Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Want one of those t-shirts! 

It's not shown in this video but the kid kicking the beach ball off the back of the steward's head was amusing.

Edited by DA Baracus

17 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Want one of those t-shirts! 

It's not shown in this video but the kid kicking the beach ball off the back of the steward's head was amusing.

The T-shirts are great a nice throwback to the Paton league win.

20 hours ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

Congrats to The Pars on getting out of this horrible league at the first attempt. On our head to heads I didn't see an awful lot between the sides, excluding the 3-4 defeat you gave us at the Excelsior and even then the sending off changed that game. It's been the other games where you have been completely relentless and the league table does not lie.  Hopefully we can (finally) get through the play offs to join you but if we don't so long as Falkirk don't go up either we'll all be happy. 

Edited to add: Hope to f**k we don't do some ridiculous guard of honour for you coming on to the pitch next week unless it's been agreed in advance that you'll lie down for us. 

We’ll do a guard of honour for you if you promise to dump Falkirk out the playoffs 🤣

🚨New show 

Michael Wood joins Aaron Dougan to discuss...  

⭐#DAFC winning the league in scintillating fashion 
🏆The longest unbeaten run in a #COYP league season.
🤔Pros and cons of this season
📈Expectations for next season

Listen here: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/thats-never-10-yards/episodes/The-Pars-are-Having-a-Party-e22fasp

The cage died when the seats went in. It never had the same feel when it was made all seater.

Section NW has created a brilliant section of their own in a different part of the stadium. Not tried to re-create the past. They are a huge assest on and off the pitch.

Credit to David Cook reducing the season ticket prices for that age group. He has got it spot on with a few things since his arrival.

48 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Section NW has created a brilliant section of their own in a different part of the stadium. Not tried to re-create the past. They are a huge assest on and off the pitch.

Aye, the young lads in the NW certainly brought a lot of atmosphere to the game yesterday.

Just curious, why did they pick that corner though?  Against say beside the half-way line in the N stand which looks a fine place to watch the game from?  Must be a crap view of the game from tucked away in that corner - but then again, at that age, with all the jumping about I guess that the view of the game isn't the main thing, eh?  Maybe its the acoustics you get in the corner.  You certainly see the "ultras" of other clubs tucked away in corners too these days.

1 minute ago, Otis Blue said:

Just curious, why did they pick that corner though? 

They were forced to move when McArthur was in charge.

Folk sitting further down the NW couldn't see the game due to them standing up.  They basically got a free pass to stand during the game by moving to the corner and not blocking anybody's view. It's turned out a good move. They have decorated that area with banners and murals on the walls. Very good when we are attacking the Norrie stand.

10 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Aye, the young lads in the NW certainly brought a lot of atmosphere to the game yesterday.

Just curious, why did they pick that corner though?  Against say beside the half-way line in the N stand which looks a fine place to watch the game from?  Must be a crap view of the game from tucked away in that corner - but then again, at that age, with all the jumping about I guess that the view of the game isn't the main thing, eh?  Maybe it’s the acoustics you get in the corner.  You certainly see the "ultras" of other clubs tucked away in corners too these days.

There was always a bit in the corner then a bit at the half way like that you would class as singing sections. A game in 2017 against Falkirk involved a bit of crowd trouble in the home end, Falkirk got a penalty for a blatant dive and coins and a lighter was thrown on the pitch IIRC. There had already been some issues with  that section throwing things, running down to the wall to scream at the lino etc  so the police said to the club it had to do something. RM decided to close the section which was rubbish, but over the past few of seasons one guy started Section North West and it’s grown and grown. Went from a couple of flags at games to full blown tifo designs, merchandise etc. Only issue about the section under the gantry is it’s pretty small. 15 or so rows with about 10 seats in each. The area at the corner is a full section so plenty room. Also, having it in the corner definitely helps when shooting towards the Norrie end in the second half and needing a goal.

13 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

There was always a bit in the corner then a bit at the half way like that you would class as singing sections. A game in 2017 against Falkirk involved a bit of crowd trouble in the home end, Falkirk got a penalty for a blatant dive and coins and a lighter was thrown on the pitch IIRC. There had already been some issues with  that section throwing things, running down to the wall to scream at the lino etc  so the police said to the club it had to do something. RM decided to close the section which was rubbish, but over the past few of seasons one guy started Section North West and it’s grown and grown. Went from a couple of flags at games to full blown tifo designs, merchandise etc. Only issue about the section under the gantry is it’s pretty small. 15 or so rows with about 10 seats in each. The area at the corner is a full section so plenty room. Also, having it in the corner definitely helps when shooting towards the Norrie end in the second half and needing a goal.

Think McArthur gets a bad rep for this when it’s turned out the best way for all.  He was the one (from my memory at the time) who said about a singing section (pre “North West” days) being in the end of the stand so that they could stand up during games and add atmosphere without annoying the rest of the support in there.  He can’t be blamed for folk acting like utter Fannie’s that caused the closure of the section at the time.  He might not have the best judgement on which manager to pick but he always tried hard to act in the best interests of the fans and the club, sometimes an impossible balance - especially when things on the pitch aren’t going great.

25 minutes ago, parsboi said:

Think McArthur gets a bad rep for this when it’s turned out the best way for all.  He was the one (from my memory at the time) who said about a singing section (pre “North West” days) being in the end of the stand so that they could stand up during games and add atmosphere without annoying the rest of the support in there.  He can’t be blamed for folk acting like utter Fannie’s that caused the closure of the section at the time.  He might not have the best judgement on which manager to pick but he always tried hard to act in the best interests of the fans and the club, sometimes an impossible balance - especially when things on the pitch aren’t going great.

Aye he did get a hard time but it was handled badly. There were also several people in that area who sat there because they’d always sat there, or even one I know if that sat there because it was the only place in the ground where he could see both ends of the pitch due to eyesight and there are too many stairs in the main stand. Yes it’s turned out for the best but it nearly didn’t. Let’s face it, there were a couple of seasons where that particular area wasn’t booming after they closed section L. Yes it’s where the people who created atmosphere went but for your run of the mill home games against Morton or Queen of the South it was at times very quiet. Kudos to the youth, they’ve created it and ran with it. Also massive credit to Jason Canning, he’s the one who organised the displays, creates them etc. Talented guy and 100% the brains behind it. I actually feel really sorry for him when people in that section throw things, no doubt they’re kids but he gets a lot of permission from the club to do these things. On McCarthur I have nothing bad to say. He didn’t always get it right but he’s a good man who had Dunfermline Athletic as his priority. I’m not sure if he’s started going back to games in his season ticket seat in the North West stand but I hope he has and was there yesterday enjoying it.

35 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

It's definitely better there than in Section E early 2000s, closer to the pitch and the players probably feel that energy too.

Was that Section E of the Norrie? I do recall a standing section there before my time, I had a season ticket but we were up in the opposite corner of the Norrie above the tunnel from 2000 onwards up until 2007 and that’s when I moved to the North West.

Section E was gaining a bit of momentum as we got promoted back to the SPL in 2011 IIRC. A feeble attempt at top flight football followed by admin and another relegation seemed to kill the notion of having any kind of singing section. 

It definitely feels like we have a whole new generation of Pars fans who turn out every week with Section North West. It’s great to see when we have displays, flags and murals etc. This squad seems to have a bit of an affinity with it too, something we had lost for a few years. 

18 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Heard from a few folk that Pars TV cut out just before the second goal and was otherwise dodgy.

The club should punt it completely and set up a better, more professional service. Perhaps this may mean taking a couple of folk from Pars TV, perhaps not, but Pars TV needs to get to f**k.

It's consistently been one of the worst club streaming services in Scotland. Despite a lot of feedback it's still garbage. Also, the c**t who runs it (Brian), is a piece of shit who should never be allowed any official connection with the club.

we`ve had some feedback from users today, sample is below:

Quote:

Sorry not good enough . Farce again
No real surprise tbh,
Pars TV down after 30 mins in one of the most important games of the season, at home and we miss the second goal? Come on...

It`s really disappointing to see some of these comments, considering this is the first drop of 2-3 minutes we`ve had all season.

we`ve tried very hard to keep on top of the stream this season, and tried to keep the costs very low. I believe the stream has always been great, except for a few minutes in many hours of streaming.

I`m sure you will realise that a subscription of £15 per month to watch the stream is a stupidly low figure and that we can`t offer a SKY/BT service at that cost.

the idea is to try and ensure that we provide a very valuable service to Pars fans without overcharging.

it seems that if you think the service is not up to scratch then the cost will have to increase dramatically, so that we have multiple systems in place for the very odd occassion that a very small issue occurs.
I believe that despite the drop for 2-3 minutes that today`s stream was excellent and the majority of fans had no issues. You caught the 4 goals plus a replay of the 2nd goal (which we recovered from the camera).

my recommendation will be to DAFC to set the Subscription cost at £50 per month to ensure that there are never any drops in service throughout the year.

Nobody expecting Sky coverage. Just the equivalent of what other clubs around our level offer. Absolute bellend of a guy.