Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Thought Tod and Sutherland looked really good challenged well.

Attacking midfield seems to be a real gap. Actually enjoy the Alhambra afterwards despite pretty much drinking the place dry 

6 hours ago, 101 said:

Thought Tod and Sutherland looked really good challenged well.

Attacking midfield seems to be a real gap. Actually enjoy the Alhambra afterwards despite pretty much drinking the place dry 

Was there many Pars fans at the Alhambra?  Thought the Celtic guff would've put a few off.

15 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Someone on here told me that young Tod has a brother who is also at the club, albeit in a younger age group.

Imagine two sons of the Son of God playing for the Pars?!

Yeah, they played together a few times in the youth cup earlier last season. Think it's Jon Tod? Not sure if we had Todd, Tod, Tod and Todarov on the park at any point last season though!

1 hour ago, Chubbychops said:

Was there many Pars fans at the Alhambra?  Thought the Celtic guff would've put a few off.

Aye, I would say St Pauli fans were the biggest demographic there then maybe slightly more Celtic fans that pars fans but recognised a few faces.

TwinsTown were winding the Celtic fans up tbf completely deserved, what kind of moron wears a random teams kit to another teams friendly they also seemed very needy.

8 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Someone has utterly fcked up the tunnell area by by printing "com on ye Pars".

Amateur. Fucking amateur stuff.

That’s a shocker. 

10 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Does yer man Fenton always wear goggles? 

Andy Tod is still young, think he's 17? So can't have laser eye surgery etc. 

Surprised he doesn't wear contacts. 

35 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Asked about it yesterday, KDM cock up. It's temporary and getting ripped out on Monday. 

22 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

He might not be able to wear contacts. Might be one of those folk who can't stand them. 

Didn't do Edgar Davids any harm to wear the goggles.

Andy Tod Jnr on the front of Fifa* 2031? 

*I realise the name will change

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

It's "com'on ye pars"

The home strip would look infinitely better with red logos. Shame. But still, it is quite a smart kit. 

Unless we draw the OF in the cup, we’ll not come across anything as good as St Pauli this season. It is a bare bones team as well, and we had to utilise a lot of youngsters. We need at least 4 or 5 more signings and I’m sure McPake has been making inroads, so I won’t be panicking just yet. 

If anyone expected anything else from the game last night then you were delusional. I predicted 4 nil. They were always going to be far better than us and we've only been in preseason a week ffs.

It was an exhibition not a friendly. It was to create ties between the clubs and earn some money, which it did.

I got my home top this morning and the shop said they sold over 200 of the scarfs alone, as well as others buying up anything with the St Pauli name or badge. 

Edited by Heaton

2 hours ago, 101 said:

Aye, I would say St Pauli fans were the biggest demographic there then maybe slightly more Celtic fans that pars fans but recognised a few faces.

TwinsTown were winding the Celtic fans up tbf completely deserved, what kind of moron wears a random teams kit to another teams friendly they also seemed very needy.

They certainly are a funny lot, Scots who want to be Irish and last night wanted to be German as well, but still show everyone that they are Irish! 

Wearing their hooped shirts was definitely a case of ‘look at me!’ last night and wonder what real St Pauli fans who were there thought of them.

I have seen messages on twitter from St Pauli fans from all over the UK who came to the game so in that respect it was good to help raise The Pars profile a bit. 

I certainly wouldn’t say no to a return match in Hamburg. 

8 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

Will be shit if it's next year. Will be bored of Germany after winning the Euros 😉

43 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

They certainly are a funny lot, Scots who want to be Irish and last night wanted to be German as well, but still show everyone that they are Irish! 

Wearing their hooped shirts was definitely a case of ‘look at me!’ last night and wonder what real St Pauli fans who were there thought of them.

I have seen messages on twitter from St Pauli fans from all over the UK who came to the game so in that respect it was good to help raise The Pars profile a bit. 

Aye there was a Yorkshire flag there which was nice. The ones in Celtic tops though, oaft.