Walking Down The Halbeath Road

13 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

Is there any fruition behind Jakubiak, Rudden etc? Wouldn’t want McDaid.

Not really. Just putting two and two together given McPake worked with Jakubiak. Rudden just seems like the kind of striker we would be in the market for, and isn’t an unlikely proposition. 

Probably sounding like a broken record but had a bit of time to waste today so had a look at what other clubs in the division are offering some form of payment plan/finance. From initial reading 5/5 are offering it, Thistle, Airdrie, Queens Park, Arbroath and ourselves are not. Falkirk also offering a pay up option. Thistle were the only club to say they weren’t doing it, the others didn’t mention it at all but it may be a possibility further down the season ticket application.

I understand the club said V12 couldn’t do it anymore but they’re doing Dundee Utd’s. Inverness have another finance company whereas Morton, Ayr and Raith all seem to have an option for 3/6 month instalments. I wonder why the club haven’t opted for something like that, it guarantees season ticket sales. Your average punter who normally PATG could commit. Bring on the winter months and they might think twice since they don’t have a ST and then there’s no income from them.

I personally would use it this season coming, even just splitting over three. Car went for a service this week and came back about for times more expensive than we expected. Given the ridiculous cost of everything just now clubs should do this, it guarantees them income and makes it easier for the loyal customer.

I’ve emailed SLO Drew about this last weekend but haven’t heard anything back.

Spreading over 3-6 months without a finance firm means the club taking all the risk if someone doesn't pay, and having to monitor payments against ST cards so they can cancel them if payments aren't made. 

I can understand why they wouldn't want to take the burden on and avoid putting themselves in that position. Especially at this time, people may decide part way through, not to pay as other priorities come to play and then the club is left with less budget than they thought.

But then as you point out, others are using V12 and other firms who will do all the above, and PayPal being a payment option on the site would help at least.

On 01/07/2023 at 11:18, 101 said:

Connor, ex jambo

On 01/07/2023 at 11:28, Heaton said:

Connor is who i'd want

Unfortunately won’t be happening chaps, signed a new one year deal with the Jambos and they’ve confirmed he’ll be involved in the first team.

Yous would be absolutely mental to take McDaid. Amongst the shite that has been through our doors in recent years, he stands out as one of the most forgettable, disinterested charlatans. 

Of course, he has shown through his career that he has more talent than what we seen, so it's not impossible he puts in a shift somewhere, but I'd warn any club about going near him after his performances for us. 

Hoping to see one or two new faces this week. I know that the league is the priority, but I’d like to see a couple of new signings getting a chance to play v Hearts and Alloa, before we start the league cup campaign.

I know everyone has been trying very hard to get players in and I’ve got no doubt that we are close to getting a couple sorted out. But we are very light in numbers, particularly in attacking areas and the league cup is such a busy schedule to start the season, with 4 games in 11 days. It would be good if we had rotation options/cover. Guys like Breen, Wighton and Allan seem to be quite injury prone and I don’t want us to be too reliant on them at this stage and for that to result in injuries that impact the league campaign.

Although, the reality is, if we end up losing to Raith, we basically have 3 friendlies after that as we won’t be getting into the next round anyway.

I actually think we could get a tune out of Alex Jakubiak and Danny Mullen if they are working alongside Wighton and McCann. 

Is Shane Sutherland a possibility? He was released by Caley and is a proven goalscorer. Can’t really think of any others that we could be in for that are out of contract. 

10 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

I actually think we could get a tune out of Alex Jakubiak and Danny Mullen if they are working alongside Wighton and McCann. 

Is Shane Sutherland a possibility? He was released by Caley and is a proven goalscorer. Can’t really think of any others that we could be in for that are out of contract. 

He's absolutely done at this level. I'm pretty sure he didn't play a game last season due to injuries. 

Edited by Broken Algorithms

Shane Sutherland is coming off the back of a couple of surgeries, I believe. He's thrown a fair bit of snash at Caley Thistle for not supporting him properly. I've no idea how close he is to actually being fit again, I suspect its a fair while, and even then he'd be a gamble for a team at this level. 

Danny Mullen is an interesting one, though. Didn't get a huge amount of game time at Thistle but did still chip in with a few goals. If he's happy to come in and be part of an overall forward unit again, as opposed to being a guaranteed starter, he's about as good as you'll get at this level. 

17 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Agree on Mullen/Jakubiak. Both have potential to be really good signings. I’d be very pleased with them. Mullen playing alongside Jakubiak or Wighton, or wide in a front 3, would be good. But I wouldn’t be relying on him for goals. From what I’ve seen of him though, he causes defences problems and is good at linking up the play.

Was it Mullen who missed an open goal after Mehmet had a howler in the cup game last season? I can’t remember, but seem to think it was.

As mentioned above, Sutherland took to social media to slate Caley, who then shot down his claims, by pointing out that they followed legal procedures - which involved a face to face meeting with him. Don’t really want someone like that around the club.

55 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Yous would be absolutely mental to take McDaid. Amongst the shite that has been through our doors in recent years, he stands out as one of the most forgettable, disinterested charlatans. 

Of course, he has shown through his career that he has more talent than what we seen, so it's not impossible he puts in a shift somewhere, but I'd warn any club about going near him after his performances for us. 

I'd rather not find out, he just seems to be a bit of a shyster. 

With Rovers having a plethora of attacking midfield options I wonder if it'd be worth asking about Ethan Ross? Has pace, could play off the left. I can't think of many wide players that are free/out of contract who have some pace behind them, would require us to talk to a club with a player under contract/a loan player later in the window I'd imagine.