I hope! 

4 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

It's astounding how rattled Falkirk get when we sign someone. The signings they made in January were rightly praised by Pars fans. It's a shame they can't see fit to do the same.

I said that his effect on your team will depend on his fitness, and his recovery from injury. If he gets fit quick and stays fit, he'll be a good signing, especially as he has worked with McPake before. He is 35 though, so much depends on how quickly he gets back to match fitness.

I said all this when you signed him. Not rattled. He could be a good signing - Dundee fans certainly think so - but time will tell.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Might we see far less of Mochrie for the rest of the season now? 

Think we have been seeing less of Mochrie anyway.  Guys like him and Chalmers that don't like the dirty side of the game have been getting less time recently.

I'm guessing James wants a bit more dig in the midfield with Hamilton getting more time and somebody like McGowan into the side. Paul Allan is back now too. 

Very competitive in that midfield now.

Mochrie came into the game more on Saturday when things opened up in the last half hour.  He might be better coming on as a sub. 

Having said that, I'd still play him from the start - back 3 of Otoo, Bene and Comrie, Edwards and McDonald as wing-backs, Hamilton, McGowan and Todd in the middle with Mochrie playing off Wighton up front.

If/when it's not going great, you can change it up with a 4-4-2, take off a midfielder and McDonald, bring on big Todorov to win some headers, KRH to play wide right, Mochrie (or Mahon) on the left and shift Comrie to right-back.

Plan A should involve MacDonald and McGowan being on the pitch. If we are chasing a goal, then Mochrie is good to bring on along with Todorov up front. It is hardly rocket science. If you can spread the game and deliver good balls from out wide for Todorov, he is going to win them more often than not. 

7 hours ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

Mochrie came into the game more on Saturday when things opened up in the last half hour.  He might be better coming on as a sub. 

Having said that, I'd still play him from the start - back 3 of Otoo, Bene and Comrie, Edwards and McDonald as wing-backs, Hamilton, McGowan and Todd in the middle with Mochrie playing off Wighton up front.

If/when it's not going great, you can change it up with a 4-4-2, take off a midfielder and McDonald, bring on big Todorov to win some headers, KRH to play wide right, Mochrie (or Mahon) on the left and shift Comrie to right-back.

Mochrie playing off Wighton doesn't work IMO, they both try and occupy the same space. 

On 21/02/2023 at 14:36, SouthStander1876 said:

This is a serious question, does anyone know if he is still tagged? Can he even play midweek games

Aye, right enough, I’ve heard people generally get tagged for up to 8 years. 

12 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Paul McGowan. An exciting signing. Wouldn’t want to live next door to him though. 

I'll never get used to not living next door to Gowser. 

Gowser, Gowser, who the etc etc. 

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy

Back to winning ways today hopefully. We really need this win big style, and hope Airdrie beat Falkirk. It really is sleeves rolled up time from now on in. Falkirk are a capable side and picking up form. I feel we've certainly seen a bit of a dip with some key players, which is slightly concerning.