Walking Down The Halbeath Road

32 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

we`ve had some feedback from users today, sample is below:

Quote:

Sorry not good enough . Farce again
No real surprise tbh,
Pars TV down after 30 mins in one of the most important games of the season, at home and we miss the second goal? Come on...

It`s really disappointing to see some of these comments, considering this is the first drop of 2-3 minutes we`ve had all season.

we`ve tried very hard to keep on top of the stream this season, and tried to keep the costs very low. I believe the stream has always been great, except for a few minutes in many hours of streaming.

I`m sure you will realise that a subscription of £15 per month to watch the stream is a stupidly low figure and that we can`t offer a SKY/BT service at that cost.

the idea is to try and ensure that we provide a very valuable service to Pars fans without overcharging.

it seems that if you think the service is not up to scratch then the cost will have to increase dramatically, so that we have multiple systems in place for the very odd occassion that a very small issue occurs.
I believe that despite the drop for 2-3 minutes that today`s stream was excellent and the majority of fans had no issues. You caught the 4 goals plus a replay of the 2nd goal (which we recovered from the camera).

my recommendation will be to DAFC to set the Subscription cost at £50 per month to ensure that there are never any drops in service throughout the year.

Nobody expecting Sky coverage. Just the equivalent of what other clubs around our level offer. Absolute bellend of a guy.

A thin skinned, petty p***k of a man. He's always been like that.

Get him and ParsTV to f**k.

I've used it majority of gamed this season and it's not the first 3 minutes of drop out by any stretch. 

As already said, the same level of quality should be minimum from us compared to other clubs of a similar size. There's issues every couple of games or so, not for long but enough to be frustrating. 

Apparently we need to upgrade the gantry area, any investment in Parstv should be going to that but I've yet to hear anything over the past years. 

4 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Credit to David Cook reducing the season ticket prices for that age group. He has got it spot on with a few things since his arrival.

I think he's had a very good first season in the role.

Although, the true test of his abilities will be how he handles things when we aren't doing so well on the pitch and fans turn a bit. Hopefully that isn't for some time ofc!

51 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I've used it majority of gamed this season and it's not the first 3 minutes of drop out by any stretch. 

As already said, the same level of quality should be minimum from us compared to other clubs of a similar size. There's issues every couple of games or so, not for long but enough to be frustrating. 

Apparently we need to upgrade the gantry area, any investment in Parstv should be going to that but I've yet to hear anything over the past years. 

I respect the fact that people are giving up their time to try and deliver a service for supporters who aren't able to attend the matches. However, having watched a few games during lockdown it is definitely not something that I would consider paying for again.

I know a couple of guys that spoke to those involved at the Volunteers Night a few months back and they never heard anything back. Have to admit that Brian going in the huff in search of sympathy/pity should surprise nobody. This is a man in the past who would delete and edit posts on Dot Net because the club told him to. They actually had someone in the office who would read through the threads and flag any topics the club didn't want discussed by users.

24 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

This is a man in the past who would delete and edit posts on Dot Net because the club told him to. They actually had someone in the office who would read through the threads and flag any topics the club didn't want discussed by users.

Probably during the Masterton lawyers letters era. Tbh if I had someone wealthy threatening to sue me for everything I had I would have closed the whole thing down. 

All allegedly of course.

52 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Yesterday was extremely enjoyable and I think everyone associated with the team this season should be extremely proud of their efforts. People can argue that we're a full-time club in a mostly part-time league but I think anyone who follows Scottish football closely will know just how impressive it is to lose only one out of 33 matches. Think we're on course for a record points total, unbeaten run and fewest defeats as well.

Winning 5-0 also felt quite out of tune from most of our performances during the campaign. Our strengths have been in being hard to score against and almost impossible to beat. To watch us strut our stuff and deliver a bit of a humping felt like a welcome treat. It's been frustrating sometimes to watch us but I've been struck all season by how hard this squad works and how they can come alive in 15-20 minute spells and overwhelm the opposition.

Lots of players deserve credit but Kyle Bendictus in POTY for me. An inspirational leader from the back and I honestly can't remember him having anything close to a poor game. Super consistent, improves his teammates and provides them with the reassurance that he has things handled at the back. Think this season could have turned out very differently if he'd missed a significant chuck of games but thankfully he's managed to play every minute.

Imagine saying before the start of this season that Matty Todd, Joe Chalmers and Deniz Mehmet would be key figures in a runaway Pars title success? The improvement in Todd especially has amazed me; I remember seeing him playing against Falkirk at EEP and being utterly seething at what a gutless shitebag he looked. Now he's a tireless, goalscoring midfielder and loving life as the archetypal hometown hero.

As for McPake, I had no idea what to expect when he was appointed. I was confident he would have to better than Grant or Hughes - is it possible to do worse? - but I wasn't sure if he would be able to see off the challenge from a Falkirk side managed by McGlynn. Well, he ended up schooling him throughout the season and his masterclass at TFS in November was a thing of beauty. I don't believe McGlynn has mentally recovered from that defeat and his subsequent rambling meltdown about corner kicks. He deserves immense credit for what he has achieved and doing so by including so many players still scarred by relegation.

Similar to my previous post about David Cook, the true test of McPake will be how he copes when things aren't going as smoothly on the pitch. If we struggle in the first quarter next season how will he handle it? Will the good vibes from this season mean supporters remain loyal if we suffer a disappointing derby defeat versus Raith? Is he capable of going further than AJ did following promotion and build a team that can fight for the Championship title?

I've had a really challenging year personally and experienced some pretty bleak moments. Having the opportunity to distract myself with the Pars has felt like a privilege and on many occasions has added hours of enjoyment when I needed it the most. I can only echo what others have said about the lads in the NW; even being near to that enthusiasm and energy is infectious. The atmosphere at EEP would be utterly abject without them and the players now head straight over there when a big goal is scored.

Hope all other Pars fans had a lovely weekend and take some time to savour this - in almost 140 years this is only our 7th league title and we have to make the most of the good times for as long as they stick around.

Great post.

I've had some tough times in the last year too and the Pars have been a release from the reality of life at times. 

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Yesterday was extremely enjoyable and I think everyone associated with the team this season should be extremely proud of their efforts. People can argue that we're a full-time club in a mostly part-time league but I think anyone who follows Scottish football closely will know just how impressive it is to lose only one out of 33 matches. Think we're on course for a record points total, unbeaten run and fewest defeats as well.

Winning 5-0 also felt quite out of tune from most of our performances during the campaign. Our strengths have been in being hard to score against and almost impossible to beat. To see us strut our stuff and deliver a bit of a humping felt like a welcome treat. It's been frustrating sometimes to watch us but I've been struck all season by how hard this squad works and how they can come alive in 15-20 minute spells and overwhelm the opposition.

Lots of players deserve credit but Kyle Bendictus is POTY for me. An inspirational leader from the back and I honestly can't remember him having anything close to a poor game. Super consistent, improves his teammates and provides them with the reassurance that he has things handled at the back. Think this season could have turned out very differently if he'd missed a significant chuck of games but thankfully he's managed to play every minute.

Imagine saying before the start of this season that Matty Todd, Joe Chalmers and Deniz Mehmet would be key figures in a runaway Pars title success? The improvement in Todd especially has amazed me; I remember seeing him playing against Falkirk at EEP and being utterly seething at what a gutless shitebag he looked. Now he's a tireless, goalscoring midfielder and loving life as the archetypal hometown hero.

As for McPake, I had no idea what to expect when he was appointed. I was confident he would have to better than Grant or Hughes - is it possible to do worse? - but I wasn't sure if he would be able to see off the challenge from a Falkirk side managed by McGlynn. Well, he ended up schooling him throughout the season and his masterclass at TFS in November was a thing of beauty. I don't believe McGlynn has mentally recovered from that defeat and his subsequent rambling meltdown about corner kicks. He deserves immense credit for what he has achieved and doing so by including so many players still scarred by relegation.

Similar to my previous post about David Cook, the true test of McPake will be how he copes when things aren't going as smoothly on the pitch. If we struggle in the first quarter next season how will he handle it? Will the good vibes from this season mean supporters remain loyal if we suffer a disappointing derby defeat versus Raith? Is he capable of going further than AJ did following promotion and build a team that can fight for the Championship title?

I've had a really challenging year personally and experienced some pretty bleak moments. Having the opportunity to distract myself with the Pars has felt like a privilege and on many occasions has added hours of enjoyment when I needed it the most. I can only echo what others have said about the lads in the NW; even being near to that enthusiasm and energy is infectious. The atmosphere at EEP would be utterly abject without them and the players now head straight over there when a big goal is scored.

Hope all other Pars fans had a lovely weekend and take some time to savour this - in almost 140 years this is only our 7th league title and we have to make the most of the good times for as long as they stick around.

Tremendous post.   You’re not alone.   Sometimes if it hadn’t been for the Pars and the people there, my darker days could have been darker for sure.   Pretty sure that goes for so many folk that follow football clubs, to us they are so much more than just a “football team”.

We're in mid-April and know that we'll 100% be playing in the Championship next season.  At the moment, it's only the Rovers that know the same - and it looks like a complete overall is about to happen over there.

I am hopeful that Cook, McPake, our owners et al can take some advantage of this.  We have over 3 months before our next league game and I'd hope they get us there with a squad that can trouble the top 4.  From what I've seen of the Championship this season, we should be looking to kick on and challenge rather than settle for any sort of consolidation.

3 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

in almost 140 years this is only our 7th league title

On top of your superb post, I think this stat is incredible. I've been lucky enough to witness 6 of those title wins. 1986, 1989, 1996, 2011, 2016 and 2023. Should've won the league in 1987 too. Total arse collapse in the final two games to give Morton the title.

Should add folks, quite apart from the fact that Queens tactics were begging for exactly what they got, I thought that Pars side on Saturday were miles ahead of the Accies side that we faced in the Diddy Cup semi-final.  Add a wee bit of additional quality here and there (don't tinker too much) and you'll enjoy the Championship next season.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

We'll have a home game to open the 23/24 season.

They’ll probably do something annoying like make it a televised Friday game. Now that we’re back in the Championship I hope we see us play away on a Friday night more often. We always seem to have televised home games.

19 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

They’ll probably do something annoying like make it a televised Friday game. Now that we’re back in the Championship I hope we see us play away on a Friday night more often. We always seem to have televised home games.

Think there's a decent chance of it being televised sadly. The current deal is 2 games at each ground so we'll probably have a few away games but will definitely have 2 home games shifted as I think it's for 20 games in total.

13 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Think there's a decent chance of it being televised sadly. The current deal is 2 games at each ground so we'll probably have a few away games but will definitely have 2 home games shifted as I think it's for 20 games in total.

33 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

The one major downside of promotion.

I do quite like the bit of exposure it creates but it's a shi*ter when they move games like Rovers etc. I know a you'll get more neutrals tuning in if it's Raith Vs Dunfermline but it'll hinder the actual live crowd. I don't think we had one Saturday 3pm against Raith last season.

At least you get a good look at all other Championship teams. 

22 minutes ago, par-adise said:

Yep I'm a bit of a hypocrite as I watch a fair amount of those games and like seeing a bit more of the other teams, but if they could only pick us away to ICT and Ross County that would be great.

Nah, those are ones I want to get to!